Thoughts on the value of King Of Fighters 2000 English AES ?

I know this game is supposed to be limited to 100.
Wanted to get thoughts on this game and what the community thinks of it. Thank You

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

Were you in a coma?

Friendly advice - Get lube! :keke:

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Limited edition by Dion, it must be 10.000$
Does it have NGF stamp certificate of authenticity?

is it worth more with ngf stamp certificate of authenticity ? I am wanting to know everyones thoughts on this game as an investment. I am contemplating purchasing this game

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
If you're buying a video game just as an investment, then you're taking a significant gamble with anything NGF related. Collectors set market value, and just because Neotropolis has a copy of an NGF KOF2000 does not mean it will hold its value in the eyes of any other collector.

If you want an investment, and are willing to spend a bajilion dollars to put a plastic case inside of another plastic case to be sat on your shelf and never touched again, seek out an authentic copy of Metal Slug or any of the other numerous high-priced collectors/investment items in the Neo-Geo library that not only carry more clout, but more long-term investment potential for collectors.

NGF stamps, certificates, and any other bull they tried to peddle to sell their mutilated copies of games is the riskiest "investment" you could make if you're going after the upper echelon of collectors items in the Neo-Geo market.

This is, honestly, the only serious answer you'll get on this thread. Even then, I feel like I'm being trolled...

Last edited:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
is it worth more with ngf stamp certificate of authenticity ? I am wanting to know everyones thoughts on this game as an investment. I am contemplating purchasing this game

I know Dion has a 'Master" version and an unnamed version.

I spoke with a friend that has a US copy and he told me the print quality was not the same as the official Japanese release.

I'm not willing to "sell my soul at the cross roads" for a copy and I don't think it's wise to view home carts as investments, even though the prices keep expanding like a match in galaxy fight.

Many in the community view the US release as a mutilated Japan version. No different than the way NGF created "corrected" inserts.

I bought a NGF robo army just to see how bad the quality was and the insert has lines from the ink jet printer having dirty heads.

Dion says all the art sets came from SNK. That could be possible, however when SNK made classic inserts for games like KOF 01, KOF 02, KOF 03, MS4, MS5 and ROTD... the quality was the EXACT same as the original released versions. I personally believe that speaks volumes regarding the official status of KOF 2000.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member

It attains roughly the same price as redfield's Robo Army with the protein seal of authenticity

I am a huge KOF fan. I say " investment " because of the hefty price tag. Do not want to spend X,XXX on a game for the value to drop out of the sky years down the road. I am a collector. I want to pass this down to my son. I welcome all comments. Just want to make a good decision with the money involved. I thank all for info i gain

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Sounds like one of the worst decisions you could make, but it's your collection. Get what you want. I'd spend the money on an official release with clout. Mahesak has several heavy hitters for sale.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I am a collector. I want to pass this down to my son.

I don't want to be that guy but... does your son even know or want it? Did you ever talk to him about it? It's becoming a recurring thing for someone to pass away and get their Neo games sold almost immediately for low prices to collector vultures. If he doesn't give a fuck about the games you should find another excuse for buying them raers.

That being said it's your money and no one actually cares if you buy X or Y cart. Do what you want.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I am a huge KOF fan. I say " investment " because of the hefty price tag. Do not want to spend X,XXX on a game for the value to drop out of the sky years down the road. I am a collector. I want to pass this down to my son. I welcome all comments. Just want to make a good decision with the money involved. I thank all for info i gain

You should read Racket Boy's updated Most Expensive Neo Geo Games. He explains that this game has held its value but hasnt really gone up and many official releases have surpassed it. It was one of the priciest aes games at one point but not anymore.

You may want to rethink the inheritance thing. The values on AES games will most likely eventually tank as the generation that grew up with them begins to think about retirement and starts selling off their collections. Neo geo interests a specific demographic that grew up around that time, its not a multi generational thing like Action Comics 1

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Your son is going to sell all that trash and buy a car, he doesn't give a shit about your ancient video games.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
NGF KoF 2000 is Worth $0 on this forum.....

if you want to pass something to your son, get some Bonds. Videogames are not a great investment. never have been.
see - any pop culture collectible ever....

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
Don't waste your money. Buy the Japanese version for a fraction of the price, play it and enjoy it. I just got a copy this year myself and a repro insert from Southtown Homebrew (to match my other KoFs, original insert under it), and I couldn't be happier. Fuck Dion, NGF and their certificates of "authenticity."

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Just buy a JP copy, they're already getting expensive and will probably become more so in the future.

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
I am a huge KOF fan. I say " investment " because of the hefty price tag. Do not want to spend X,XXX on a game for the value to drop out of the sky years down the road. I am a collector. I want to pass this down to my son.

You can't afford the game if you have to ask yourself this question. You would be better off buying a flashcart and playing the games with your son instead of trying to build him a portfolio of video games. Keeping games at collector's grades is a PITA and takes up a lot of space. Odds are your son isn't going to care enough about the systems when you pass on and simply sell them off. Skip that step by dumping the money into an investment account or trust in his name.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
The fact that he hasn’t been back and hasn’t really responded to anyone on this shows that he was seeking validation for his purchase from people he doesn’t know but considers to be “in the know”.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Seems to happen quite a bit. Rando rocks up, asks a dumbass question and then evaporates. This isn't the fuckin youtube comment section.