offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Yeah, the Rock isn't directly related to Haku's family or the Anoa'i family. Both are blood brother bonds, which in their cultures is as permanent and serious as marriage or adoption, but there's no biological relation.

Anyway, Turner media is presenting a 2 hour All Elite Wrestling at the upfronts for TBS and TNT. So it's a done deal, one of the two stations will air AEW Tuesday Night Dynamite. Should start airing sometime this fall.

So they really did it. Cody Rhodes, Kenny Omega, and the Young Bucks turned a god damn spoof Youtube series into a wrestling promotion backed by Warner Bros and the Jacksonville Jaguars ownership.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Anyway, Turner media is presenting a 2 hour All Elite Wrestling at the upfronts for TBS and TNT. So it's a done deal, one of the two stations will air AEW Tuesday Night Dynamite. Should start airing sometime this fall.

So they really did it. Cody Rhodes, Kenny Omega, and the Young Bucks turned a god damn spoof Youtube series into a wrestling promotion backed by Warner Bros and the Jacksonville Jaguars ownership.

Good, start looking for them to start heavy bugging NJPW to do a partnership by the first of next new year when they realize they don't have a roster.

In other news, ROH put out the match card for the Crockett Cup Tag Tournament. G.O.D is booked in Japan the same weekend so their own Tag Champions won't be at their own tag tournament.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Who do you think is going to lose money faster?

The NFL owner starting a wrestling company?
or
The Wrestling Owner trying to start a football company?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Good, start looking for them to start heavy bugging NJPW to do a partnership by the first of next new year when they realize they don't have a roster..

You don't need that big of a roster when you are doing only 2 hours of TV a week (if that).

famicommander

15 Year Member
Good, start looking for them to start heavy bugging NJPW to do a partnership by the first of next new year when they realize they don't have a roster.

In other news, ROH put out the match card for the Crockett Cup Tag Tournament. G.O.D is booked in Japan the same weekend so their own Tag Champions won't be at their own tag tournament.

Crockett Cup is an NWA thing. It's just on an ROH card because NWA is too broke to run their own cards.

And NJPW isn't going to work with AEW. Not while AEW works with Dragon Gate, NJPW's biggest domestic rival, and AAA.

famicommander

15 Year Member
What ever happened to NOAH?

Turned out they were owned by the Yakuza, got sold, got put on life support by NJPW, got sold again, can barely draw 400 fans now.

In terms of Japan it's
NJPW

Dragon Gate

AJPW

DDT
NOAH

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Where is Wrestle1 on that depth chart?

Turned out they were owned by the Yakuza, got sold, got put on life support by NJPW, got sold again, can barely draw 400 fans now.

I actually looked it up after I made the post but still wanted your hot take on it.

So it was like this:

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Wrestle-1, Zero1, Big Japan, and Inoki Genome are the major Indies in Japan.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Vampiro has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. He's only 51 years old. Awful news.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
What ever happened to NOAH?

Noah was the number 1 promotion in Japan only 10 short years ago. Then their main draw Misawa died, they lost their TV deal, and their Yakuza dealings became public. Poor bastards had it rough.

NJPW better hope their Yakuza ties never become public, or they will be in the same place Noah is right now. Although who gives a shit, its all Indy trash now anyway.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Vampiro has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. He's only 51 years old. Awful news.

This is heartbreaking.

Early onset is wicked. My neighbor has it in her 40s. Former Engineer, now can barely walk, or be coherent. Some real Flowers for Algernon shit.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bad week for WWE:
-Raw viewership for the post Wrestlemania episode was down 25% versus last year
-Smackdown down 34%
-Nia Jax tore her ACLs in both knees
-Big E tore his meniscus
-A writer was fired because Bret Hart said "Vince" during his HOF speech. Then DX made a bunch of jokes about it in their own, knowing they ain't getting fired.
-Daniel Bryan has an undisclosed injury
-AJ Styles has a hip injury
-Ronda Rousey broke her hand
-Bobby Lashley is leaving to pursue an MMA fight
-Brock Lesnar is leaving to pursue an MMA fight
-Obviously the Bret Hart attack
-Rey Mysterio is apparently not injured, and is pissed his match was cut to a squash for time
-Sasha Banks tried to quit at Wrestlemania but will not be allowed out of her contract. She was apparently promised that her tag title reign would be long and well-built to establish the credibility of the new championship, and she felt like the match at Mania took a big shit on the whole new division. She has been sent home but is not being released from her contract. So she'll either have to come back and work in misery until her contract expires like Ambrose or wait almost 2 years like PAC, more than likely. She would be too valuable to AEW or ROH right now for WWE to risk letting her go.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Also apparently the punches thrown in the worked shoot thing were real, and Jay Briscoe wrecked up Big Cass' face. Cass was said to be very out of shape his eyes were bloodshot.

