Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paprium for real 2020, got my conformation email for delivery!?

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    Haha, lots of ripped graphics from Knights of the Round, and the final boss is more or less Zankuro from Samurai Shodown. But it plays pretty well for a MD game, has okay music and 2-players.

I'm just saying... $130 for Paprium. Or $35 for Water Margin.
    Water margin plays stiff as all hell. And the moves you can do are so limited. I haven't played paprium but from the videos I have seen it looks to kick water margins ass. I like water margin but its a bootleg.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinAce View Post
    Water margin plays stiff as all hell. And the moves you can do are so limited. I haven't played paprium but from the videos I have seen it looks to kick water margins ass. I like water margin but its a bootleg.
    Yep, I would expect Paprium to play a lot better.
    https://basementbrothers.net/

Guerilla Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    Fight N Rage is pretty damn good by the way.
    Glad to hear It looked awesome in the videos and I love a 2D brawler so had to have it. Brought that and Mercenary Kings in the sale.

Also if anyone is interested I highly recommend River City Girls on PS4/Switch etc.
    Has a great sound track and really fun gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ZyztIMKDs
    Last edited by titchgamer; 01-03-2021 at 04:48 PM.

J. Max's Chauffeur
    In the Ikari Attack Helicopter over the Philadelphia Seaside with Johnny Maximum, Robert Garcia, Mr. Krabs, a drunk Majors Clark Still, and a Mean Guile to defeat evil, then eat cheesesteaks and water ice afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post

I'm just saying... $130 for Paprium. Or $35 for Water Margin.
    Or $3.50 for Water Margin on Steam. I just got that and Jim Power for $5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Speaking of that, the most bizzare thing that happened at that TMG (http://www.toomanygames.com/) was Ed Flemming getting his truck front bumper stuck to a pole and ripping it clean off!! Goes to show, you shouldn't drink and drive.
    Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Yeah, but how do I get to the SNES games?
    Get the all the accessories!

Old Man

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post

I'm glad you called it how it is and aren't just saying all positive things in the name of eye candy and nostalgia. In 2020-21 I have to set the bar high. Sor2 is the beat'em up to compare to. If you can't make something that comes close than I can't justify spending that much money on a game.
    Well, I hope that's what I'm doing... from the initial hype of what WM promised, I have to say i'm a little disappointed, I thought it would at least be pushing SoR2, but it doesn't.

Someone here described Paprium as "amazing"... I think that's a generous description to say the least in my opinion.

Are the graphics amazing? Arguably, for a Mega Drive game, yes.

Is the sound amazing? It's pretty damn good.

Is the gameplay amazing? No. Absolutley not. It's average... it could have been, but would need a shit load more beta testing as I've already mentioned.

Paprium - Warm. Shelf Warm. Or go home.
    Last edited by Tarma; 01-04-2021 at 10:39 AM.
    Bonuskun - "Please young man. You telling me to shut up on an internet forum is about going to have the same effect of trying to tell Tarma that Metal Slug 4 was the best Neo Game ever.

Not going to happen."

Argentina'94 - "Gotta admit, that was the best coffee and cigarette I ever enjoyed with someone who wasn't in front of me. We MUST do this again!"

Peanutbutterjammatime

Quote Originally Posted by Tarma View Post
    Well, I hope that's what I'm doing... from the initial hype of what WM promised, I have to say i'm a little disappointed, I thought it would at least be pushing SoR2, but it doesn't.

Someone here described Paprium as "amazing"... I think that's a generous description to say the least in my opinion.

Are the graphics amazing? Arguably, for a Mega Drive game, yes.

Is the sound amazing? It's pretty damn good.

Is the gameplay amazing? No. Absolutley not. It's average... it could have been, but would need a shit load more beta testing as I've already mentioned.

Paprium - Warm. Shelf Warm. Or go home.
    What's odd is that SoR4 doesnt even connect as well as SoR2. I will add that Paprium has far more content than SoR2, and possibly more than SoR4.
    I was done with SoR4 after a 2 complete passes. Paprium has me intrigued on what I'll find next. Your hits do feel a little pillowy and soft. That would be my main complaint.
    Steam: SnethSS ; XB:Sneth ; PSN:Sneth

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Yes watermelon emailed me back and fixed my order. Got a copy shipping to me in 10-15 business days or so it says. Atleast my money in 2017 went to something.

Instead of Bump we want Dump.

