offical wwe thread

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Because WWE is poison for the industry at large. They are the shittiest wrestling promotion on TV and I want them to do poorly financially so they finally improve their product.

WWE is just as bad as TNA, except TNA's awfulness has comical value. WWE is just sad and frustrating.

Not gonna argue with that.

My question was more for the point of why you dont want TNA's programming/PPVs on the network. Ideally, I would like it to go somewhere instead of just disappearing into the ether when TNA finally folds.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The WWE has dragged their ass on releasing the libraries they already own. Why would you think they'd handle the TNA library any differently?

Other than WCW, ECW &WCCW, nothing. No AWA, Mid-South, Memphis, etc.

Low video quality is better than no access.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Not gonna argue with that.

My question was more for the point of why you dont want TNA's programming/PPVs on the network. Ideally, I would like it to go somewhere instead of just disappearing into the ether when TNA finally folds.
My first choice would be for Jarrett to get the library. GFW is basically a reboot of TNA anyway and he seems savvy enough to make use of it online.

Or Sinclair (parent of ROH). There are a ton of guys who were big in both TNA and ROH, and ROH does a lot of DVD sales and they have a streaming service on their site. An AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Christopher Daniels, Low Ki, Austin Aries, American Wolves or other compilation featuring their best matches in both companies would be amazing.

I don't want it on the network because I don't have the network, and this would just be one more reason for wrestling fans to support WWE with their money. TNA may be withering and dying now but at one point over 2 million people were watching weekly in the US alone.

Anything that gives Vince more leverage is a bad thing in my opinion. I want WWE to lose money and I want all the indie stars they have been hoarding back in ROH/PWG/NJPW.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
Memphis, etc.

Low video quality is better than no access.

I remember seeing a lot of the Memphis stuff on YT about a year or so ago. It was really interesting seeing guys like Scott Hall and Shawn Michaels before they got big.

My first choice would be for Jarrett to get the library. GFW is basically a reboot of TNA anyway and he seems savvy enough to make use of it online.

Or Sinclair (parent of ROH). There are a ton of guys who were big in both TNA and ROH, and ROH does a lot of DVD sales and they have a streaming service on their site. An AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Christopher Daniels, Low Ki, Austin Aries, American Wolves or other compilation featuring their best matches in both companies would be amazing.

I don't want it on the network because I don't have the network, and this would just be one more reason for wrestling fans to support WWE with their money. TNA may be withering and dying now but at one point over 2 million people were watching weekly in the US alone.

Anything that gives Vince more leverage is a bad thing in my opinion. I want WWE to lose money and I want all the indie stars they have been hoarding back in ROH/PWG/NJPW.

Its a good point - if everyone thought that way it wouldnt even be an issue.

After the Attitude era, I couldnt watch wrestling, ESPECIALLY WWF/E. I figured I was burnt out for life cuz i had watched WHATEVER was put out for pretty much all my life - PPVs, all the shows on different networks (Shotgun, sunday night heat, smackdown, superstars, wrestling challenge, etc.), and all the WCW/ECW stuff.

I started watching again a little while after Triple H "took over." It's all weird and strange to me now. I see guys like the Undertaker and Sting and wonder "why?" Then I remember its all a cash-grab; a one-time payday. They wrestle like shit now; why continue to employ them? their best days are obviously behind them.

I would only get the network when they offered it for free - I would watch it for that month, and be done with the content. the next time, i would see if anything was new. if so, great; if not, theres alway the "exit app" option. its a great deal if you watch the current PPVs, but honestly i think the product is shit now.

I've switched to Puroresu.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Chikara has a free weekly youtube show for the next six weeks starting tonight.

I watch ROH, Lucha Underground, NJPW, Paragon, and TNA weekly simply because they are all on TV and my DVR records them automatically.

I am also ordering AAA Triplemania since they have English commentary this year.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Chikara has a free weekly youtube show for the next six weeks starting tonight.

I watch ROH, Lucha Underground, NJPW, Paragon, and TNA weekly simply because they are all on TV and my DVR records them automatically.

I am also ordering AAA Triplemania since they have English commentary this year.

Went to Chikara on Sunday, Amasis and Eddie Kingston are worth the price of admission alone. The whole roster kicks ass though, love their product!

famicommander

15 Year Member
There are hardly ever any decent wrestling shows in Colorado.

I have never seen PWG, Chikara, ROH, TNA, GFW, etc live. I saw a few WWF and WCW shows when I was a kid but that was it.

