Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: MVS X Multi Video System

NAM-75 Vet

Quote Originally Posted by TMOSteel View Post
    Good point, thanks for bringing that up. I'm guessing the team behind the MVSX isn't the same team behind the Neogeo Arcade Stick Pro, despite being from the same company. From what I understand the stick pro doesn't have these issues (censorship). I don't own one to actually verify this.
    The Arcade Stick Pro is uncensored, uses a Japanese BIOS. The International Mini and the Xmas Mini were censored but they started using a Japanese BIOS with the Samurai Shodown Minis.

Morden's Lackey

Quote Originally Posted by Hattori Hanzo View Post
    The Arcade Stick Pro is uncensored, uses a Japanese BIOS. The International Mini and the Xmas Mini were censored but they started using a Japanese BIOS with the Samurai Shodown Minis.
    I guess it's too complicated for these crappy companies to just add a service mode button.

It's not like it's just about censorship. You want to be able to fuck with turning the credits display on/off, changing difficulty, etc.

Blood fixed already, props to them for the speed and actually listening to their customer base:

You never forget your first Neo...

RevQuixo. Who He?

So with “Violence” on - can you still have the game in English or Japanese? Wondering what the mode is working off of.

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

I was pretty gung ho about buying this but i’m not so sure anymore. Like I saiid in another thread, there are basically only 3 homecarts left that I want to buy...and I could get 2 of them for the price of this thing. Hmm, decisions, decisions.

NAM-75 Vet

It can't replace your AES anyway.

Mickey's Coach

Quote Originally Posted by neo_moe View Post
    I was pretty gung ho about buying this but i’m not so sure anymore. Like I saiid in another thread, there are basically only 3 homecarts left that I want to buy...and I could get 2 of them for the price of this thing. Hmm, decisions, decisions.
    You already know the answer. Home carts
    http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1130/blastcitylogo.jpg

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hattori Hanzo View Post
    It can't replace your AES anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by redfield0009 View Post
    Yeah. That’s the thing...i’m not gonna sell my AES stuff so it’s like what’s the point? True, i’m not gonna get any of the Slugs but I have other ways to play those. And I already have all the KOfs and SSs games I want anyway.

Mind made up...it’s a pass for me.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by TMOSteel View Post
    Blood fixed already, props to them for the speed and actually listening to their customer base:

Wow, Samurai Shodown looks very laggy

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by Raph4 View Post
    Wow, Samurai Shodown looks very laggy
    Unfortunately that's what I thought too.. I wonder if the cpu is fast enough? Or maybe there isn't enough ram?

Mr. Big's Thug

Just played SS on my cab. If that is the amount of slow down, this system is in trouble...

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Personnally I have create a NEOGEO AES console with a little RPi4. Emulation is completely smooth.

I hope, it's just cam recorder issue like recorded @24fps and poorly mixed with a 60fps video.
    Last edited by Raph4; 09-23-2020 at 12:10 AM.

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

The frame rate and quality of the video are all over the place, making all the games look crap. In the beginning, you can tell it's the video because of how choppy his hand looks. Makes it impossible to get an accurate read on how good the emulation is, thusly defeating most of the purpose of the video.

Cham Cham's Banana

Quote Originally Posted by redfield0009 View Post
    It’s tough to beat Home Carts.
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com

Mr. Big's Thug

Did anyone else get a refund from neogeoaracde for around $30 for this cab? I did.

RevQuixo. Who He?

Anyone that preordered and paid for shipping should have been refunded the shipping fees.

-餓狼伝説弟子-

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCverA View Post
    Anyone that preordered and paid for shipping should have been refunded the shipping fees.
    Yo whats up NeoCverA, just to clarify, I think this only applied to freight costs for those within the 48 contiguous states of the United States.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Mr. Big's Thug

Bonus then. Awesome.

Benimaru's Hairdresser

In before people hate this thing, don't like what I see so far.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Angel's Love Slave
    Lolifoxgirl's basement in the West Korean slums

I’m not even going to attempt to press that play button, and let something with Metal Jeebus AND the MVSX enter my mind. It’ll probably give me Metal Jeebus cooties.

http://www.neo-archive.com

-餓狼伝説弟子-

At this point the demo unit(s) look like they’ve made the rounds to all the usual 3/4 scale cabinet collectors and retro game channels (Retro Ralph, Console Kits, Unqualified Critics, Metal Jesus, Szabo’s Arcades, Scarlet Sprites). I’m assuming channels like MLP, etc will also be getting the unit (which will be auctioned off for charity).

Surprisingly, Unico reacted pretty quickly to have the violence option update added via usb (for select titles) and the demo unit appears to be well received by the target 3/4 scale collectors and modding enthusiasts.

As a side note, Ben Herman mentioned that it would be possible to add more games beyond the 50 included games (giving some hope for shooter fans who were disappointed by the fighter heavy game list), but since then, Unico have let youtubers do the majority of the promotion and news sharing on this product so there has been no new announcements about the expansion capability.

I’m very curious to see how this unit does when released. I’m not really a fan of Arcade1Up, but they’ve definitely found a dedicated audience and high sales it seems.
    Last edited by BlackaneseNiNjA; 10-03-2020 at 05:00 PM.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Benimaru's Hairdresser

Quote Originally Posted by Digmac View Post
    I’m not even going to attempt to press that play button, and let something with Metal Jeebus AND the MVSX enter my mind. It’ll probably give me Metal Jeebus cooties.
    Hahahaha too real, this guy always has no clue what he's talking about. I don't think he is a bad guy but he speaks too much on things he is clueless of.

RevQuixo. Who He?

Quote Originally Posted by joecommando View Post
    Hahahaha too real, this guy always has no clue what he's talking about. I don't think he is a bad guy but he speaks too much on things he is clueless of.

Lol, I think he had his neighbor and his girlfriend play it for their impressions.

I would expect they have additional game collections locked away in the system as they had with the ASP - another 50? 100 mega shock?

Perhaps.

-餓狼伝説弟子-

I would expect they have additional game collections locked away in the system as they had with the ASP - another 50? 100 mega shock?

Perhaps.
    Hey whats up NeoCverA. That would be a cool possibility and I hope they take that approach.

Are you interested in picking one of these up?

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Thread Information