Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Major Title 2 VS. Neo Turf Masters

  1. #1
    . Alphabet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    70

    Major Title 2 VS. Neo Turf Masters

    Which one is better for you ?

    Both are very similar and were realized by Irem staff.
    . Major Title 2 is more realistic as you play Golf also when you have to calculate your distance and putting.
    . Neo Turf Masters is much more arcade oriented with less effort on that. The SNK style.
    I discovered them both pretty much in the same time in 1996/97 and they are very fun.

  2. #2
    Galford's Armourer
    beigemore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas

    Posts
    468
    Neo Turf bro

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Official NG Youngun Digmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Lolifoxgirl's basement in the West Korean slums

    Posts
    1,441
    Neo Turf Masters, IMO. I have played both back to back, and once you go with NTM there's no going back to Major Title 2.

  5. #5
    Krauser's Shoe Shiner
    ShaolinAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Canada

    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Digmac View Post
    Neo Turf Masters, IMO. I have played both back to back, and once you go with NTM there's no going back to Major Title 2.
    Or anything for that matter.

  6. #6
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    16,772
    Paging mods: We have an enemy in our camp!

  7. #7
    KoF Grandmaster

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    7,493
    As of now, I only tried Major Title for the SNES. Playing for money was fun, but on the whole the game lacks the precision and comfort I'm used to, while playing NTM. It's still a very good game, though, especially if played against a friend.

  8. #8
    Frenzy Football Player

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pico Rivera, CA.

    Posts
    1,142
    NTM FTW!

  9. #9
    Big Bang Pro Wrestler
    Vectorman0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT - USA

    Posts
    1,034
    As far as I can tell, Neo Turf Masters is superior in every way. That isn't to say that Major Title 2 is bad, because it's very good. NTM is just an improved iteration of the Major Title 2 formula.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
    Major Title 2 is more realistic as you play Golf also when you have to calculate your distance and putting.
    I disagree with this. What do you mean? Are you only talking about how the putt meter gives you power estimates in NTM?

    I hope this wasn't a troll thread.

  10. #10
    Robert Garcia's Butler
    Burning Fight!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North Korea (Brazil)

    Posts
    1,286
    The only usefulness of Major Title is allowing you to kind of, sort of, play Neo Turf Masters on the znezzz. Pretty decent port to that console.
    Play that shit like you just got your motherfucking check and couldn't come pick up the thang-KOF98

  11. #11
    . Alphabet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    I disagree with this. What do you mean? Are you only talking about how the putt meter gives you power estimates in NTM ?
    Technically speaking, as a Golf player you have to calculate your distance (depending of where you are), take the proper club, pay attention to your environment if you want to reach the green with a minimum of shot.

    Major Title 2 reach these points where you have to switch the club more often, slice, give the perfect power gauge, and so on... with what you already have, ready to shot.
    I made much more Eagle or Birdie when I set up my own shot.

    Neo Turf Masters too but has less effort on that. It’s more instinctive so more arcade oriented.

    Both are very good but have, for me, two different approach of Golf.

    Note: you forgot the “Game Over” on your sign.

  12. #12
    Big Bang Pro Wrestler
    Vectorman0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT - USA

    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
    Technically speaking, as a Golf player you have to calculate your distance (depending of where you are)
    I don't see how MTII and NTM are any different in this regard except for the aforementioned point that MTII doesn't give you any benchmark to start from for putting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
    take the proper club, pay attention to your environment if you want to reach the green with a minimum of shot.
    Again, don't see how the two games differ at all. I assume the physics are very similar. (I don't recall exactly since I sold my skins game PCB a long time ago because I found it inferior) Otherwise, the variables you need to account for when calculating a shot are the *exact* same in both games.

    The games even have the same unrealistic drawbacks such as always flat course topology and ball lies.

    Can you name a single thing you need to adjust for in MTII which you don't in NTM? I'm genuinely asking because I can't think of one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
    Note: you forgot the “Game Over” on your sign.
    I photoshopped it out because I think it looks nicer that way.



    For what it's worth, I don't fault you for preferring MTII, but I disagree it offers anything extra or "more realistic" than NTM.
    Last edited by Vectorman0; 01-16-2021 at 04:47 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •