Fairy is so good

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Agreed. KOF'96 is such an epic title in the series.

Although arranged is great I still love the original.

Last edited:

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
96 had some nice presentation and music but it's still one of the worst KOF's gameplay wise. Extremely unfinished game, they took so long redrawing all the sprites that they ran out of time fine-tuning the actual gameplay. No command normals, all these hidden unused moves and DM's that would later get implemented in 97. At least 80% of the cast gets completely neutralized by an old man laying on his back.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
96 had some nice presentation and music but it's still one of the worst KOF's gameplay wise. Extremely unfinished game, they took so long redrawing all the sprites that they ran out of time fine-tuning the actual gameplay. No command normals, all these hidden unused moves and DM's that would later get implemented in 97. At least 80% of the cast gets completely neutralized by an old man laying on his back.

Wow, you haven't posted regularly in four years. Stick around a while longer.

Coincidentally I came across your Kaiser Knuckle video last week and was wondering where you'd been:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

I still absolutely love this game, but yeah, all those redrawn sprites and new animation came at a steep cost for sure :lolz:

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member

100%! 96 is honestly hard to play if you play a fair amount of 97 or 98. It's a mess comparatively. It does have Geese, though! That said, it's still solid enough, and the OST is amazing. I like it leaps and bounds over the AST. Kim's theme especially.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Wow, you haven't posted regularly in four years. Stick around a while longer.

Coincidentally I came across your Kaiser Knuckle video last week and was wondering where you'd been:

yeah I just kinda fell out of forums. There weren't many discussions I was interested in here lately so I've just paid attention to shitty ass twitter and some Discord servers for the most part. I do miss forums like this sometimes though, it's always easier to find info in places like this.

That Kaiser Knuckle stream was over 4 years ago... man, how the time flies

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Ah, so BBH does still post in this trashcan of a forum. Stick around! Loved your MAME Roulette saga.