Capcom VS SNK 3 was to be a 3D Fighter and PS2 Exclusive

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

Cancelled due to all of the turmoil going on at SNK

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Capcom Vs. SNK Best fighting game? Not even close. One of the better cross over games maybe.

Thank God this thing was canceled.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Capcom Vs. SNK Best fighting game? Not even close. One of the better cross over games maybe.

Thank God this thing was canceled.

I believe Cvs2 is the best fighting game ever made. Probably will never think any different. Can't think of anything I dislike about it or don't love about it.

Last edited:

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I believe Cvs2 is the best fighting game ever made. Probably will never think any different. Can't think of anything I dislike about it or don't love about it.

I agree, thankfully older fighting games like Alpha2, MvC2 and Third Strike are being rediscovered and new small online tourneys are being held from time to time.

I really enjoy CvS2 as well, compared to something like MvC2 at least we don't see Cable in every damn team.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have to agree on MvC2. I love the Samurai Shodown series, but MvC2 has an impressive list of characters with different fighting styles.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

It was just my opinion. I think the best fighting games I ever played are SFIIT, Super Turbo, and Alpha 2. I wouldn't put Capcom Vs Snk 2 in my top 20 list. Just saying.

I also prefer Capcom Vs Snk over Capcom Vs. SNK 2.

If we are just talking cross over games that's a different story.

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I loved 1 and 2. Favorite fighter? No, but I'd never complain if either of these 2 were the game available. I think the most fun I've had on a fighting game was sf2za, but that's mainly for the 2 on 1 mode....even if it's only 4 bosses. So much fun.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Cvs2 was and still is an awesome game, despite snk chars being mostly useless.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
CvS2 is awesome. I had lots of late nights on that game, and it's how I got back into fighting games. CvS1 is awesome, too.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
My mind is racing trying to imagine what CvS3 would look and play like. Most likely would of been the worst in the series considering the jump to 3D but I'm guessing it would of been a Maximum Impact with Street Fighter Characters thrown in.

And CvS2 is probably the fighter I play most these days and would rank it pretty high. I think Joe Higashi of CvS2 is my favourite version of the character.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
3D fighter? Yeah nah thanks for skipping that one guys. Anyway CvS2 is a great fighter and sure it feels a bit mashed together but I've easily played more of it than any other fighter. A real pity the effort put into the backgrounds in 1 didn't shine through as much in 2 but I really liked that roof stage with London being second.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I have to agree on MvC2. I love the Samurai Shodown series, but MvC2 has an impressive list of characters with different fighting styles.

too bad most people just pick strom sentinel magneto

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
3D fighter? Yeah nah thanks for skipping that one guys. Anyway CvS2 is a great fighter and sure it feels a bit mashed together but I've easily played more of it than any other fighter. A real pity the effort put into the backgrounds in 1 didn't shine through as much in 2 but I really liked that roof stage with London being second.

Although I really enjoy the backgrounds of CvS2, I completely agree that the style of the first game was far superior and is the only reason I actually go back and play the first CvS.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Love that he turns a two sentences out of a interview in an 8 minute video.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Probably for the best since 2.5D fighters were still very raw back then. Would have probably played like clunky mud. That and Capcom had clearly lost the plot when it came to developing fighters until SF4 came along.

Now's as good a time as any to make it happen now though.