EL Panel repaired!

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
I've waited way too long to do it, but I finally repaired my EL panel.

20201109_190901.jpg20201109_191142.jpg20201109_191147.jpg20201109_191152.jpg20201109_191134.jpg

I am thinking of how I would like to attach them to the cab itself.
3d printing some little clips to hold halves sides together.

Any suggestions would be welcome as to how I could mount the panels themselves.

For anyone curious, the panels are from glowhut. Size A6.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
At first I thought this was some sort of Spanish thing, good work man looks great!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Same here, something like "El hyphen" ...good job!

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Having used those panels before myself, you'll want to mask off the perimeter of each panel with electrical tape, since those panels are larger than the stock ones, so that they don't bleed through the marquee. Good job.

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
Having used those panels before myself, you'll want to mask off the perimeter of each panel with electrical tape, since those panels are larger than the stock ones, so that they don't bleed through the marquee. Good job.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will do.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've waited way too long to do it, but I finally repaired my EL panel.

View attachment 58245View attachment 58246View attachment 58247View attachment 58248View attachment 58249

I am thinking of how I would like to attach them to the cab itself.
3d printing some little clips to hold halves sides together.

Any suggestions would be welcome as to how I could mount the panels themselves.

For anyone curious, the panels are from glowhut. Size A6.
Don't know what kind of cab you have, but the big reds have metal tabs that rotate to hold the panels in place. There's a plastic overlay that holds the marquee.

I have a broken set of EL panels and the overlay plastic holder to sell if anyone wants them.

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
Don't know what kind of cab you have, but the big reds have metal tabs that rotate to hold the panels in place. There's a plastic overlay that holds the marquee.

I have a broken set of EL panels and the overlay plastic holder to sell if anyone wants them.

I have a big red, but it clearly came from an arcade where it was abused.
In addition to the cigarette burns/melted t-molding, it didn't have an EL panel, instead it had a florescent bulb retrofitted in.
I got the panel years ago from someone here, so there is no mounting brackets or tabs.

Can I get a pic of the plastic holder so I can see what it looks like? Perhaps I can come up with an idea by looking how it originally looked.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I should've been clear that this sits in from of the EL panels and holds the mini marquees. Mine is dirty and scratched up, but here you go:

mvsmarqueeholder.png

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
I should've been clear that this sits in from of the EL panels and holds the mini marquees. Mine is dirty and scratched up, but here you go:

View attachment 58304

Thank you. I figured it was something like this but I've never actually seen what it looks like.
I wonder if I can reproduce something similar that would fit in my cab.