Thoughts on the value of King Of Fighters 2000 English AES ?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You can't afford the game if you have to ask yourself this question. You would be better off buying a flashcart and playing the games with your son instead of trying to build him a portfolio of video games. Keeping games at collector's grades is a PITA and takes up a lot of space. Odds are your son isn't going to care enough about the systems when you pass on and simply sell them off. Skip that step by dumping the money into an investment account or trust in his name.

This should be an auto reply for anyone that mentions leaving their games to their children. They are not going to give a fuck, and your collections will be a burden to them when you pass.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
This should be an auto reply for anyone that mentions leaving their games to their children. They are not going to give a fuck, and your collections will be a burden to them when you pass.

Absolutely, sell them and give them cash instead.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You can't afford the game if you have to ask yourself this question. You would be better off buying a flashcart and playing the games with your son instead of trying to build him a portfolio of video games. Keeping games at collector's grades is a PITA and takes up a lot of space. Odds are your son isn't going to care enough about the systems when you pass on and simply sell them off. Skip that step by dumping the money into an investment account or trust in his name.

I agree. I can't imagine the sacrifice of space even in my house, which is pretty big. It's aesthetically sad to have a stack of old school games. Kids don't play that. They just want their ipad or their iphones. I feel bad for kids whose parents are hoisting this "old school" shit on them. It ain't like when parents introduced their kids to Bowie and the Rolling Stones, where at least the kids would be able to share that appreciation of the music with other music lovers. These classic games are a door into vacuum.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I agree. I can't imagine the sacrifice of space even in my house, which is pretty big. It's aesthetically sad to have a stack of old school games. Kids don't play that. They just want their ipad or their iphones. I feel bad for kids whose parents are hoisting this "old school" shit on them. It ain't like when parents introduced their kids to Bowie and the Rolling Stones, where at least the kids would be able to share that appreciation of the music with other music lovers. These classic games are a door into vacuum.

You can barely share these games with someone in their early 20's let alone the kids of today.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
My kids could not care less about old video games. If it isn’t Minecraft or fortnite or whatever it doesn’t matter because it isn’t online.

My son is 19 and we collect together. So that may be true with most not the case here

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

What about people who's children die before they do?