Thread: MVS X Multi Video System

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MVS X Multi Video System

http://www.snkmvsx.com/

mvsx-host.png
    figure-5_b.png
    figure-7_b.png

50 titles, supports MVS and AES mode, October 2020 release, prices are somewhat confusing: one screen shows bar top for $449, base $99, both $499, and another says $399.

17" 1280x1024 monitor, but I would have preferred at least a 19", supports pixel to pixel and scan line.

So similar to the other 3/4 cabinets out there from Arcade1Up, but looks very similar to the design of the iiRcade on Kickstarter, having the bar top option as well as offering a base, but thats where the similarities end:

https://iircade-immersive-arcade.kckb.st/13944777
    Last edited by TMOSteel; 08-11-2020 at 03:21 PM.
    You never forget your first Neo...

Frenzy Football Player
    Lolifoxgirl's basement in the West Korean slums

Ah yes, for those who wanted to spend even more on a Neo Geo Mini and have two absolutely useless buttons.

http://www.neo-archive.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digmac View Post
    Ah yes, for those who wanted to spend even more on a Neo Geo Mini and have two absolutely useless buttons.
    I was thinking the extra buttons were to attract the modding crowd as the Arcade1Up cabinets created a huge market for this. You just know someone will hack this thing the moment it gets released.

Its also possible "other" games might be available down the road (who knows).

So I guess this is the NEO•GEO 3, to be honest it doesn't look that bad, the selection of games is truly head scratching at points ("Sports Classics"), but maybe more games will be added in the future like they did with the ASP and these might have something to do with the extra buttons too, but I'm sure it'll also get modded by a few people.

I'm also pretty curious about the build quality. At least the screen is the correct aspect ratio and it looks pretty good and finally both MVS and AES modes are supported.
    Last edited by FredyFired; 08-11-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Frenzy Football Player
    Lolifoxgirl's basement in the West Korean slums

Quote Originally Posted by FredyFired View Post
    So I guess this is the NEO•GEO 3
    This isn’t through SNK AFAIK, so I don’t think this is the 3rd Neo project they’ve got going on.

The game selection is pretty horrible. Not a single puzzle game or shmup. This is another Chinese turd in my book. Just get a cab for the same price or a little more.

http://www.neo-archive.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digmac View Post
    This isn’t through SNK AFAIK, so I don’t think this is the 3rd Neo project they’ve got going on.
    Oh, so this isn't through SNK, I got confused since the website looks really similar to the NGM and ASP ones, not that those aren't Chinese turds. Personally for me it isn't worth the price either, but at least it seems (we still have to see, cause you can never be sure with these things) to be of better quality than the last 2 attempts.

Though if this isn't the 3rd Neo project, then I still hope for that to be something better, worth the effort and money.

J. Max's Chauffeur
    In the Ikari Attack Helicopter over the Philadelphia Seaside with Johnny Maximum, Robert Garcia, Mr. Krabs, a drunk Majors Clark Still, and a Mean Guile to defeat evil, then eat cheesesteaks and water ice afterwards

I thought it had the same lineup as the Neo geo mini until I saw Baseball Stars on there, why is Top Players Golf chosen over Turfmasters and why Baseball Stars 1 over 2? Sometimes these game choices are head scratchers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Speaking of that, the most bizzare thing that happened at that TMG (http://www.toomanygames.com/) was Ed Flemming getting his truck front bumper stuck to a pole and ripping it clean off!! Goes to show, you shouldn't drink and drive.
    Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Yeah, but how do I get to the SNES games?
    Get the all the accessories!

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Quote Originally Posted by Ralfakick View Post
    I thought it had the same lineup as the Neo geo mini until I saw Baseball Stars on there, why is Top Players Golf chosen over Turfmasters and why Baseball Stars 1 over 2? Sometimes these game choices are head scratchers.
    Based on madlittlepixel's recent video, I think the MVSX will share the same hardware as the Neo-Geo Mini and ASP. If this is true, the CPU has emulation issues with certain NG games; playing anything above Super Sidekicks 1 on the ASP there's raster issues and occasional stuttering. I think SNK is sticking with most of the same games because noticeable emulation issues that pop up with select titles.
    Last edited by KRONOS; 08-13-2020 at 12:45 PM.
    Six years working in Japan, eleven Neo-Geo arcade location tests attended. Broken Japanese spoken.

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

So clicky sticks or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by neo_moe View Post
    So clicky sticks or nah?
    But clicky stick so hard!

But seriously though one would hope they go the route of 1Up and (supposedly) iiRcade and at least use descent knock offs of real arcade sticks and buttons.

I'm sure SNK will chime in to add to the credibility at some point, so its just a matter of time.

As far as the 4 vs 6 buttons go - it is just a render, and the site itself is less than complete, so I take the design with a grain of salt. Same thing with the dimensions - most likely the width and the depth are just reversed (they're also different figures on two different images!).

Pre-orders supposed to up on Amazon next month so hopefully they ramp up the info quick.

Why So Many X's?

This looks like shit, even the arcade 1Up mockup that was leaked before looked better than this some how

Art of Typing Wiz

Honestly you can only make so many motherfuckers dip money into shit like this so many times.

Thread Information