Samurai Spirits Zero Special Final Edition/ V Perfect insert project gift

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Well, jonap posted his so I decided to finish my insert that I’ve had in the works since May. This took a lot of time and effort, but I’m finally happy with the way it looks. I dislike how all of the SSVP inserts just reused the artwork for the SS collection, so I wanted to do something different. I know Mizuki was supposed to have a bigger role as a character in V Perfect, so I wanted her to be at the forefront of the insert. Some parts were upscaled using AI, like Mizuki on the front and the information box on the back. The rear artwork comes from a Neo Geo Freak magazine that I have. I scanned it, then upscaled it to make it look a bit sharper. I haven’t seen it anywhere else. Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

Feel free to print it out and use it. If you’d like to share it around, please just give credit. Thanks guys.

sszsfe.jpg

Jonap

Mega Shock!!
Great job and great initiative, this is how it should be between all of us contributing what we each can.
Very nice cover, congratulations.

I'm thinking of creating a specific thread to share our inserts/covers for free of all titles in general, im working on a lot of covers.

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
Interesting. Which Neo Geo Freak magazine issue did you find this artwork ?

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
this is amazing! send it to the southtown homebrew guy!

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
It’s nice to be sure - I do have a suggestion do with it what you will:

Instead of the character names on the front, why not take advantage of the real estate and use
Larger character art in that area? Even if you cut off their feet - torso and up shots?

I guess the question is: did you lay out the characters individually or was that group shot all-one image/ artsource?

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
It’s nice to be sure - I do have a suggestion do with it what you will:

Instead of the character names on the front, why not take advantage of the real estate and use
Larger character art in that area? Even if you cut off their feet - torso and up shots?

I guess the question is: did you lay out the characters individually or was that group shot all-one image/ artsource?
Honestly, I didn’t even think of that. :lolz:

Each character on the front artwork was individually placed and sized. It was a little bit of a pain getting them all placed and sized in a way that I liked.