Unibios 4.0 problems in some games?

Jonap

Mega Shock!!
Well i edited post because i found the specific problem, unibios It has nothing to do with it, the problem its with stock bios too.

The problem is on a MV1FZ board, games works fine witout graphic glitches, i test a lot of games 100 to 700meg and fine.
Problem appears on Service mode of the board:

xWEsNre.png

2PpTD2r.png

jgQrXNR.png

EFxGZGa.png

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Both of those sound like your board just isn’t properly displaying the FIX layer. The “Neogeo” on boot is drawn by the CROM data but everything else is FIX aka S1 iirc.

Jonap

Mega Shock!!
Both of those sound like your board just isn’t properly displaying the FIX layer. The “Neogeo” on boot is drawn by the CROM data but everything else is FIX aka S1 iirc.

That only happen with unibios and specific games.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If it only happens on some games then it’s either the games themselves or a dirty cart or dirty slot.

Jonap

Mega Shock!!
If it only happens on some games then it’s either the games themselves or a dirty cart or dirty slot.

Well I have been able to do detailed tests, indeed the problems are only present in one MV1FZ i have, but it is curious the games work perfectly without sound or graphics errors, but when I enter the service mvs and i go to setting up the game's soft dip the configuration letters ( only there) are glitched, also some specific games (kof 2003) do not allow me to see the service mvs mode (black screen) and the boot screen of unibios is partially displayed.

all of those games works perfect in other boards and no have these problems, what can happen?.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
What happens when you swap the standard BIOS back into the glitchy board/cart combo? Do the problems go away?

Jonap

Mega Shock!!
What happens when you swap the standard BIOS back into the glitchy board/cart combo? Do the problems go away?

The problem is the same, unibios is not the problem , i show the specific problem editing the first post.
I expect some one can help with it, thanks!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If it's just in the service menu, check the SFIX rom.

Jonap

Mega Shock!!
If it's just in the service menu, check the SFIX rom.

Thanks for youre help, if chip is dead how i can solve it?
Where i can found this specific data to bur in memory chip and what eprom model i need?