Neo Geo Pocket Melted Screen

tekkaman1

n00b
Hello everyone,

Here´s my problem. A few days ago I wanted to play with my Neo Geo Pocket Color. But then I notice the screen looked like if there was water on it. I opened it up and I found out that there´s no water is just that the screen sort of melted. I don´t know how it happened as it was kept safely in the official carrying case. Is it common for these types of screens to go bad like this after the years ? I never left it with batteries on so it´s not acid. The unit powers on and it works. But it has a big melty circle in the middle. Any ideas ?

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Never heard of that before... You looking for a replacement screen? There's a new screen on aliexpress that's supposed to be compatible with the Pocket, albeit with not 100% accurate dimensions.

tekkaman1

n00b
I'm going to try to take a picture of it so you guys can see. It's so weird. I can't replace the screen if it requires soldering. I don't know of anyone locally who can do it.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Sounds like the front polarizer is burned. It's a simple enough job, but you need to do some disassembly to get at the screen.