Breakers on Mega Drive

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
This is kind of unexpected, idk why someone would do this, but at the same time it is pretty cool, or at the very least quite interesting.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
It’s cool as a technical exercise, but I’m not sure why one would go for it over the original in this day and age.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
After the recent Dreamcast ports and now this, Countdown until thread of Magician Lord port for Atari 2600.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
After the recent Dreamcast ports and now this, Countdown until thread of Magician Lord port for Atari 2600.

Personally I'm waiting for the Vectrex port of Metal Slug 3.

I hear there's a Colecovision port of Last Blade 2 in the works as well.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
A Neo Geo port of Eternal Champions would be awe-so-rific

Yeah, take one of the classiest pieces of arcade hardware and port the trashiest western developed console fighter onto it!

You understand true neo geo spirit!

Anyway, I'm very sick of this influx of tacky/crappy stuff happening with Visco's IPs.

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Yeah, take one of the classiest pieces of arcade hardware and port the trashiest western developed console fighter onto it!

You understand true neo geo spirit!

I wanted this game to be good so badly I bought it on Genesis and Sega CD :hammer:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah well I'm sitting here waiting for E.T. 2600 to be ported to the 3DO.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I'll just stick to the original. Porting an arcade game to inferior hardware made sense back in the day but I don't get why people take time and effort to do it now when even on the shitiest emulation the original is going to play better.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Breakers is supposed to play fast and fluid.

That demo looks clunky as fuck. So why bother?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I feel projects like these are straight up #nerdflex

It's sorta cool.

It's like they're trying to prove it was possible to make a good port of a game from more advanced hardware.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I personally think that some ports are really pointless but you guys need to understand that aside from some exceptional individuals no one is trying to make a living out of programming old videogames. People program what they think are fun projects and people liking it is a mere bonus.

I myself am still planning to port MSX Rambo to the Neo-Geo with all proper software hooks for a workable coin-opo setup, even though no one asked for it and no one would want to play it. :lolz:

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
... Porting an arcade game to inferior hardware made sense back in the day but I don't get why people take time and effort to do it now when even on the shitiest emulation the original is going to play better.

Yet people still make games for the Neo Geo. I guess its the challenge of being constained by inferior hardware. A question of can it be done vs should it be done.