Sun Shine / Block Paradise on eBay

Rasubosu

Crazed MVS Addict
I've bought from this seller before and actually got a really good deal on a cart. Based on his real name that I see under the ebay purchase I'm under the impression that this person used to be on this forum but not anymore, there's an old forum post from 2012 where they went "nuclear" or something like that. Won't list their real name but the forum handle t_smallz has a lot of things that match up so if anyone remembers this guy from back in the day I think it's (probably) them.

Edit: It's most definitely the guy. I'm sure a lot of people will remember the craziness from back then.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
He can be summoned back to the forums by looking into a mirror and saying his name three times.

Seriously though, he's welcome to come back.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
He can be summoned back to the forums by looking into a mirror and saying his name three times.

Seriously though, he's welcome to come back.

I’m sure Tonk wouldn’t feel that way.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Can't believe someone is willing to pay $150k to see the wizard tilt the table but this is neo fucking geo I suppose.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Whoever you are, if your reading this, please share these games! For sure, Warlocks is going to pop up now

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Since he's asking a cool $100k and $150k for each of these, I think it's fair to say this seller has no interest in sharing.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
My message was to the buyer. If I had that kind of cash I'd be sharing the games with you guys.

Pro_Gear

Another,
20 Year Member
Finally there's a source that's appeared that has at least one prototype available. We need to do what we can to take advantage of this chance- I'd be willing to contribute to an organized plan to acquire some of these titles for release to the whole community. Is there anyone here who knows if anything is happening behind the scenes?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
“Good Luck to you and thanks for your interest in what I’m about to unleash on the NEO GEO MVS “Big Tymer” collectors out there. [emoji23]”

Sounds like a pretty good troll here, I’d be surprised if this was anything else.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
eBay NeoGeo proto listings

Once I heard the connection made of this seller being that particular former member here, it served as the final nail in the coffin. We knew him well, and he never had any protos.

And even what little optimistic doubts I still had about his first listing being fake were put to rest by this second listing. The cart shown uses completely incorrect boards and has mask roms as well. Plus the printed text on those mask roms are not formatted correctly and show date codes from around the 40th week of 1991. Those boards are simply from another cart, like football frenzy or something. And he messed up the cart label yet again mixing up the possible NGH number with the independent monolith part number.

(edit: for the record, I have no beef with this guy. Clearly he is getting out of the hobby and selling off his collection, and by all means most of his listings appear to be legit and he has some great stuff for anyone looking to get them. So he’s likely just using these crazy listings to grab some extra attention and more views to all his other listings.)

Here is a detailed description of his first listings cart pic, that at the very least seemed possible at first. Pic attached:

Attachments

• 51F38C99-32D1-46C1-A22D-79ABAF28208A.jpeg
    51F38C99-32D1-46C1-A22D-79ABAF28208A.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Pro_Gear

Another,
20 Year Member
Thanks for this info- I hoped this wouldn't be the case, but that's why we need people to weigh in who understand the finer details.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Thread is ultra bonkers.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Thanks for the info.

OcP4GhW.jpg

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
Let’s assume SuperGun is right, I don’t see any interest to list this kind of stuff with top $$ price then, sold the next day ?
Or maybe it’s the Covid effect, people stuck at home and are boring. :confused:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
What is the TLDR version of this? Former big tymer sells off collection, lists a couple of conversions as protos for publicity and takes them down a couple of days later, or do we think people actually bought this ?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
The TLDR version of what happened here, or simply put, a brief rundown of events, is that a former longtime member of these forums (and longtime video game player/collector) decided to sell off his collection, and has been doing so by listing the items on eBay. While doing so, and perhaps in an effort to help increase views to his listings and thus increase sales of his items, he has put up faux listings (2 so far with possibly more to come) of pretend items with purposely astronomical asking prices (to ensure they are not actually purchased) and then ended them quickly whereas to give the illusion that they sold privately. (which conveniently also serves to make it nearly impossible for anyone to conclusively disprove the listings and the items as genuine)

Now, again, I’ve chosen to write up this summary in the most “respectable” way possible. Reason being I don’t have any differences with this individual, and I wish him no ill will whatsoever. (these are common tactics among many eBay sellers) But, when it comes to this particular subject, I always feel compelled to ensure that the facts are always documented and understood by the community. (in order to keep the record straight on this subject)

Last edited: