Anyone try adding the Fatal Fury 1 Image Album to the NGCD version?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'm a moron when it comes to CDs and have no fucking idea how to change CDDA tracks on a CD image. Considering the Neo Geo CD version of Fatal Fury 1 only uses the cartridge music and there exists a kickass arranged soundtrack called the Image Album, I figure somebody in the last 20+ years has married the two things together to make an arranged soundtrack version of Fatal Fury 1 on NGCD.

Anyone want to share that disc image? Or at least link a guide on how one would replace CDDA tracks?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If you use a .cue file, all you'd have to do is replace the wav/mp3 files.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
These aren’t wav/MP3 files, these are CDDA tracks, raw pcm files.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Rip the CDDA tracks as WAV, make a .cue with the WAV tracks you ripped, they’ll burn as CDDA and it should work. I’ve seen plenty of PS1/Saturn/Neo CD rips with WAV audio tracks that the .cue points to. This is totally doable.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Is ripping CDs to wav/mp3 now a lost art or something?

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
I figured it out, I now have Fatal Fury Image Album Edition to play

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
I'll share one once I sort out the track for the end credits sequence, the Image Album version is a bit longer than the original and gets cut off by the high score screen.

EDIT: Here's what I have, it works fine except for the end credits track being cut off (track 28) which I tried trimming but it still cuts out early and one other issue.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/28e2jep1foy9pfq/Fatal+Fury+Image+Album+Edition+NGCD.zip/file

The other issue I can't figure out is concerning the track for the opponent lose quote screen (when you win). It repeats the track for a second before loading the Geese Howard quote screen. I don't know why that happens. Like I said, I ain't a genius at CDs so I'm already lost. If anyone wants to, they can try fixing it. The raw wav files and what not are all in there with a bin and cue file for the game itself.

Last edited:

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Cool project HMG.

If I recall from doing similar stuff in the past the CUE file contains timing information as well as the track names, You may need to adjust them slightly?
I notice in your file you have the ending song listed twice track 28 and 31.
But 28 is 2.19 long and 31 is 2.14 so that may be your issue?

Be sure to share the love once you have finished :)

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Cool project HMG.

If I recall from doing similar stuff in the past the CUE file contains timing information as well as the track names, You may need to adjust them slightly?
I notice in your file you have the ending song listed twice track 28 and 31.
But 28 is 2.19 long and 31 is 2.14 so that may be your issue?

Be sure to share the love once you have finished :)

Fatal Fury 1 for NGCD has some duplicate tracks. Track 28 is the end credits theme but also has the "thud" sound of Geese Howard hitting the ground from his high rise fall, then a few seconds later the end credits theme plays. Track 31 is the same but doesn't have the thud sound.

Also, tracks 4, 23 and 29 are virtually identical copies of the USA Fatal Fury title theme. There's a few copies of the JPN Garou Densetsu title theme in there as well, but the Image Album doesn't have an equivalent of that title theme.

Also keep in mind, these track numbers assume Track 0 is the game executable. I know, it should start at Track 1, but I didn't have the patience to rename all of them. The cue file that imgburn generates fixes that anyway.

Last edited: