MVS X Multi Video System

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Yeah but for naughty reasons. Our team wants to crack the nut.

lol Nice :buttrock:

I’m curious to know what it’s running too since none of the existing reviewers were approved to crack open the unit (though Szabo customized and swapped out the original marquee when he had it).

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I actually sent Joe (Szabo) an email requesting a “NEO-GEO” marquee.
EB8519FA-5E09-48D4-B8B8-BA607A0ADB7E.jpeg

Let’s see if he does it.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Solid. I might have to visit his online shop to check out his customs. An mvsx marque with interchangeable cards would be a perfect fit.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Solid. I might have to visit his online shop to check out his customs. An mvsx marque with interchangeable cards would be a perfect fit.

That would be sweet, I just don’t see how that would get pulled off without sacrificing light integrity and it’s not like it’s a 2,4 or 6 slot, this thing comes with 50 pre-loaded and who knows what else once we are done with it. I guess just for your mood of the week or whatever.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
That would be sweet, I just don’t see how that would get pulled off without sacrificing light integrity and it’s not like it’s a 2,4 or 6 slot, this thing comes with 50 pre-loaded and who knows what else once we are done with it. I guess just for your mood of the week or whatever.

Good point; there may not be a lot of room behind the marquee (something that Joe mentioned could cause shadowing issues if speakers are installed up there.

Either way, that 2nd coin door has got to go though imho lol

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Good point; there may not be a lot of room behind the marquee (something that Joe mentioned could cause shadowing issues if speakers are installed up there.

Either way, that 2nd coin door has got to go though imho lol

Yes for sure! I like his idea of the headphone/ memory card sticker - even to mod headphone jacks and perhaps even re-routing the USB port or splitting the port to the front as well to where you can insert your usb drive into the memory Card slot when(if) needed.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
A10B0013-08C6-419F-8CA1-EA61039DC5E8.jpeg

Testing units - getting ready for containers and shipping.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
I’m waiting for Scarlet Sprites full review.. He is definitely a purist so I don’t think he is going to have glowing things to say, but he seems to be honest with all of his reviews and he is knowledgeable as fuck.
I’m still on the fence, but my kids would love this thing.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I’m waiting for Scarlet Sprites full review.. He is definitely a purist so I don’t think he is going to have glowing things to say, but he seems to be honest with all of his reviews and he is knowledgeable as fuck.

This machine isn’t for someone with an aes or mvs setup - nobody is going to say “get rid of that and get this” even anyone thinking of getting an mvs or aes setup this isn’t for you.

He’s definitely not going to buy one since he just completed his mvs collection AND he has a big red cabinet.

Anyone that is into the 3/4ths arcade machine thing, this is more likely aimed at those folks.

Marvel cab at Best Buy is $500 and comes with 5 games. So if I’m one of those mini arcade people - I think o would see the neogeo (if I remember and know what it is) as a value since it comes with 50.

Last edited:

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member

Scarlet did a live video review with his followers on YouTube. I don't know if he'll do a more concrete review video. Seems he's switching his format recently to mostly live streams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcifnnfdB3M&t=1042s

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I am interested. I have always wanted a big red but don't have the room to house one. This will fit the bill, as long as the emulation is close enough with no obvious flaw. However, the price is still a bit high, maybe $300-400 I will consider. At least they look like a better value than those Arcade1ups, but that's not saying much. I wish the line-up is more diverse, we really don't need every KOF and MS in there and could use some shooters and more action/sport games.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I’m pretty sure Scarlet Sprites is still going to release a review. I asked him to check a few testers on the emulations.

I already got other reviewers to test metal slug 2, heatwave effect for the dessert opening stage.

Want to see Samurai Shodown 3’s floor scrolling effect during jumps.
Terry’s stage, 3rd round raster effect in Garou.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
They should have included Happ parts and not this cheap crap. BTW the German distributor wants 650 € shipped for the MVSX & the base. :keke:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
They should have included Happ parts and not this cheap crap. BTW the German distributor wants 650 € shipped for the MVSX & the base. :keke:

What a rip! :lolz: For 650 euro ($765 US Dollars) you could easily find an original big red cab here in the USA.

Also MadLittlePixel has dingus AIDS.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
This guys videos are intolerable. I enjoy Cooltoy’s videos but he is not a critical review, more just a preview of shit.

He is the only guy who didn't care and opened up the back to look at the inside (not that there is really anything surprising or to look at).

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
This guys videos are intolerable. I enjoy Cooltoy’s videos but he is not a critical review, more just a preview of shit.

i honestly thought he worked for or was totally sponsored by Arcade1Up because his videos are basically infomercials for them.

geladobom

War Room Troll
Just pick one raspberry pie and one Arcade Controller. Or buy one Pandora's Box.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
RetroRGB Review:

Edit:
Interestingly enough, his buddy mentioned that he had issues launching Terry Bogard’s Power Guyser in Fatal Fury Special on the player 1 side...no disrespect to the guy, but the special move input he goes on to state that he was attempting is incorrect (time marker 15:40). Terry’s power guyser input in Fatal Fury Special is :qcb::downb::forw:B+C. However, RetroRGB’s guest stated that he was trying to input QCB,HCF,B+C for Terry’s input; the altered directional input is how Terry’s Power Guyser is performed in the KOF series, not FFS. That may explain his trouble/inconsistency with the input. Either way, it sounds like priority #1 is to replace the sticks for those interested.

Last edited: