Thread: Authenticating AES games without opening the cart

Frenzy Football Player
    Lolifoxgirl's basement in the West Korean slums

icon91.gif Authenticating AES games without opening the cart

Now that my YouTube and dingus AIDS has been exposed, I'll shamelessly plug my new video.

Really, though, I wanted to make this for anyone who's still purchasing home carts. Authentication is much more involved than just opening the cart. Just because something looks well made doesn't mean it's genuine, so with this video I wanted to share what specifics one should look out for when authenticating an AES game. I'm sure some of this information is old hat to guys who have been around the block, but I think it's important to get the info out there in general.

I hope this can help when you're judging the authenticity of your AES titles. If you watch, thanks for watching guys.

http://www.neo-archive.com

Banned

Haha, i stumbled upon your Sonic Wings 2&3 video before, but i didnt know it was you

That LCD PVM is pretty cool. Does it do 480p?

Frenzy Football Player

Quote Originally Posted by Massive Urethra Chode View Post
    Haha, i stumbled upon your Sonic Wings 2&3 video before, but i didnt know it was you

That LCD PVM is pretty cool. Does it do 480p?
    Yeah, it can handle every video format up to 1080p, 15, 24, and 31 kHz signals, and the odd refresh rates like the Neo has. They’re extremely robust monitors.

Kinda went on a marathon watching your old videos a few days earlier. Good stuff and this one is definitely helpful for those like myself.

Super Spy Agent

I've never really checked the insert paper before and rarely remove them from the snap lock unless I'm selling a game and the buyer wants pics. The creases on the insert are not a good way to feel reassured. I've had converts with them from poor handling.

I keep online purchases limited to low value games, 600 and below and I only buy/trade high value games with people that I trust (Thailand, Australia, and Texas). For the most part I don't even think about this shit.

A quick glace at a game in the sunlight is all I need. I can see the offset printing with my eyes and that's all it takes, but I've been doing this for a while.

This guide is helpful for noobs, especially the NCI information. NCI has done some weird shit with manuals and labels. The label for MS5 is completely wrong. SNK is in the wrong spot. Their MS2 has portions of the art cropped on the manual and somehow has extra art on the label that is missing from a real copy. If someone swapped an NCI case for... let's say... a SS3 matte case (mother fucker lol) someone new could totally get fucked without knowing all the stuff you laid out.

Keep up the awesome videos and I'm happy to hear the super AIDS isn't getting in the way.
    http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1130/blastcitylogo.jpg

Frenzy Football Player

Quote Originally Posted by redfield0009 View Post
    The creases on the insert are not a good way to feel reassured. I've had converts with them from poor handling.
    I thought about this after I watched the video over again. I've seen a few boots listed with indenting, but I've also seen plenty with perfectly straight/flat inserts. For sure, it's not a "dead giveaway" aspect to authenticating them.

Quote Originally Posted by redfield0009 View Post
    Keep up the awesome videos and I'm happy to hear the super AIDS isn't getting in the way.
    I don't know if it came out in the video but I struggled to make this one (due to health). I had a difficult time thinking of what to say, and I didn't get every tidbit of info that I had in my head into the video.

It's definitely more helpful for those who are newer to things. I appreciate the view, man.

As a new AES owner I’ve found this channel very interesting.

Thread Information