What was the last Neo game you played in 2020?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
The thread title says it all, 2020 is out and a new year is here, so how did you cap off 2020 in terms of the Neo?

Surprisingly, the last Neo game I played was Breakers. I’m not into fighters all that much but I’m pleasantly surprised with how approachable Breakers is. Even with my n00b skills I could make it halfway through the game, but the 5th stage whoops me quick on level 4. After playing the cartridge version and CD version back to back, I don’t notice any cut frames or downgrades on CD, so this will be one I’ll look into getting at some point.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
The last game I played was the first Metal Slug. I might start off the new year by playing them all back to back.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I was messing with the neo for a like a few minutes. Art of Fighting is my goto.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Probably NTM in early November. Then I just got busy af.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Last game I played was Karnov's Revenge actually. Never gave it much thought before on my banana cart but after watching this year's Karnovember tourney I've been playing it on and off, and I actually quite like it. In general I was playing more fighters single player in 2020, just trying to 1CC them. I dont think I'll ever be one of those weirdos that plays fighters for score though haha

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Last one was Cyber-Lip using the NeoSD. I think it's actually a very good game, just not a $200 - $300 game like it often goes for on AES and sometimes even MVS. Yeah, it's not a Metal Slug, but it stacks up very well against other run and gun type games of its day, much like Top Player's Golf.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I was playing Art of Fighting 2 for a short while last evening. One day, I will learn how to play this game properly but for now, I just try and hold out to marvel at the graphics.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I played a little Beast Busters on new years eve if that counts.
Otherwise it was Slug 3 few weeks ago.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
I was playing both Last resort and kof 98 back and forth. Playing one game and then switching the cart when I'd get tired of one. I was trying to attempt 1cc Last Resort again but when frustration hit I'd play kof98 as it was great game to calm my nerves and after a few playthroughs I'd go back and try again. I did this most of those nights after Christmas.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I made sure I played a round of KOF98 before the year ended

Nice choice.

I did a fantastic run on FFS and even broke my record with Joe Higashi (lv8). Still missed 3 perfects on the bosses. That could have sent me to over 2million points. Will try again in 2021. :buttrock:

Happy new year

-Atro

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Last game I played 2020 was The King of Fighters '98 on my AES. It was also the last game I bought for the AES.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Shock Troopers
Still a ton of game in one package, two modes, branching paths, and a touch of story straight out of an 80s action flick.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I played through King of Fighters 2001 a few weeks ago. Despite the games ugly character designs, its kinda fun and its refreshing to see backgrounds I'm not overly familiar with.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury First Contact on the Switch if that counts, I purchased it a couple of weeks ago.

Otherwise Neo Driftout on mvs a bit back

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The arcades closed in January last year and I just never went back. So I never played Neo last year. Wow

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Id say Shocktroopers and Sam Sho V Perfect on the cab

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Windjammers.

My girlfriend had always been interested in the Neo Geo as she has been gaming and was stoked when she found out I was avid collector for it. So we played some magical drop 3 and then windjammers.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Last Resort. I've been putting in some 2-3 hour sessions on the cab (I'm not that good at it).

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Last Resort. I've been putting in some 2-3 hour sessions on the cab (I'm not that good at it).

Prepping for that new video, huh? :lolz: I’m looking forward to watching it when it’s done.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I was trying out NeoTRIS (indy/homebrew)

then i discovered I hadn't played through Metal Slug 4 because I noticed there was a stage out in the ocean on a ship with containers and shit. So, I plan on playing through that next.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Uh oh... technically I played Fire Suplex on the CD as the last 2020 game and I didn't even realize it. Fuck you Red Dragon.