Gauging interest in a Neo Geo "archive" website

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
So I'm currently sitting on a backup of the Neo Geo, KOF, and Samurai Shodown DHP lists, as well as a complete backup of neogeo.co.jp circa January 1997. I'd love for these to be back online on a website that's dedicated to online Neo Geo history archiving, something along those lines.

Web hosting and domains are cheap, so I thought I would gauge interest in having these back online on their own page. Is this something that you guys, the dedicated Neo community, would be interested in seeing and browsing?

Curious as to your thoughts. :buttrock:

UPDATE - Site is up!

Visit http://www.neo-archive.com/neo for neogeo.co.jp from 1997, fully working with no broken images or links (unless external).
Visit http://www.neo-archive.com/dhp for the Neo Geo, Sam Sho, and KOF DHP list backups.

Please note the DHP backup isn't complete with every single email. If someone has a more complete version archived, please let me know.

Parent directory dependencies on the DHP will be fixed soon, hopefully in the next 24 hours. Just have to tweak dozens of HTML files. Until then, please use the back button on your browser.

Let me know what you guys think. The site is far from "complete", but I wanted to get this out there so people can look through it.

Last edited:

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I think this is the start of a good idea, Dig. Preserving the history of the Neo and the legacy of the community surrounding it is a noble cause.

At the same time, maybe a good place to start would be to update the the links to the DHP lists on here so they are easier to find for folks that want to browse those old conversations? Neo-Geo.com is a relic of the past itself, with much of the information here being as old as most of those resources.

Actually - I'd just like to see some passion put into updating this site to not only modernize the look, but also to update all the resources. This is the best resource for Neo information on the web with our long-time, and even newer members (such as yourself), holding a wealth of knowledge of the Neo-Geo and SNK in general.

Hell, I'd be first in line to help that cause. If people want to search for the best information for the Neo-Geo, then you can't get any more direct than Neo-Geo.com. I'd love to build more into this community and the information stored within - if that makes sense. :)

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
I'd definitely be interested in seeing these, it sounds really cool. Thanks a lot for your efforts in preserving the history of this great system and it's community.

I think this is the start of a good idea, Dig. Preserving the history of the Neo and the legacy of the community surrounding it is a noble cause.

At the same time, maybe a good place to start would be to update the the links to the DHP lists on here so they are easier to find for folks that want to browse those old conversations? Neo-Geo.com is a relic of the past itself, with much of the information here being as old as most of those resources.

Actually - I'd just like to see some passion put into updating this site to not only modernize the look, but also to update all the resources. This is the best resource for Neo information on the web with our long-time, and even newer members (such as yourself), holding a wealth of knowledge of the Neo-Geo and SNK in general.

Hell, I'd be first in line to help that cause. If people want to search for the best information for the Neo-Geo, then you can't get any more direct than Neo-Geo.com. I'd love to build more into this community and the information stored within - if that makes sense. :)

I fully agree with you, it would be great for the site to receive some well deserved updates, cause it truly is the best website out there when it comes to news, info and resources regarding the Neo and being so old it is also an archive of sorts too.

Edit: I'd gladly help this cause too.

Last edited:

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
All additional useful information is good to have access to. Being new to the scene i like to breath in knowledge about Neo Geo

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I almost completely missed this thread. I’m all for site/information backups and retention efforts.
Very nice, Digmac! :buttrock::buttrock:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
cool beans! it is time for such a project, books are nice but the amount of info to present , deserves a website indeed...great initiative!

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Just got the site up. Refer to the first post for details.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Very nice, thankyou for doing this and giving a damn about SNK nostalgia.