Best single slot?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Ive had 2 slots, and currently have a 4 slot. Used to have a 1 slot 100 years ago but cant remember which one it was.

If one is to get a 1 slot MVS board (for a cab, not consolization), which one is the 'best' all around to have?

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I never had an issues with my Mv1c. I think it was 60 bucks 10 years ago and plays dirty carts like a little slut with no issues.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I love my MV1-FZS. Socket bios, small footprint, works like a charm.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
True, but I never found a need for Uni Bios when playing MVS on a cab. You got soft and hard dips.

Well, I like unlocking bosses/blood/jiggles, or sometimes just using cheats to run combos, etc. I like the versatility. My UniBIOS is probably 10 years old by now. I havent sent it back to get updated.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
In a cab, the best is obviously the MV-1 because it has the native connectors for things like the MV-IC memory card board, stereo output on the JAMMA edge and other nice cab features.

At home, the 1F / 1FS / 1FT is one of my favorites, it's got the on-board controller ports, easy stereo, socketed BIOS, easy to work on due to its size if it's consolized and in general I find these boards are better built than some of the smaller 1-slots.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If you can find one in working condition, then it's all about the original MV-1. Stereo sound, socketed bios, joystick ports, and it's the only one with memory card support.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I think anything with a socketed BIOS is what’s ideal. Since it’s for a cab though, I second the MV-1 because of its increased functionality over any other single slot board.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
At home, the 1F / 1FS / 1FT is one of my favorites, it's got the on-board controller ports, easy stereo, socketed BIOS, easy to work on due to its size if it's consolized and in general I find these boards are better built than some of the smaller 1-slots.
I have MV-1FS I don't need that I've been meaning to sell. I really like it. It seems solidly built, definitely nicer than the newer, smaller 1-slots. Stereo sound, socketed bios, controller ports, and mine goes nice and loud.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
NeoBiosMasta VMC solves the memory card and lack of socketed bios issues with B, C and FZ.

I mostly use a C with acrylic case from lions3.

Stock F or FS are nice for ease of use and superior sound quality. Just add unibios and you're all set.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
A common misconception is that MV1F doesn't support stereo over the jamma connector. This is false as the stereo/mono toggles between that.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
NeoBiosMasta VMC solves the memory card and lack of socketed bios issues with B, C and FZ.
l
I was talking about using a card though; not internal memory.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Can’t put a MVS cart into a pc. Sorry that you did not understand the original post.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Your mom’s.
My dad one time said my mom was a 3 hole woman. Not even joking. I was 15.

Even at 15 I knew what he meant and it was disturbing.

Now I can laugh about it (clearly not with the mom) but not at 15 to about 25 lol.