MVS jamma ground shares with video ground pin?

Jonap

Mega Shock!!
Hello friends, i have a doubt, i want to buy a RGB 15khz to Composite encoder,.

The only problem is that encoder only have input pins for RGB and Sync ( no video ground ).

qgaWwNv.png

Its a problem? maybe this encoder doesnt work because of this?
Or jamma shares all the grounds of MVS and dont care about that.

Thanks!

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Yes the MVS/JAMMA ground and video ground pins are shared. This should work fine. If you really wanted to you could solder a wire from video ground to the encoder ground (like on the power jack shielding) but it wouldn't make a difference since the video is grounded already.

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I just wonder why you would need a composite encoder while you're located in Spain, and you can get RGB displays as easily as it gets.

Jonap

Mega Shock!!
Yes the MVS/JAMMA ground and video ground pins are shared. This should work fine. If you really wanted to you could solder a wire from video ground to the encoder ground (like on the power jack shielding) but it wouldn't make a difference since the video is grounded already.

Thanks a lot for youre help friend.

I just wonder why you would need a composite encoder while you're located in Spain, and you can get RGB displays as easily as it gets.

I understand youre question :lolz:, its because newest TV dont have SCART input, now only have HDMI conections and with lucky you can have a TV with Component+composite input in addition like LG TV's.

Its for that.

davidmorom

n00b
Thanks a lot for youre help friend.

I understand youre question :lolz:, its because newest TV dont have SCART input, now only have HDMI conections and with lucky you can have a TV with Component+composite input in addition like LG TV's.

Its for that.

Just get an OSSC and enjoy crystal clear picture quality. Composite is awful as hell.

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Or if you're budget oriented, the retrotink pro or multiformat. Pro for 240p and 480i -> 480p hdmi or multiformat for progressive consoles up to 1080i. Both are affordable (compared to OSSC) and have very very little lag, not even noticeable.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, don't bother with the Jrok anymore.