Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37

Thread: How do you feel about FFS and SS2 holding steady as the least expensive AES games?

  1. #26
    Camel Slug
    itsofrustratin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ottawa

    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
    Even the cheap & common games like FF2, FFS, SS, SS2, AOF2 are more expensive than they used to be ten years ago. On Ebay, the price for a bare cart is what they used to go for with the box & manual.
    Shooters are expensive, even if they're common & less popular titles.
    Fucking Ghost pilots has gone nuts price wise. I see that game selling close to 400usd now
    The Offensive Orgy Mode!!!

  2. #27
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    16,795
    Quote Originally Posted by itsofrustratin View Post
    Fucking Ghost pilots has gone nuts price wise. I see that game selling close to 400usd now
    I mean I know it was an early title but the game is boring as fuck.

  3. #28
    Super Sidekicks 2

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Leeds, UK

    Posts
    106
    I think both just got a lot of copies - both sequels in one form or another and probably both at peak interest in the system and fighting games - early or later games probably just had lower print runs/distribution because either they weren't confident about 1st in series or one off game (metal slug aes for example) or were just later in the consoles lifespan where it may have been doing even less in retail/rental than it had been (also metal slug aes for example).
    Last edited by gray117; 01-26-2021 at 01:56 PM.

  4. #29
    Armored Scrum Object
    MetalSlugVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Arizona

    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by itsofrustratin View Post
    Fucking Ghost pilots has gone nuts price wise. I see that game selling close to 400usd now
    Yeah I saw it for sale a bunch of times for like 230ish like 18 months ago and always said I’ll grab it later.. Now I’ve missed the boat and don’t think I’ll ever get it. I would rather spend 400 on Dreamcast import shoot em ups these days..

  5. #30
    Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
    Niko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky

    Posts
    1,619
    While FFS and SS2 are both quality games, I think they're far from the "most enjoyable" in their respective series and thats why they remain cheap today. Personally I'd much rather play SamShoIV over SamShoII or one of the Real Bout entries over FFS anyday.

  6. #31
    Armored Scrum Object
    ShaolinAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Canada

    Posts
    262
    I just got art of fighting 2 for 40 bucks on the dollar. A Good game in its own right. Looking to get World heroes 2 next for about the same price because, why not?

  7. #32
    . flat6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    California, USA

    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    While FFS and SS2 are both quality games, I think they're far from the "most enjoyable" in their respective series and thats why they remain cheap today. Personally I'd much rather play SamShoIV over SamShoII or one of the Real Bout entries over FFS anyday.
    Personal preferences are subjective, and there's no shortage of people calling SS2 the best SamSho game.

    When it comes to retro game collecting, how good a game is often has no relevance to its market price. It's simply supply and demand.

  8. #33
    Belnar Institute Student
    heihachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    600
    I was going to say Nam 1975 is another great <$100 title but I see it goes for double that now. I think it’s great FFS and SSII are cheap. My first AES game was Sam Sho 1 which has better artwork than 2 IMO and plays about as well if SSII ever gets expensive.

  9. #34
    . RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    8,270
    Quote Originally Posted by heihachi View Post
    I was going to say Nam 1975 is another great <$100 title but I see it goes for double that now. I think it’s great FFS and SSII are cheap. My first AES game was Sam Sho 1 which has better artwork than 2 IMO and plays about as well if SSII ever gets expensive.
    SS1 is still a beautiful game. I play it as much as SS2. The darker more serious tone of 3 is still my favorite though. 3 is still fairly cheap last I checked.

  10. #35

    yagamikun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh

    Posts
    1,710
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    SS1 is still a beautiful game. I play it as much as SS2. The darker more serious tone of 3 is still my favorite though. 3 is still fairly cheap last I checked.
    I couldn't agree more. I'll always be a champion of SS3 - it's definitely the underdog of the series but has always been my favorite. Somebody once described it to me as Bushido Blade meets KOF 98, and I think that's the perfect framing for the game. You can still grab it as cheap as $120 on AES, which isn't too bad for anything AES in 2021.

  11. #36
    B. Jenet's Firstmate
    Cousin_Itt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth

    Posts
    414
    If you’re willing to spend the money on an AES, it’s nice to know you’re not going to have to cough up more than you spent on the system to get a couple of good quality games. God forbid if you wanted to showcase your system and the only game you could afford was legend of success joe. Your friends would think you were cray cray.

  12. #37
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    16,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin_Itt View Post
    If you’re willing to spend the money on an AES, it’s nice to know you’re not going to have to cough up more than you spent on the system to get a couple of good quality games. God forbid if you wanted to showcase your system and the only game you could afford was legend of success joe. Your friends would think you were cray cray.
    Funnily enough that game is expensive! Also it's the greatest game for the system so I don't know what you're getting at.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •