Neo Geo games you never bothered playing...

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
... and probably never will.

-Ghost Pilots
-Legend of Success Joe
-Any Majong Game
-Ninja Combat
-League Bowling
-Any Soccer (football) game
-Power Spikes
- Irritating Maze
-Blues Journey

Off the top of my head...

Last edited:

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Riding Hero, League Bowling. Money Puzzle Exchanger/Magical Drop doesn't look interesting to me so I haven't touched those. Joy Joy Kid, although that looks fun enough, should play it.

Also never bothered playing most of the Neo's lesser talked about fighting games. Not that I think they're bad, but I just never got around to them:

Fight Fever
Ragnagard
Savage Reign
Kizuna Encounter
Ninja Masters
Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Great topic. I considered starting a thread on this topic before so I’ve given it some thought. SNK in general I’ve never played:

Neo Geo Heroes Ultimate Shooting
Metal Slug 3D
Cool Cool Jam/Toon
Any mahjong or quiz game on Neo
Melon Chan
Delta Warp
Athena PlayStation
Kouldelka
Samurai Shodown RPG
Evolution Pocket

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Neo Turf Masters
Top Players Golf
3 Count Bout
Joy Joy Kid
Neo Mr. Do!
Super Spy

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I don’t know why this is in News...

...but you guys are crazy. Neo Turf Masters is a top level Neo game, as are the Super Sidekicks series and I love League Bowling and The Super Spy.

Cool Cool Jam is almost totally unentertaining though. Graphics aside it may be the worst rhythm game I’ve ever played. I should sell it to some idiot for $1000.

Last edited:

Rasubosu

Crazed MVS Addict
Mahjong games because I don't know how to play mahjong
Chibi Maruko because my japanese isn't that great
I don't care for soccer games, probably won't play the one of many soccer/futbol games
Irritating Maze because I don't have a unibios set up

I'll give all the other games at least a credit's worth of play. Even Quiz King and Daisousa I'll try if I can get the Korean translated versions.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
When I eventually learned Riichi Mahjong an entire world of ¥50 games opened up to me. It’s as much of a deal as learning Japanese to play RPGs. Richi Mahjong rules, it’s like four dimensional poker.

I’ve never played any of the Neo ones though because they aren’t ¥50 and they don’t look any better than the ones on PC Engine or Saturn which are.

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I don’t know why this is in News...

...but you guys are crazy. Neo Turf Masters is a top level Neo game, as are the Super Sidekicks series and I love League Bowling and The Super Spy.

Cool Cool Jam is almost totally unentertaining though. Graphics aside it may be the worst rhythm game I’ve ever played. I should sell it to some idiot for $1000.

I just never had a desire to play golf or most sports games in general. Why play NTM when I could play a top tier fighting game or puzzle game instead? It’s not like it’s the “NBA Jam” of golf or am I missing something?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
... and probably never will.

-Ninja Combat

Off the top of my head...

Ninja Combat is one of my most favorite Neo Geo games. It's one of the better beat em ups on the system. I'd rank it far higher than King of the Monsters 2.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I just never had a desire to play golf or most sports games in general. Why play NTM when I could play a top tier fighting game or puzzle game instead? It’s not like it’s the “NBA Jam” of golf or am I missing something?

I agree...except that new Neo games don’t come out anymore and since the end of support I’ve looked at every game a lot more closely and occasionally found them rewarding.

It’s not the NBA Jam of Golf...but it sort of is. It’s simple and fun like NBA Jam and even better it has no real world douchebags in it to damp the mood. It’s more like the Baseball Stars Professional 2 of golf.

If you don’t know Super Baseball 2020 you are screwing yourself. That thing is a blast two player. In general I avoid sports games but this kind of thing is different. Nintendo Golf, NBA Jam, Baseball Stars, Super Baseball 2020, and Super Sidekicks lack the “EA Sports” factor that so often makes sports games totally un-fun.

I can’t say the same thing about Street Slam though, which isn’t that great, or Football Frenzy because football is a crap game and all football games suck due to being based on the same crap game.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member

I honestly consider it one of the best games on the system. It shines when playing for 1 credit clears, and in versus mode. If you're just credit feeding through it it's not particularly interesting. But it's got an unbelievable amount of depth to it, on top of being visually and aurally one of the standouts of the era.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
10 years ago, the first dozen responses all would have been about pointing out this is neither news nor a rumor. We've gone downhill.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
back when I still owned the thing...

Fighter's History Dynamite
Ghost Pilots
Blues Journey
3 Count Bout
Football Frenzy

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Heaps and I don’t think I’m missing much.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Karnovs Revenge
Super Sidekicks 1,2,3,4
Riding hero
Neo Drift Out
Thrash Rally
All mahjong games
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Vliner
Ghostlop
Bang bang busters
Aso2
3 count bout
Blues Journey
Football Frenzy
Baseball stars 1,2

Probably more...

Also Legend of Success Joe is the best game on the system.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I've played every single commercially released game for the Neo Geo. I've also played Vliner and Jockey Grand Prix, as well as the released protos and homebrew games except for Knights Chance and the NGDev games.

Last edited: