MVH 4 slot Strange Error Screen (Katakana)

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm working on this 4 slot and it's fighting me pretty bad. Initially it had a backup RAM error, then a video RAM error, swapped those out successfully. Was missing the left channel audio, did a cap kit, and brought that back. Now, I'm experiencing this weird error which I'm not finding much info about, anyone run into these screens before?

Regular bios:
t8jM2OF.jpg

Unibios:
Xo26ERa.jpg

Board didn't have any corrosion on it surprisingly, already removed the battery, and I can get it to boot every now and again, but it'll stay stuck on this page more so than anything.

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
The images need to be made public. Can't access them right now.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
The first image seems to be indicating you have a issue with your slow vram. Specifically I think the high bit of your lower slow vram is stuck high.

I believe its try to tell you this

address expected actual
000000 5555 55D5

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
I'll have to check back, I forget if it was the upper or lower vram I replaced.

Last edited:

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
I'll have to check back, I forget if it was the upper or lower vram I replaced.
I've already replaced the lower VRAM. Think it's worth just replacing the upper as well?
QDrxLyj.jpg

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
It's probably worth a shot. It would be much easier to help diagnose if you could get the error to show up in english.

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
Update on this. It was a combination of the RAM not be soldered in correctly. Must of been a break on one of the pins, as well as the wiring going into the cabinet had to rebuilt. The isolation transformer was spliced in where it was powering the entire cabinet instead of just the monitor. Which was leading to some sort of weird AC loop.

Tested and now the board is functioning just fine.