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

weird email from WM, looks like they are trying to sell the company?

https://www.paprium.com/press/data/P...EN_02_2021.pdf

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post

Locustery? I kinda want this game but Iím not sure if I should chance giving these weirdos any more of my money.

SouthTown StreetSweeper

Thanks for sharing that PDF. It was an interesting read.

I guess that means you don't have your Paprium yet and this is WM telling you you're going to have to wait a bit longer?

I got my Paprium last week and it is a good game. For the most part the hit detection is really good... but yes, there are times when I felt like I should have connected or times when I thought I should have taken a hit. But it doesn't happen so much as to harm the gameplay.

The more I play Paprium the more I like it. It's really fun and a lot of that has to do with how much variety there is in the game.

Before I got mine I heard a lot of people saying the game is too easy. So I started playing on hard and I haven't beaten it yet. But I think I got real close.

Mickey's Coach

They also posted a 2 hour 40 minute interview on youtube. There are probably some more insight into the situation in there, but I ain't watching a video that long. What the fuck is up with WaterMelon.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Well like many here I received the email about this in December, I thought it was a scam at first and had already written off the money I paid for the game back in 2017. Anyway, I updated my shipping info on Dec 15th, I get confirmation that my order was "shipped" on Dec 28th. Since then nothing, I have a tracking number that was last updated on Dec 19th saying information entered into the GLS system but the package was not yet handed over to the courier. I contacted them about two weeks ago since with covid, Xmas, and Brexit here I figured it would take a while to sort out. I get a response saying they are still processing support tickets and then the email about them wanting to sell their IPs. Maybe it will turn up eventually but who knows at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Amy View Post
    They also posted a 2 hour 40 minute interview on youtube. There are probably some more insight into the situation in there, but I ain't watching a video that long. What the fuck is up with WaterMelon.

Don't even have to click on it to know these guys are total douches.

Fio's Quartermaster

That video makes your head explode after 10 minutes. Fonzie needs to be treated asap for mental health issues and with asap I mean NOW!

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

I started the video, but it was as if someone turned "how much ship france?" into a video and I closed the tab.

Quote Originally Posted by TikTekTak View Post
    That video makes your head explode after 10 minutes. Fonzie needs to be treated asap for mental health issues and with asap I mean NOW!

Perfect to be on a script in the wwe and being kicked in the a$$.
    The Le Shit Moustache is on fire...
    Last edited by geladobom; 02-23-2021 at 04:11 PM.

Why hasn't this been moved to "Unrelated" yet.
    Steam: SnethSS ; XB:Sneth ; PSN:Sneth

Crazed MVS Addict

PayPal fuckery again...

http://chng.it/4LHfzY8LyW

Robert Garcia's Butler

I started the video, but it was as if someone turned "how much ship france?" into a video and I closed the tab.
    Play that shit like you just got your motherfucking check and couldn't come pick up the thang-KOF98

赤裸裸的汽車人

Digital fart ownership
    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

Paprium for real 2020, got my conformation email for delivery!?

Quote Originally Posted by nam9 View Post
    PayPal fuckery again...

http://chng.it/4LHfzY8LyW
    Whatís the TLDR version of this? Why is PayPal holding their funds? Customer complaints? Did the taxman come calling?
    Last edited by ChopstickSamurai; 02-24-2021 at 03:38 PM.

SouthTown StreetSweeper

Quote Originally Posted by ChopstickSamurai View Post
    What’s the TLDR version of this? Why is PayPal holding their funds? Customer complaints? Did the taxman come calling?
    I've been watching the Fonzie interview and yes it sounds like people have been complaining to PayPal and again his funds might have been frozen. He says as much without being perfectly explicit.

I don't know how many people are left who still haven't received their Paprium (some for sure) but many people have and it feels like everyone who bought the game will get it eventual.

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSegaDude View Post
    I've been watching the Fonzie interview and yes it sounds like people have been complaining to PayPal and again his funds might have been frozen. He says as much without being perfectly explicit.

I don't know how many people are left who still haven't received their Paprium (some for sure) but many people have and it feels like everyone who bought the game will get it eventual.
    This whole thing has been crazy. They did open up orders again for a bit after they started shipping. Hopefully thatíll work out too.

Medical Marijuana.
    Pfffttt......
    Dumbass 'murikanz.

Wouldn't mind if paypal made them wait for 8 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    Could somebody in Belgium walk over to the fence and yell at Ratson to come back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

Thread Information