MVS X Multi Video System

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
So letting people configure an arcade machine is stupid but half the benefit of owning one is that you can set DIP switches?

Yes. That’s it exactly. One person can configure the DIPs. The mofo who runs the place. Nobody else can touch it.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Yes. That’s it exactly. One person can configure the DIPs. The mofo who runs the place. Nobody else can touch it.

This isn't for Chuck E Cheese dude. This is basically a home console. It makes sense to be able to configure it.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I agree. Six buttons is stupid. Letting people "configure" a fucking ARCADE MACHINE is also stupid. Half the benefit of owning arcade stuff is that you plug the machine into an outlet and set the DIPs once, configuration for all players is past present and future is complete and Playstation kids who are used to weird layouts can just get used to it and not waste your time resetting over and over because they can't remember how they like it...and then once they lose the next guy has to do it again...fuck that crap.

This however leaves aside that it apes the crappy US machine, with its dumb bat handle sticks and concave buttons. This is the machine I spent $$$ to not have to play...and with useless extra buttons.

This is a bartop using emulation to play games. This is not a proper arcade machine. You will never see this at any place that has arcades. This is meant for personal use, not commercial. Don't be ridiculous.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Possible new games down the road:

MVSX sales manager Ben Herman, who also happened to serve as president of SNK Playmore for several years, posted on his LinkedIn profile that he would also be representing the publisher Visco in order to bring its lineup of Neo Geo MVS games to the MVSX in 2021.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/snk-mvsx-will-seemingly-support-adding-extra-neo-g/1100-6482005

Glad to see the Visco Neo Geo titles finally get a wider distribution. It was a bummer that games like Breakers Revenge and Neo Drift Out were unable to receive a wider re-release via Hamster's ACA Neo Geo efforts. Hopefully the remaining un(re)released games from Technos, Hudson, etc can make it as well.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
It’s funny that they’re using a bunch of the inserts we made for shock boxes! I found a ton of my inserts on the site. Hahaha

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Glad to see the Visco Neo Geo titles finally get a wider distribution. It was a bummer that games like Breakers Revenge and Neo Drift Out were unable to receive a wider re-release via Hamster's ACA Neo Geo efforts. Hopefully the remaining un(re)released games from Technos, Hudson, etc can make it as well.

I believe Breakers is getting a combo pack sometime this year on PC, PS4 and Switch - so at least that will be available. It's a travesty BR doesn't get that much attention, but it has a pretty healthy community in Fightcade, and is even one of the ranked games on the service.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Didn't expect the name Ben Herman to pop up here again.

Glad to see he's still around. He's a good one and was always very communicative in his SNKP days.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
New content to purchase? Hopefully this device will be worth it.1

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
This is the first official (licensed) NeoGeo hardware in decades that actually looks like it may be worth buying. Will wait for more info, but the only SNK hardware I currently own is my NeoGeo Pockets and games, which I love. I've always wanted a big red (who would not?) but it's not justifiable for me. This little bartop could be a nice compromise for someone like me.

It looks pretty good IMO, even has the LED's on the control panel. Not bothered by the extra 2 buttons, they can be plugged or even useful someday (who knows what else it might run in the future, not to mention hacking etc.). Not a fan of the huge Unico logo on the sides, I would prefer the SNK/NeoGeo logos be prominent. But overalll it looks good. There was clearly more effort put into this design to reflect nostalgia for NeoGeo than we usually see (i.e. the awful NeoGeo Mini IMO)

Hopefully build quality and emulation accuracy is good. Those are the big questions that will make this a hit or miss.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
This seems like something Shinkiro would draw if he never found out about George Clooney and had a Top Gun poster to trace instead. :lolz:

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've been watching also, and for what it is it's not bad. I wish it had some shmups like blazing star....

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Still no blood, in like, anything. Even when the language was set to Japanese (but I don't think this accesses the DIP setting to change the region, its just changing the USA language to Japanese).

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Still no blood, in like, anything. Even when the language was set to Japanese (but I don't think this accesses the DIP setting to change the region, its just changing the USA language to Japanese).

that was my take away. It looks like switching regions on this thing just changes their UI language and thats it. No blood in metal slug is a no go for me. As Hine62 stated it need that solid shmup to seal the deal for the Library of games. That said the Library was decently solid but missing windjammers and a good shmup.