MVS X Multi Video System

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
http://www.snkmvsx.com/

mvsx-host.png
figure-5_b.png
figure-7_b.png

50 titles, supports MVS and AES mode, October 2020 release, prices are somewhat confusing: one screen shows bar top for $449, base $99, both $499, and another says $399.

17" 1280x1024 monitor, but I would have preferred at least a 19", supports pixel to pixel and scan line.

So similar to the other 3/4 cabinets out there from Arcade1Up, but looks very similar to the design of the iiRcade on Kickstarter, having the bar top option as well as offering a base, but thats where the similarities end:

https://iircade-immersive-arcade.kckb.st/13944777

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Ah yes, for those who wanted to spend even more on a Neo Geo Mini and have two absolutely useless buttons.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I thought it had the same lineup as the Neo geo mini until I saw Baseball Stars on there, why is Top Players Golf chosen over Turfmasters and why Baseball Stars 1 over 2? Sometimes these game choices are head scratchers.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Ah yes, for those who wanted to spend even more on a Neo Geo Mini and have two absolutely useless buttons.

I was thinking the extra buttons were to attract the modding crowd as the Arcade1Up cabinets created a huge market for this. You just know someone will hack this thing the moment it gets released.

Its also possible "other" games might be available down the road (who knows).

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
So I guess this is the NEO•GEO 3, to be honest it doesn't look that bad, the selection of games is truly head scratching at points ("Sports Classics"), but maybe more games will be added in the future like they did with the ASP and these might have something to do with the extra buttons too, but I'm sure it'll also get modded by a few people.

I'm also pretty curious about the build quality. At least the screen is the correct aspect ratio and it looks pretty good and finally both MVS and AES modes are supported.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
So I guess this is the NEO•GEO 3
This isn’t through SNK AFAIK, so I don’t think this is the 3rd Neo project they’ve got going on.

The game selection is pretty horrible. Not a single puzzle game or shmup. This is another Chinese turd in my book. Just get a cab for the same price or a little more.

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
This isn’t through SNK AFAIK, so I don’t think this is the 3rd Neo project they’ve got going on.

Oh, so this isn't through SNK, I got confused since the website looks really similar to the NGM and ASP ones, not that those aren't Chinese turds. Personally for me it isn't worth the price either, but at least it seems (we still have to see, cause you can never be sure with these things) to be of better quality than the last 2 attempts.

Though if this isn't the 3rd Neo project, then I still hope for that to be something better, worth the effort and money.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
I would consider this if it was made by SNK, but damn $500 for some likely Chinese bootleg quality shit is a tough sell. If this thing is made of wood and has legit buttons/sticks then that’s a plus, but I’m not hopeful.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Very similar to the if I recall correctly cade, but without mobile games and whored out Data East romz :lolz:

Not even SNK's own stuff was of top tier quality so this is the kind of thing I'd consider under heavy floor clearing discounts, Mini style.

edit: top player's golf and baseball stars professional included, but no Neo Turf nor Baseball Stars 2.
Planned double dipping confirmed. :thevt:

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Not seeing anything indicating this is an officially licensed product. Only thing that might indicate it is the blurry copyright line on the side of the cabinet, but there's nothing at all on their website.

Putting this out there like this with all those games baked in is just asking for a big lawsuit.

I will say though that it looks pretty neat at face value.

Last edited:

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Not seeing anything indicating this is an officially licensed product. Only thing that might indicate it is the blurry copyright line on the side of the cabinet, but there's nothing at all on their website.

Putting this out there like this with all those games baked in is just asking for a big lawsuit.

I will say though that it looks pretty neat at face value.

The URL was registered May 26, 2020:

Organization: UNICO Technology Co.,Ltd
Mailing Address: GuangDong, China

It could very well be legit, I would think plastering SNK, Neo-Geo and all the game titles all over the place without it being licensed would be beyond asking for trouble. It's not like SNK hasn't licensed the name before.

I did not lookup any history on this Unico but if you notice their name is on the side of the cabinet. A quick search and it seems like they have their hands in a lot of pies, but not necessarily gaming that I could find.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
$500!? Just keep saving up the tickets for the real deal.

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
Why they gotta put an X at the end of the name? Thought they learned their lesson the first time. Hope it's not the Neo3. But I agree this is way to out there to not be licensed.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Price not withstanding, what the heck is up with the design? Tiny fake coin slot on the bar top plus a full size fake cooinslot on the pedestal. The speakers are on the base instead of above the monitor. That volume knob on the control panel cracks me up. It looks like someone at least half assed tried to make this look like a big red. I assume unico paid more for licensing that 1up.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I knew it was only a matter of time. I'm not interested, but still I wish a well-known name like Arcade1Up did it. All they have to do is take the technology of the other recent Neo products and blow it up.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
I knew it was only a matter of time. I'm not interested, but still I wish a well-known name like Arcade1Up did it. All they have to do is take the technology of the other recent Neo products and blow it up.

Yeah, but nobody wants to spend $500 for a Neo Geo cabinet with 4 games, which is what we would've gotten if Arcade1Up had produced one.

Better to get an iiRcade and be able to buy the Neo Geo ROMs you want, along with other Arcade titles. They already have a number of Neo games available.

$500 for 50 games is too steep, I'd consider the bar top + stand for more like $300 ish, and that a big ish...

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Width is 15".... that is really tiny, and not comfortable with 2p. fail

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Lolz-$500!? At least there's more than four games...

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Reminds me of the Gameroom Classics bartop release that came out during SNK Playmore’s time:

601a9c66c3bfce3dd33be72b5f675e32.jpeg

The mini crt it featured was interesting, though the emulation quality was a different story altogether.

I suppose I’ll keep an eye on this just to see how this one turns out.

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Reminds me of the Gameroom Classics bartop release that came out during SNK Playmore’s time:

601a9c66c3bfce3dd33be72b5f675e32.jpeg

The mini crt it featured was interesting, though the emulation quality was a different story altogether.

I suppose I’ll keep an eye on this just to see how this one turns out.

I still have the Taito one, I didn’t bother with the SNK one because I had two Neo cabs at the time.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
It's impossible to take this shit seriously when they use six button sticks.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Ya the six buttons is dumb...as are some of the game choices. I mean what would be the rationale of not including the whole library...unless they’d be selling additional games down the road like an iircade setup.

$300 for a bar top would be much more reasonable...but we’ll see how this plays out I guess...

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
This thing is a piece of shit but it's not dumb to put 6 buttons on it. It's just an emulation box. Anyone who isn't a retard will find a way to load up other (6 button) games on it like Street Fighter 2.

Samurai Shodown 2 plays better with 6 buttons than 4 buttons anyway. Like I'm going to press A+B and C+D in 2020.