Thread: Facebook sales

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Facebook sales

Anyone sold anything to the FB members?

They all seem to moan about the price and offer less than half of what an items worth and constantly moan about items bought from other sellers. One in particular seems to me that heís up to something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert Garcia's Butler
    Lolifoxgirl's basement in the West Korean slums

It’s not surprising that people would moan about your prices considering you value Sam Sho 4 JPN AES at 450 GBP - 600 USD.

If you have unrealistic values then the market will show you that, either through people blasting your prices or getting lower offers than what you want. It’s not hard to undercut your asking prices and still get what the game is worth from what I’ve seen. I do know that home carts carry a premium in the UK market, but my gut tells me you’re still off on pricing.

http://www.neo-archive.com

I survived Secret Santa
    It wasn't Easy.

It's the most popular Craiglist/OfferUp/gumtree of online classifieds. People will always beat you up on prices if they're good, and you won't get messaged if the prices are fair (unless it's something uber rare).

Just like any other classifieds, there are people who spend each day buying and selling on there, so yeah, you'll run into vendors. I've bought from there, but never sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Digmac View Post
    Itís not surprising that people would moan about your prices considering you value Sam Sho 4 JPN AES at 450 GBP - 600 USD.

If you have unrealistic values then the market will show you that, either through people blasting your prices or getting lower offers than what you want. Itís not hard to undercut your asking prices and still get what the game is worth from what Iíve seen. I do know that home carts carry a premium in the UK market, but my gut tells me youíre still off on pricing.
    Thatís fine but other stuff like Robo Army and SVC getting offered peanuts plus a boxed jelly bean controller. Just one certain guy keeps asking for stuff and whinging on price

Frenzy Football Player

If your prices are good, things sell fast. Some people watch that place 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden328i View Post
    That’s fine but other stuff like Robo Army and SVC getting offered peanuts plus a boxed jelly bean controller. Just one certain guy keeps asking for stuff and whinging on price

Facebook isn’t for serious life forms.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by ratson View Post
    Wyo really needs to stay off the weed.
    Stuff isn't doing him any good, wow.
    expert recommendation.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Facebook isnít for serious life forms.
    Very true

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

SS4 $600 USD!? what the fuck.

KoF Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by egg_sanwich View Post
    If your prices are good, things sell fast. Some people watch that place 24/7
    True. I'd add that good prices are are usually those you paid for your games, because you bought them some time ago for less, than people demand now. Most important thing is to get your money back, while the time you spent owning your games is for free. Most of the times you make some profit anyway, just don't push it.

Bao's Babysitter

Anyone sold anything to the FB members?

They all seem to moan about the price and offer less than half of what an items worth and constantly moan about items bought from other sellers. One in particular seems to me that he’s up to something

Compared to Ebay, on Facebook you get everyone using it. Which is a different situation.
    On Ebay there is the feedback system, which tends to compel people to treat each other fairly.
    Shock Troopers high score- 17,364,600

Dodgeball Yakuza

I don't fuck with FB, but from what I've seen it's nothing but a hassle.
    http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1130/blastcitylogo.jpg

Morden's Lackey

I've tried selling off some extra nes games and controllers on FB market before. More effort than it's worth. Everyone wants the stuff, but no one wants to show up to pick it up. Bunch of lousy no shows that waste your time.

That’s fine but other stuff like Robo Army and SVC getting offered peanuts plus a boxed jelly bean controller. Just one certain guy keeps asking for stuff and whinging on price

Ignore or block them. I wouldn't want to sell my things to a cretin who whines.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    This. Judge people on how they respond, spell, speak to you, take a quick look at their profile. Be very picky about who you respond to or sell to. Facebook is 95% fucktards, its actually pretty easy to pick them out. I recently sold a ton of stuff with no issues, but the majority of people I didnt even respond to.

When I put my location in the post, Im not going to respond to some douche who sends me a message like “wear u b”.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    I ignore him now. He keeps banging on about how much cheaper stuff from Japan is. I said fine but how much is the customs charge from HMRC? Twat

Robert Garcia's Butler

I ignore him now. He keeps banging on about how much cheaper stuff from Japan is. I said fine but how much is the customs charge from HMRC? Twat

That’s because it is cheaper, and you can declare the items as “used video game” with bogus values if you don’t like customs. Thankfully here in the US video games don’t incur any customs fees unless it’s above a certain amount, around $3000 IIRC. I’ve only been charged a customs fee when a package of mine was insured for a little over $3000.

Really, though, wise collectors/gamers have been tapping Japan’s supply for years now. Especially when buying Japanese home carts, sometimes the game you’ll want just isn’t available outside of Japan.

Really, though, wise collectors/gamers have been tapping Japanís supply for years now. Especially when buying Japanese home carts, sometimes the game youíll want just isnít available outside of Japan.
    100% Agree. Honestly, buying direct from Japan has been a little more than addicting for me this year. The deals are absurd, and I've ordered dozens of games from Suruga-ya at this point and not one has disappointed me. I've received a few near-mint conditioned AES games I got for a steal as well. Paid $410 for a complete Art of Fighting 3 recently and it's excellent+. Even most CD games come in great shape - including the most common Saturn, PS1, and PCE titles - and I've not run into any games with rot.

That said, if you're after US games you won't find much.
    Last edited by yagamikun; 11-27-2020 at 12:31 PM. Reason: grammar

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Thatís because it is cheaper, and you can declare the items as ďused video gameĒ with bogus values if you donít like customs. Thankfully here in the US video games donít incur any customs fees unless itís above a certain amount, around $3000 IIRC. Iíve only been charged a customs fee when a package of mine was insured for a little over $3000.

Really, though, wise collectors/gamers have been tapping Japanís supply for years now. Especially when buying Japanese home carts, sometimes the game youíll want just isnít available outside of Japan.
    Well itís different here in England. Iíve tried and many others have as well to get around customs charges. Probably why our country is mess at the moment getting ripped off all the time

Robert Garcia's Butler

Well it’s different here in England. I’ve tried and many others have as well to get around customs charges. Probably why our country is mess at the moment getting ripped off all the time

What are the usual issues that come up when importing games into the UK and how are the items valued coming into customs?

Here’s an example of why people might be beating you down when it comes to price. From the “what is it worth” thread, you were at 450 GBP for your Sam Sho 4 JPN. In Japan, a complete copy with the registration card sells for around 250 GBP on average. From my experience importing and exporting games, shipping to the UK should run 40 GBP. That puts us at 290 GBP. I calculated the VAT/customs duty on the value of the game importing to the UK based on a 35,000 yen value. This comes out to 58 GBP. After adding that figure, we’re at 348 GBP all in for a copy of SS4. The cost of the game, shipping, and VAT.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Facebook sales

The last game I got from Japan was £213 including postage. HMRC charged me £45.43 tax!!

End of the day my samsho I got from a collector in almost perfect condition and the guy was welcome to come too my home and look at it first. So for now Iíll keep as Iím not giving it away. The items I offered were for a fair price. Your not going to get a copy of SVC for less than £700 so donít be making stupid offers

Last edited by Raiden328i; 11-27-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Robert Garcia's Butler

The last game I got from Japan was £213 including postage. HMRC charged me £45.43 tax!!

End of the day my samsho I got from a collector in almost perfect condition and the guy was welcome to come too my home and look at it first. So for now I’ll keep as I’m not giving it away. The items I offered were for a fair price. Your not going to get a copy of SVC for less than £700 so don’t be making stupid offers

I mean, I could get an SVC AES for £550...

You seem so sure no one will ever get one for less than 700 GBP.

Die Gans

I mean, I could get an SVC AES for £550...
    As an example, here is how it works in Germany:

550 + 4.7% Customs = 575.85

575.85 + 19% VAT = 685.26

Customs and VAT have to be paid on top of the total amount (shipped). If Deutsche Post or FedEX decide to do the Customs stuff for you you'll have to be prepared to pay another 6€ to ~20€ for their stupid "service fee". If they don't do this for you, then you have to print out a forum post/message/auction page or however you bought the item that shows at least one picture and the value. You also have to bring a print out of the PayPal transaction, your credit card statement or however you paid for the item to the customs office and be prepared to wait for an hour. Or two.

If you declare a lower value, then the potentially expensive item won't be fully insured.
    Last edited by supergoose; 12-02-2020 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Originally Posted by kernow:
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Thread Information