No word on if Enzo got his face messed up too, but we can hope.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Also apparently the punches thrown in the worked shoot thing were real, and Jay Briscoe wrecked up Big Cass' face. Cass was said to be very out of shape his eyes were bloodshot.

No word on if Enzo got his face messed up too, but we can hope.

Problem with that is if Enzo got his face smashed, it'd only be an improvement :tickled:

famicommander

15 Year Member
The back and forth between these dudes shows exactly how much they didn't need Enzo and Cass in the first place.

GOD's press conference after the bullshit worked shoot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRuVH8Ygh4&t=1s

Briscoes respond:
https://twitter.com/jaybriscoe84/status/1116634077493432321/video/1

Tama responds:
https://twitter.com/Tama_Tonga/status/1117015810910765056/video/1

Briscoes last word:
https://twitter.com/jaybriscoe84/status/1117120293368160256

This is the feud. Enzo and Cass add nothing to the equation.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Luke Harper has requested his WWE release. Hopefully he reverts to his Brodie Lee character. Word on the internets is he's likely AEW-bound.

AEW signed former Lucha Underground and ROH talent Luchasaurus.

Shane Strickland (aka Killshot), Kushida, and Garza Jr all reported to the WWE Performance Center to have all the fun and originality drilled out of them.

WWE still won't say what Bryan Danielson's injury is. Hopefully it's not another head injury.

Sheamus also has an undisclosed injury.

Smackdown viewership down 21%, Raw down 26% vs the shakeup episode last year.

Cena has been cast for Suicide Squad 2. Part was originally Dave Bautista's but Dave got too busy.

Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima, and Hirooki Goto confirmed for the WOTW tour (Goto will not be on the Buffalo show).

WWE has changed War Raiders' (formerly War Machine) name to The Viking Experience. Gets worse every time.

PCO gets a shot at the ROH World Title at War of the Worlds Toronto. Taven is gonna get nuclear heat facing a Canadian for a World Title in Canada.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Luke Harper has requested his WWE release. Hopefully he reverts to his Brodie Lee character. Word on the internets is he's likely AEW-bound..

I'd accept his 2014 version of Skinner.

But I agree with his stated [and overruled] vision for the Luke Harper character as being backwoods but not "Southern".

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've actually watched Raw and Smackdown the past few weeks. They've mostly just been pointless tag matches by people who I'd really rather see in singles competition. I get that the point of the tag matches is to get more talent on screen, but 6 man tags are usually the Diet Coke of wrestling. I get why the ratings are going down, there's little point in watching it.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
They've mostly just been pointless tag matches by people who I'd really rather see in singles competition. I get that the point of the tag matches is to get more talent on screen, but 6 man tags are usually the Diet Coke of wrestling.

I feel that exact way with almost any multi-person tag match, or with teams that are made of singles competitors. Tag team title match between two teams, ok. 8 man tag with two tag teams and 4 singles competitors, nah.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Guerillas of Destiny, Sanada, Evil, Hikuleo, and the NJPW US Dojo students Clark Connors, Karl Fredericks and Alex Coughlin have been added to the ROH War of the Worlds tour.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I love me some SANANDA, man. His showing in the ‘Cup this year was solid. Made a nice dance partner for Okada.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
his beard is dumb tho
Agreed.

Yeah, his medium length neck warmer/mullet sucks too. Like, pick one: Mohawk, or grow that shit out. It’s like the back of his head has the same f’d up beard.

His black, rough 5o’clock shadow from the AXS TV NJPW opening credits is where it’s at.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I've actually watched Raw and Smackdown the past few weeks. They've mostly just been pointless tag matches by people who I'd really rather see in singles competition. I get that the point of the tag matches is to get more talent on screen, but 6 man tags are usually the Diet Coke of wrestling. I get why the ratings are going down, there's little point in watching it.

While I agree that the way they do it (put three random guys against Tag team+1) is bad, I think the 6-man tag is the future of tag team wrestling. If you look at the trio's championships in Lucha-underground (or other promotions) it is way more exciting than traditional 2v2 action.

WWE has a good record of making use the freebird formula (1 talker, 1 worker, 1 big man) in it's most successful stables (Shield, New Day). They just need to turn one of the belts into a trios format (i'd suggest the new smackdown show).