Saudi Crown Prince to acquire SNK

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Rumor

From what I understand from reading the article is that SNK Is being bought by a Saudi company called EGDC.

However, the purchase was 100% funded by the Saudi Crown Prince. He is the largest shareholder of EGDC.

Oil money swallows SNK​

On the 26th, SNK signed a stock transfer agreement with Saudi Arabian game company'Electronic Gaming Development Company (EGDC)', which entails a change of the largest shareholder. Through this, SNK shares purchased by EGDC amounted to 6,06,579,98, and the transfer price alone amounted to 207.3 billion, 4572 million won. The related transfer agreement will also include 94,7781 shares of China's Perfect World, the current second largest shareholder.​

Source
Resetera Thread

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
Let's ask the important questions here....

What does this mean for Mai's jiggly bosoms?

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Someone was just telling me the other day that people in Saudi Arabia were buying up home carts and driving up prices with fuck you money. This is another level.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Someone was just telling me the other day that people in Saudi Arabia were buying up home carts and driving up prices with fuck you money. This is another level.

There’s been an uptick in Arab shelf collectors from what I’ve seen recently. It’s lame.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Be honest, you'd buy 90's toy plastique indiscriminately if you had infinite heritage oil money too. There's literally zero downsides to it aside from losing cred on neo hyphen geo dot com

edit:

Everyone do yourself a favor and never go to Resetera.

yep

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I’m sure that most of the Saudi collections are counterfeit from France/Spain/Thailand.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member

Same! I've been noticing this trend over the past year. Hell, just yesterday I was talking to my partner and another member here about this exact thing and I wake up to find this - I literally lol'ed.

Last edited:

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
This is so bizarre. Those oil tycoon AES collectors really just went straight to the source. It also then may be time to offload all my home cart stuff to some Arabs for the bigbux.

Last edited:

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
The odd good modern title aside, the company is akin to a flaming tampon bin. It's time to laugh even harder at people outside of Saudi saying they hope to get into homecart collecting in 2020

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
nobody would give a shit about saudi arabia if it wasn't for the oil. it would be another shithole like yemen.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
[Update] SNK Sells 33% Interest to The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia

The agreement has not been confirmed by SNK as of yet.

Update: While SNK representatives have not yet responded to DualShockers’ inquiries, reports are now citing instead that EGDC (acting on behalf of the Crown Prince) will own 33% following the finalization of the deal. While this wouldn’t constitute ‘control’ of the company, the report states it would place Saudi Arabia’s Mohamed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud with the highest percentage of ownership within the organization.

DualShockers will update the story as more information becomes available.

Source

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Let's ask the important questions here....

What does this mean for Mai's jiggly bosoms?

Don't expect her to be wearing a full length burqa in KOFXVI but there will be a new Islamic character, Fatouf and his SDM certainly will make you wear one.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
This is fucking disappointing. I know SNK is no longer the company we grew with, but wholly fuck. I’m not saying I won’t buy SNK shit anymore because I’d be a huge hypocrite, but supporting what’s left of the company is going to line the pocket of one of the worlds biggest despots. All the shit I buy comes from China anyways and directly lines the pockets of the CCP, but SNK being majority owned by MBS is on a whole new level. Maybe Lukashenko is available to buy Sega’s arcade business and keep it afloat for a few more years.