neo geo EAS PL241 board - caps

j.m.ratkos

n00b
I was helping a friend by changing all of the caps, and like an idiot, I removed the 2 caps without noting the polarity or values of the positions of both caps on the PL241 board (I assumed I had the same board shown on the wiki page, but that proved wrong.

the photo shows the positions of both caps and I know that one is 1uF and the other 4.7uF, but I need to know which cap goes where and the orientation of the negative lead for both caps

thank you in advance.

Attachments

• PL241.jpg
    PL241.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 21

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Usually the stripe on those capacitors is the nagative. For example on 1, I think the nagative would be facing north like so

-

+

j.m.ratkos

n00b
I understand that the stripe indicates negative, but I need to know which capacitor (1 or 2) is the 1uF and which is the 4.7uF. also, how should they be installed? negative up or down? the caps in my photo were simply slid through the holes in the pc board to show the locations of both.

edit:
I received the info from another source. both caps have negative facing the top of the board and the 47uF 16v is the top cap, the 1uF 50v cap is the lower one.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
In response to your edit...

The #2 cap shows the negative lead facing the opposite direction to the #1 cap though?