Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1017

Thread: New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013

  1. #1
    Mr. Big's Thug
    NG:DEV.TEAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Germany

    Posts
    221

    icon28.gif New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013

    New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013




    System: NEOGEO MVS/AES

    NEO XYX is a maniac shooting game.

    NEO XYX is the first NEOGEO game ever with a true vertical scrolling screen (TATE)!
    The score system is based on medal chaining and a mild rank system.
    Bombs are build by collecting powerups.

    Game

    - 6 stages with varied and colorful settings
    - 6 endbosses
    - 16-bit hand-drawn graphics (dot graphics)
    - Switchable between vertical (TATE) and horizontal controls (YOKO)
    - Maniac shooting game

    One hand filmed teaser video:




    More details are in the shop:

    http://www.ngdevdirect.com/

  2. #2
    Fu'un-Ken Master
    lantus360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, KS

    Posts
    1,527
    oh shit..looking awesome!

  3. #3
    NAM-75 Vet
    FalcomAdol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Malden

    Posts
    483
    God help me, but I just preordered it.

  4. #4
    FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

    Tacitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chasing the Pfhor around L'howon with SPNKR in hand...

    Posts
    15,058
    Quote Originally Posted by NG:DEV.TEAM View Post
    New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013




    System: NEOGEO MVS/AES

    NEO XYX is a maniac shooting game.

    NEO XYX is the first NEOGEO game ever with a true vertical scrolling screen (TATE)!
    The score system is based on medal chaining and a mild rank system.
    Bombs are build by collecting powerups.

    Game

    - 6 stages with varied and colorful settings
    - 6 endbosses
    - 16-bit hand-drawn graphics (dot graphics)
    - Switchable between vertical (TATE) and horizontal controls (YOKO)
    - Maniac shooting game

    One hand filmed teaser video:




    More details are in the shop:

    http://www.ngdevdirect.com/
    Wow, love the music and styling. This and GunLord are very Amiga/90s reminicscent.

  5. #5
    H = Heinously
    M = Massive
    G = Gonad
    HMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada

    Posts
    4,708
    As nice as it is, I kinda wish they'd do something different, like a puzzle game.

  6. #6
    FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

    Tacitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chasing the Pfhor around L'howon with SPNKR in hand...

    Posts
    15,058
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMachineGun View Post
    As nice as it is, I kinda wish they'd do something different, like a puzzle game.
    They're pretty damn adept at shooters, I'd rather have a great shooter than another mediocre puzzle game.

  7. #7
    Gai's Trainer
    trenog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada

    Posts
    1,343
    How does the preorder system work here? Is it like Kickstarter (payments don't go through until the moment the devs say so) or like Indiegogo (payments go through immediately and then are refunded if things don't work out)?

    Thanks!

  8. #8
    NAM-75 Vet
    FalcomAdol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Malden

    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Wow, love the music and styling. This and GunLord are very Amiga/90s reminicscent.
    Amiga1200 and a Neo Geo shouldn't be *that* far apart in terms of capabilities...
    Quote Originally Posted by trenog View Post
    How does the preorder system work here? Is it like Kickstarter (payments don't go through until the moment the devs say so) or like Indiegogo (payments go through immediately and then are refunded if things don't work out)?

    Thanks!
    Pay with paypal. So when you pay, you PAY.

  9. #9
    . Yodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    8,194
    Fucking hell, looks amazing.

    Your music composers clearly have a great understanding of audio on the Neo.


    I just wish your MVS cart prices were less. I would have no problem dropping $200 on this, but 400 Euros is a tad much.

  10. #10
    Natural Born Killer
    Sherlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Black Lodge

    Posts
    1,644
    They're already putting a new game out and haven't even fulfilled the orders for their previous release yet....?

  11. #11
    NAM-75 Vet
    FalcomAdol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Malden

    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlin View Post
    They're already putting a new game out and haven't even fulfilled the orders for their previous release yet....?
    I've been playing Gunlord for months...it's just the homecarts that were delayed, and there is no homecart perorder for XYX yet. MVS has never been the problem.

  12. #12
    . kernow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    31,144
    The neos first good shooter? maybe.

  13. #13
    Gai's Trainer
    trenog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada

    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by FalcomAdol View Post
    Amiga1200 and a Neo Geo shouldn't be *that* far apart in terms of capabilities...Pay with paypal. So when you pay, you PAY.
    Daaang. That's a lot of coin. I guess I can only dream about this game then.

  14. #14
    . Yodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    8,194
    Quote Originally Posted by FalcomAdol View Post
    I've been playing Gunlord for months...it's just the homecarts that were delayed, and there is no homecart perorder for XYX yet. MVS has never been the problem.
    I think the holdup is still due to waiting on those snaplock cases from DavidG.

    Once again DavidG fucks even more Neo Geo fans.

  15. #15
    Gai's Trainer
    trenog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada

    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by broken View Post
    Fucking hell, looks amazing.

    Your music composers clearly have a great understanding of audio on the Neo.


    I just wish your MVS cart prices were less. I would have no problem dropping $200 on this, but 400 Euros is a tad much.
    Almost makes sense if you got a person that lives close enough to ya that you and another person go halves on it and then just set up visitation rights

  16. #16
    ネオジオフリーク
    BRANDI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Milano, Italy

    Posts
    3,594

    icon15.gif

    Cool

    I will pre-order for sure but please be sure to release Gun Lord and Fast Striker AES before opening NEO XYX AES pre-order...

  17. #17
    Art of Typing Wiz


    Viewpoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas

    Posts
    5,775
    Wow very nice. I like the music so far and another overhead shooter for the neo is always a plus in my book.

    P.S. Please make a better box art then the Gunlord one.

  18. #18
    Natural Born Killer
    Sherlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Black Lodge

    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by FalcomAdol View Post
    I've been playing Gunlord for months...it's just the homecarts that were delayed, and there is no homecart perorder for XYX yet. MVS has never been the problem.
    True. I've been playing my DC version for a while too. I guess I'm one of those whom automatically assumes homecart when they see "Neo".

    I hope there is a DC release. DCXYX!

  19. #19
    Ghost Of Captain Kidd

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    La Jolla, CA

    Posts
    1,680
    It does look fantastic, I'll give them that.

    Still pissed over GunLord AES though. I'll wait it out and see if they can deliver this on time.

  20. #20
    neo retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    US

    Posts
    10,771
    lol, am I seeing things or was the bomb a giant tiger face?

  21. #21
    Kula's Candy
    valgalder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago

    Posts
    301
    Looks (and sounds) awesome! Really cool to see a Neo game running Tate also. I'm just wondering if there will be a non-TATE option for those with dedicated cabs?

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by valgalder View Post
    Looks (and sounds) awesome! Really cool to see a Neo game running Tate also. I'm just wondering if there will be a non-TATE option for those with dedicated cabs?
    - Switchable between vertical (TATE) and horizontal controls (YOKO)

  23. #23
    Mayor of Southtown

    RabbitTroop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    2,668 miles from birth

    Posts
    13,847
    You guys are quickly becoming the pros of the Neo shooter crowd. I'm not going to miss out on this one like I did Fast Striker. Awesome news.

  24. #24
    Krauser's Shoe Shiner

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Italy

    Posts
    230

  25. #25
    Geese's Thug
    Ukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara County

    Posts
    279
    OH COME ON! Right when I already spend to much money. I promised myself I would preorder the next game you guys made, didn't think it would be so soon. Looks like I am sofa diving.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •