Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sun Shine / Block Paradise on eBay

Another

Sun Shine / Block Paradise on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sun-Shine-B...e/154286587642

Only a cool $100k OBO with no pics of operation...

Maybe this is a member here who can add some more information.
    Last edited by Pro_Gear; 01-10-2021 at 05:08 PM.
    Pro_Gear

Robert Garcia's Butler

Won't open cart, additional pics to "serious buyers only", payment "via zelle only". Wow sign me up for two copies.
    Play that shit like you just got your motherfucking check and couldn't come pick up the thang-KOF98

Lolifoxgirl's basement in the West Korean slums

For right now, I’m calling BS. No attempt of showing the boards through the slits on the cart shell, no photos of operation, suspect cartridge label, zelle payment only?? Yeah, no. If someone can dig up more information then I’m open to changing my opinion on it, but this is 100% suspect.

You can’t send $100k through Zelle.
    Over $8k, the bank may ask you where the money come from and other questions suspecting money laundering.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

I suppose if he shows a video of the game running then it is legit... And why would he be afraid of opening the cart? It's obviously not the original shell it came in. Didn't the proto's have clear shells?
    Last edited by kidchameleon1; 01-11-2021 at 03:58 AM.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

100k for that shitty looking game? Please.

Lolifoxgirl's basement in the West Korean slums

So the seller did add one "board" photo of terrible quality, showing off a part of the board that says "PD27C1000AD-20". That doesn't prove anything since that chip was used on normally released MVS games like Burning Fight for example. Who knows if we'll see some concrete proof of this one.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

OK so some people I have contact with on Facebook have dealt with him in the past and had no issue. He has 100% positive feedback. The Zelle thing is concerning & I cannot send him a message asking for images/video's of the game running. Hopefully its real and leads to us all getting to play it. He's in Columbus, Ohio, US so if he is a serious collector I'd imagine some people on here know who it is (or at least can narrow it down somewhat)

Jeff Kurtz used to live in Ohio and may remember other NeoGeo collectors from that area. I think Tonk is also from that area. I reached out to the seller with some questions and for more information, I’ll let you know what, if anything, comes of it. So far, I see ZERO proof of anything in what he has provided. (Picture wise). But, we have to at least see what the deal is here. You never know, stranger things have happened. It’s always worth pursuing.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Cheers Supergun, lets hope this is it! It seems to be a golden era of lost content being found, not only on the Neo Geo..

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Block Paradise:

"Sunlight":

Thank you for those translations. And that part is at least somewhat consistent. But the “8” on the NGM-008 clearly looks like it was a 9 changed to an 8. And Sun Shine was nowhere near 46 megs. It was most likely 18 or 22 megs. Not to mention that NGH-009, (ninja combat) was 46 megs. And of course clearly the sticker is a very low quality print out.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

It says "Out of stock" on ebay. Did someone buy it? Supergun makes some good points about the label, but for now I will keep hope that it's real, and just a makeshift proto label. And that this makes it into the hands of someone who can make the game public.
    Last edited by Neo Alec; 01-11-2021 at 10:16 AM.
    https://basementbrothers.net/

NEST Puppet

Is the "security sticker" on the side common? What does it say? None of my carts have one, just the big ass SNK serial ones or the little date stamped one that's similar to the one on that cart.

Considering that the ROM has basically been confirmed to have been dumped somewhere, there's no chance I'd ever spend this much on that cart even if I had fuck-you money. Someone with the rom could have easily repro'd it, especially if you're looking for 100k. Could you even authenticate it? Any shitty label, bodged wires or EEPROMs can be hand-waived away as a "development" cart or prototype or whatever. Also makes no sense that they'd not show the game running at all, that's baffling.

Robert Garcia's Butler

icon28.gif

Noob opinions redacted... but I have to say that I'll only believe in the listing with a picture of said game.
    Last edited by Burning Fight!!; 01-11-2021 at 11:11 AM.
    Play that shit like you just got your motherfucking check and couldn't come pick up the thang-KOF98

It's not like this community has ever fallen for unreleased scams before.....right?

[/sarcasm]
    Steam: SnethSS ; XB:Sneth ; PSN:Sneth

Another

I asked the seller for pictures of gameplay and more information as well and the only interesting bit that was provided was that the game came into their possession back in 1995. The side view of that chip was added to the auction as well but it really didn't add any valuable info. They apparently wanted to keep a tight lid on all info unless you came with the $$$ offer.
    Pro_Gear

Bashful Neophyte

Isn't 100k pretty astronomical even for the Neo Geo collection scene? What's the most paid for a single cartridge? I thought it was in the range of 30-50k.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmegbln View Post
    Is the "security sticker" on the side common? What does it say? None of my carts have one, just the big ass SNK serial ones or the little date stamped one that's similar to the one on that cart.
    I don't believe it's common, and I can't make it out due to the resolution of the photo.
    https://basementbrothers.net/

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!

It looks to me that the label isn't original and seems to be some sort of inkjet print job. The two SNK MVS protos I have look to be made on a copier and the paper is really soft. Both of mine are 1990, and you can see the wear on these compared to the auction. Would be helpful to see how the eproms are labeled, even if a photo was taken through the cart vents.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

The label must be off Ninja Combat. That was NGH009 wasnt it? As Supergun said, the 9 looks to be scribbled into an 8 and Ninja C is 46 megs too. Maybe its a converted Ninja Combat cart with the Japanese text just stuck onto the label, made from the rom dump we have all seen screens of...

Fio's Quartermaster

Already gone to a big tymer. Maybe the saudi prince?

I think a sticker with NGF Signature Series here would be easier to read: black background and white type.

SHOCKbox Developer
    Is this about Ninja Gaiden 2?
    BB
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

bigbearatdreamamusement.net replace "at" with an "@"

I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    http://www.dreamamusement.net/photos/sth.gif is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

Chrisr appearance and a super shady $100k prototype.

Sounds about Neo-Geo.com.

Thread Information