NG Dev Team Done Making Games?

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I haven't been around here in a while but recently picked up an Omega and have been getting back into Neo. Long story short I didn't have the available funds to pick up their games on release. Now that I have the means to acquire some it seems there's no reprints or new releases on the horizons. Anyone have any insight as to future reprints or releases?

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I doubt we'll see any reprints of older games as most of their games have had a couple prints already. As they still haven't finished producing their AES copies of Kraut Buster, who knows when they'll release any information on a new game or even a timeline for a new game. Safe bet it will be some sort of shooter. :)

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
They said they were making a new shooter not long after Kraut Buster was released but who knows what will happen

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
They must not have a very large crew of workers to pump these out at a faster rate. I mean, waiting on a NG Dev Team game is about as exciting as watching paint dry at this point.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
One does not “pump out” Neo Geo games.

No, of course not. Not with the type of quality control required. However, I would think that a significant uptake in production line workers, would help increase the speed of how these games are being manufactured. It's understandable for these NG Dev team games to come out so slow when you have a minimal amount of people working on them. It's just common sense, x amount of workers can generate only x amount of product in a given time period.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Should just let the Neo die already seeing as none of their games even came close to SNKP's offerings never mind SNK for that matter.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Should just let the Neo die already seeing as none of their games even came close to SNKP's offerings never mind SNK for that matter.

but how else are you going to extract money from simps?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
No, of course not. Not with the type of quality control required. However, I would think that a significant uptake in production line workers, would help increase the speed of how these games are being manufactured. It's understandable for these NG Dev team games to come out so slow when you have a minimal amount of people working on them. It's just common sense, x amount of workers can generate only x amount of product in a given time period.

Who cares? Does anyone play these Euro as hell things? I think they just get bought to resell. The champs who do that kind of thing can wait a year or five.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Who cares? Does anyone play these Euro as hell things? I think they just get bought to resell. The champs who do that kind of thing can wait a year or five.

Think?!?
NG:Dev threads reminds me of that one spanish user complaining that his Metal Slug artbook was sealed with the book spine backwards in respect to the sleeve. The solution was simple: complain to the publisher, of course, instead of removing the wrap and positioning the book correctly yourself. Not that there's no legitimate Neo fan that buys those to actually play, but that's the usual NG:Dev supporter in my mind.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Still waiting on the Ikari type game they were talking about a very long time ago.