Options for fast draining ram on 2F board, battery mod already in place

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I replaced my battery with a coin cell battery when I first got the board (2F). But it seems the board in power down state drains the battery super quick, usually in a couple weeks or so. I saw some boards have more drain than others. Was looking for advice on what to replace the coin cell with now. Would it be possible to go to triple or double A batteries and put back the 470ohm resistor? The cabinet some times can go weeks before being powered on so I want something that can last much longer than the coin cell.

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
There's a few other threads with the same issue, I'd start by looking at those and trying those fixes. I'll try and link them later but it should be an easy enough thing to find through google.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Usually it's a failing part in the charging circuit, most likely a bad cap or diode.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Usually it's a failing part in the charging circuit, most likely a bad cap or diode.

Even if you are not using the charging circuit anymore (removed 470ohm)?

How long should a 2032 last if you have disabled the 470ohm resistor?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They’re part of the charging circuit per se but are used for stopping the current going through wrong way so if it’s failing then some will leak out.

Usually if everything is good, the battery can last at least 6 months. I’ve had an MV1C that lasted just over a year.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
They’re part of the charging circuit per se but are used for stopping the current going through wrong way so if it’s failing then some will leak out.

Usually if everything is good, the battery can last at least 6 months. I’ve had an MV1C that lasted just over a year.

Thats good to know! Would you replace the diodes and caps in that general area? Or are there some that could be across the board? I have a bunch of caps and resistors here, might have to order some diodes. I might put back the charging circuit and get a rechargeable 2032.

Would replacing this area be enough? (Your Pic btw ha) 2fbat1.jpg

Last edited:

Jonap

Mega Shock!!

Hi, diodes usually can fail too? what are typical symptoms?
i found capacitor list for each MVS but not the other list of components like diodes, do you know where i can found it? thanks!