Hand made Neogeo Memory Card. #2

mygodess

n00b
IMG_1309.JPG
I need to change the memory block cause I added a small switch.

IMG_1311.JPG
Changed the cover with black one also :)

Looks strange but the switch works very well :)
The region is changed when I changed the switch.

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
This is really cool! Where did you find a diagram for the memory card? And do you have the part number of the connector? I'd love to try this out. You planning on making a real enclosure for this thing?

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
kind of late to the show...Turfy did this years ago...

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Neodogg do you have a thread link? I'm interested in making one just for shits and giggles.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I thought Neo Geo cards were just regular PCMCIA FLASH cards?

Nice effort nonetheless!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Is it possible to replace the volatile RAM in the original memory card with non volatile? I'd be interested in doing that for a little project.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Thank you Neodogg, I'm aware of the NSM but I never managed to get one while they were in stock. That's why I was thinking about making my own.

Considering the build here (why use a protoboard if you're not gonna use the soldering pads?????) you can clearly see the "circuit" which is almost a direct connection from the RAMTRON chip to the PC Card connector. Seems like an easy enough project to do, if indeed that's all it takes to drive a neo-geo memcard.

If I had a unit with a memcard reader I'd probably try my hand on it, seems like a lightweight fun side project.