ROH is running shows in Vegas every so often now; maybe they'll get up here eventually.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I used to be so invested in pro wrestling I'd never miss an episode of WWF/WWE, WCW, and even TNA. Around 7 or 8 yrs ago I just stopped caring about it. WWE became way too kid friendly for me and TNA started becoming more like the old shitty WCW before they went under.

I can go back and watch old PPVs and shows and still enjoy them. About the only wrestling I watch on occasion now is New Japan Pro Wrestling on AXS TV. That's all old taped stuff from 1+ years ago.

It's sad to hear TNA will probably be going under. It was so good in it's early days. I'll never forget ordering Turning Point PPV in 2004 and watching this:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ultima Lucha begins in about five minutes. I'm hyped.

Then TNA, then ROH.

I'll have to watch the debut of Journey into Chikara after ROH. Didn't get home from work in time.

Still, though. Five hours of non-WWE wrestling tonight is awesome.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Only one match in and I'm already having a blast.

If Lucha Underground doesn't get renewed I might cry. And I shall blame Vince Russo and Marty Janetty.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
There are hardly ever any decent wrestling shows in Colorado.

I have never seen PWG, Chikara, ROH, TNA, GFW, etc live. I saw a few WWF and WCW shows when I was a kid but that was it.

ROH is running shows in Vegas every so often now; maybe they'll get up here eventually.

PWG and ROH live are a experience unto themselves

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
PWG and ROH live are a experience unto themselves

That's what the ECW Detroit taping in 97 or 98 was, a one of a kind show.

The same group of guys went to WWF/WCW shows. When we get together it's the ECW show we reminisce about.

famicommander

15 Year Member
How good is Lucha Underground?

So good that I enjoyed watching Hernandez without Homicide to carry him.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Quality episode of ROH too.

Impact was mostly bleh but I did like seeing Jarrett go into their HOF.

About to get to Chikara.

famicommander

15 Year Member
WWE tried to book Limp Bizkit for Wrestlemania 32... and they got turned down.

Vince McMahon thought Limp Bizkit would be a good idea... in 2016... at a wrestling show. Those guys sucked ass in the 90s, and I'm sure they had to scour the trailer parks only for Fred Durst to say, "No thanks, I don't want to buy meth bad enough to sink to your level"

The prosecution rests.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Still, it's right up their alley.

This is the same company that hired Jerry Springer and Johnny Knoxville to produce "new" network programming.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
Still, it's right up their alley.

This is the same company that hired Jerry Springer and Johnny Knoxville to produce "new" network programming.

lol I saw previews for this when I was was watching WM... Seemed like garbage.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
It's been announced from TMZ that Roddy Piper has died of natural causes. :(

All of our childhood heroes are dying off, ya'll.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
'Rowdy' Roddy Piper dead at 61

Wrestling superstar "Rowdy" Roddy Piper has died at age 61. Multiple reports indicate that Piper died in his sleep from a heart attack.

"Rod passed peacefully in his sleep last night," Piper's agent Jay Schacter told Variety. “I am shocked and beyond devastated.”

Upon learning of his death, WWE chairman Vince McMahon tweeted that Piper was "one of the most entertaining, controversial and bombastic performers ever in WWE beloved by millions of fans around the world."

Piper, whose real name was Roddy Toombs, is a member of the WWE Hall of Fame, and was one of the core members of the '80s-era WWE (then known as the WWF). Born in Saskatchewan, Canada, Piper competed in the very first Wrestlemania, working a faux-Scottish angle in a tag-team match (along with Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff) against Hulk Hogan and Mr. T, and quickly became one of the sport's most hated villains.

Piper's rivalries with Hogan, Jimmy Snuka and even Cyndi Lauper set the tone for the WWF, helping the wrestling organization achieve the nationwide prominence that it enjoys to this day.

Piper's key gimmick was "Piper's Pit," a mock talk show in which Piper would sit down with fellow wrestlers to talk out the issues of the day. Naturally, the talk lasted less than a minute before the fists flew.

Piper later became an actor, with over 100 credits to his name, according to IMDB, including the 1988 cult classic "They Live."

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Things were always interesting with Piper around. I'm really going too miss him.

I would have liked to see him in a buddy film with Duggan. In Legends House, they showed tremendous chemistry with one another.

Fuck.......................................