offical wwe thread

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
While I agree that the way they do it (put three random guys against Tag team+1) is bad, I think the 6-man tag is the future of tag team wrestling. If you look at the trio's championships in Lucha-underground (or other promotions) it is way more exciting than traditional 2v2 action.

WWE has a good record of making use the freebird formula (1 talker, 1 worker, 1 big man) in it's most successful stables (Shield, New Day). They just need to turn one of the belts into a trios format (i'd suggest the new smackdown show).

The biggest arguments towards six-man tags are having more people in the show, and spreading the match load over more people so as to put "less mileage" on everyone.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The biggest arguments towards six-man tags are having more people in the show, and spreading the match load over more people so as to put "less mileage" on everyone.

I understand that from a format perspective.

I just think that trios matches are hella awesome. But any proper 3-man posse (either in a 6 man, or in a freebird situation) will have one guy doing the lion's share of the work.

In the SMW Gangstas, it was D'Lo Brown
In the Shield, it is Seth Rollins.
In the Freebirds, it was Buddy Roberts.
In the New day, it is Kofi Kingston.
In Ivalez/Son of Havoc/Angelico, it was Havoc (with Angelico substituting big spots for big man stuff)
In the Outsiders (NWO), it was ?????????

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Enzo and Cass are not currently booked for any other ROH shows and they didn't show up at Masters of the Craft or the TV tapings this weekend.

Hopefully this means ROH just pulled the plug on that whole stupid thing.

Thankfully they didn't actually sign them.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hogan, obviously. Then it was Buff Bagwell or Vergil.

I really haven't seen much OUtsiders stuff.

I'm guessing that at that point, Hogan would have been the talker, Nash would have been the big man and Hall would have been the worker. But IIRC, most of those matches were schmozfests.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I really haven't seen much OUtsiders stuff.

I'm guessing that at that point, Hogan would have been the talker, Nash would have been the big man and Hall would have been the worker. But IIRC, most of those matches were schmozfests.
Yeah that's about right IIRC. Hall was still a good worker at that point but I don't remember WCW ever really booking any of the three in "good" matches. I honestly can't think of any good NWO matches, i.e. remembered similarly to Shawn/Bret, Austin/Bret, Razon/Shawn, Rock/Stone Cold, etc.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Has anybody checked the ticket prices for All Elite Wrestling - "FIGHT For The Fallen"? I haven't seen WWE ticket prices in those ranges besides Mania!

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Wrasslin' shows never come to Denver.

All we have is a shitty indie booked by Vince Russo and whenever Vince McMahon's travelling shitshow comes to town.

So I have no reason to check ticket prices.

JoeAwesome

Has anybody checked the ticket prices for All Elite Wrestling - "FIGHT For The Fallen"? I haven't seen WWE ticket prices in those ranges besides Mania!

Could it be to offset the fundraising?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Recently moved to the alumni section on Impact's website:
Homicide
Shawn Hernandez
Eddie Kingston
Grado
Kevin Matthews
Bhupinder Singh
Gursinder Singh
Caleb Konley
Eli Drake

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Could it be to offset the fundraising?

I would think so, ringside is $800.00 plus service charges.

Wrasslin' shows never come to Denver.

All we have is a shitty indie booked by Vince Russo and whenever Vince McMahon's travelling shitshow comes to town.

So I have no reason to check ticket prices.

Honestly sorry to here that, the Crockett Cup is Saturday Night.

Homicide
Shawn Hernandez
Eddie Kingston
Grado
Kevin Matthews
Bhupinder Singh
Gursinder Singh
Caleb Konley
Eli Drake

And people are saying that ROH is going down!

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

Homicide
Shawn Hernandez
Eddie Kingston
Grado
Kevin Matthews
Bhupinder Singh
Gursinder Singh
Caleb Konley
Eli Drake

None of those are shocking as most have been off air for a while. The one that does shock me a little is Eli Drake. Didn't he re-sign fairly recently?

famicommander

15 Year Member
None of those are shocking as most have been off air for a while. The one that does shock me a little is Eli Drake. Didn't he re-sign fairly recently?
They wanted him to lose to Tessa Blanchard.

He said he would IF Impact were going to make intergender wrestling a regular thing. They said no, they just wanted him to put her over the one time. So he refused and they fired him for breach of contract.

JoeAwesome

They wanted him to lose to Tessa Blanchard.

He said he would IF Impact were going to make intergender wrestling a regular thing. They said no, they just wanted him to put her over the one time. So he refused and they fired him for breach of contract.

I mean, you have to think of their precious, consistent TV deal.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Shitty part is since they fired him for breach of contract, right now they are still preventing him from being able to sign with ROH, WWE, AEW, or anyone else.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Remember the promo vid for Steen Generico ladder war? That shit gave me goosebumps. Was so well produced. Sold a ticket to a *civilian* off of it (my work mate at the time hadn’t watched wrasslin’ since WCW folded, and was like: “I’ll go see that with you!”).

Here is another great hype vid.

It totally just convinced me to buy a ticket. Dig it!

https://youtu.be/aCLnNAt8kxQ

famicommander

15 Year Member
CM Punk showed up at an indie show organized by ROH's Silas Young this weekend. He wrestled in a mask.

famicommander

15 Year Member
WWE changed War Machine's name again.

War Machine -> War Raiders -> The Viking Experience -> The Viking Raiders -> The Viking Warriors

Also changed their individual names
Ray Rowe (his actual name and the name he used in ROH/NJPW/indies) -> Erik
Todd Hanson (or just Hanson), his name in ROH/NJPW/indies, -> Ivar

These guys won tag titles in NXT, ROH, and NJPW as Hanson and Rowe. Why can't WWE just leave shit alone?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Wasn't that a taped show that they just said F'it?

Edit NXT played the War Raiders intro.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
War Machine -> War Raiders -> The Viking Experience -> The Viking Raiders -> The Viking Warriors

I don't know if it was a rib or not, but I was reading on the dirt sheets that at one point they were gong to rename them "The Berserkers". Though I want to believe that it was a joke, I can't put it past Senile Megalomaniac McMahon to dig up an idea that didn't work in the 90's and try to shoehorn it on billion dollar TV show today.

What's next?

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I happened to catch this on Raw (my TV flips over tot RAW as my GF has the DVR to tape two shows at once).

The potential is there: