MVS X Multi Video System

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Why does everyone base this off of shit American style cabs. Can we get a Candy style cab and just the full library that SNK owns already. Also enough already with these fucking 17" screens. Put the largest fucking screen that can fit in the cab. Like a normal pc monitor is bigger than 21" now.

Last edited:

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Why does everyone base this off of shit American style cabs. Can we get a Candy style cab and just the full library that SNK owns already. Also enough already with these fucking 17" screens. Put the largest fucking screen that can fit in the cab. Like a normal pc monitor is bigger than 21" now.

Because they're nostalgia grabs targeted at 30-40 somethings who played/saw these games in American arcades.

The bottom line is that if you actually give a shit you either already own a Big Red, a candy cab, or a GroovyMAME setup. This is another product for Youtubers to shill and mouth breathers to put in the basement after they stop using them in 2 days.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Ya the six buttons is dumb...as are some of the game choices. I mean what would be the rationale of not including the whole library...unless they’d be selling additional games down the road like an iircade setup.

$300 for a bar top would be much more reasonable...but we’ll see how this plays out I guess...
You want then to license the entire Neo Geo library? Or do you mean just games SNK holds the rights to?

I think the reality is they try to come up with a reasonable number of games without giving away everything.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
You want then to license the entire Neo Geo library? Or do you mean just games SNK holds the rights to?

I think the reality is they try to come up with a reasonable number of games without giving away everything.

Yeah I guess not the whole library, not feasible I suppose ha...50 games is decent, just some odd choices in there.

I guess it’s a moot point since it’ll all get hacked anyway.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
This looks like shit, even the arcade 1Up mockup that was leaked before looked better than this some how
c5f85c1afaab25ace36a36257dd12bb4.jpg

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Honestly you can only make so many motherfuckers dip money into shit like this so many times.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I still have the Taito one, I didn’t bother with the SNK one because I had two Neo cabs at the time.

Yo whats up Ralfakick. How is the screen holding up on the Taito unit? I loved the fact that those bartops actually had a little crt installed rather than an lcd screen. The little Hanaho emulator boards just weren’t up to the task when it came to the snk unit. I know a lot of people had success swapping the psu and repurposing the bartop cab since it was wired for jamma.

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
The infringement is really quite bold. Holy crap. Maybe some lawsuit $$$ will allow SNK to release an actual enticing NG3.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The URL was registered May 26, 2020:

Organization: UNICO Technology Co.,Ltd
Mailing Address: GuangDong, China

It could very well be legit, I would think plastering SNK, Neo-Geo and all the game titles all over the place without it being licensed would be beyond asking for trouble. It's not like SNK hasn't licensed the name before.

I did not lookup any history on this Unico but if you notice their name is on the side of the cabinet. A quick search and it seems like they have their hands in a lot of pies, but not necessarily gaming that I could find.

The fact that SNK themselves has said nothing about this, and has put out their own hardware to reissue classic titles twice, tells me that either this is totally unlicensed, or it was licensed out by their owner Leyou Technologies under the table.

Either way, that's a bad sign. Companies in China have never been particularly shy about ripping off trademarks and patents for bootlegs.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Wait, you guys think this is unlicensed?

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Wait, you guys think this is unlicensed?

There’s no signs of it actually being licensed and no one has heard fuck all of the company that slapped its name on the side so probably not

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Apparently, it's legit:

Gstone announces the SNK NEOGEO MVSX Home Arcade Featuring 50 Classic SNK Titles The ultimate arcade is coming to North America in November 2020

Press release

Gstone Group, working closely with SNK, has announced the SNK NEOGEO MVSX home arcade system featuring 50 classic SNK NEOGEO titles releasing in North America in November 2020 with 10 built-in languages.

The SNK NEOGEO MVSX will be the ultimate home arcade for fans of classic SNK titles as it will include both the MVS arcade and the AES home versions of games from fan-favorite series like The King of Fighters, Metal Slug, Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown, Art of Fighting and sports titles including Baseball Stars Professional and Top Player’s Golf. The games are all housed within a stylish tabletop arcade with an attached base that has a 17-inch 4:3 LCD screen and has two-player support with analog joysticks and buttons. Fans of the classic SNK NEOGEO MVS arcade machines are sure to love the tabletop arcade’s aesthetics as it’s decked out in red and white, has familiar button placements (such as the “SELECT GAME” button) and has its signature marquee showcasing beautiful box art for the most popular franchises of the 50 games.

Preorders for the SNK MVSX will begin September 2020. The tabletop arcade will officially launch in November 2020 under GStone Group’s UNICO brand. A base will also be available for sale which will transform the tabletop arcade into a nearly 5-foot-tall full-sized arcade cabinet.
The price will be MSRP: $499.99

More info here:

https://www.onono.no/2020/08/12/gstone-announces-home-arcade-featuring-50-classic-snk-titles/

Unless I'm getting catfished...

2020-08-12 16_55_32-Photos.png

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Yo whats up Ralfakick. How is the screen holding up on the Taito unit? I loved the fact that those bartops actually had a little crt installed rather than an lcd screen. The little Hanaho emulator boards just weren’t up to the task when it came to the snk unit. I know a lot of people had success swapping the psu and repurposing the bartop cab since it was wired for jamma.

You know I had taken it apart and tried a 1 slot in it and hadn’t touched it for years tbh. It’s not wired for Jamma sound though. So I had to put it back together. I only did it because you asked. Screen is good

F78151D5-B134-41E2-9ABC-2727686BEA48.jpeg

24AAB519-CEC2-46F4-B075-9E46145EBEBF.jpeg

6DF4ADCD-A006-47FE-8AED-0204AB816224.jpeg

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I actually wanted one of these really bad at one point. what a hunk of sh8t! I am so glad the price tag grew to make me grabbing one prohibitive. I remember the closeout price being at fifty dollars or so at Walmart,then the price ballooned on the second hand market. I understand that it's pretty heavy too! Just NO.
BB

I still have the Taito one, I didn’t bother with the SNK one because I had two Neo cabs at the time.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I actually wanted one of these really bad at one point. what a hunk of sh8t! I am so glad the price tag grew to make me grabbing one prohibitive. I remember the closeout price being at fifty dollars or so at Walmart,then the price ballooned on the second hand market. I understand that it's pretty heavy too! Just NO.
BB

I got it for like $100 a long while ago. It’s not too heavy I actually just moved it around a bunch including lifting it three times. Definitely way lighter than a crt at comparable size. I have no idea what they sell for now

It’s ok I think the controls could be better but otherwise it’s fine. I don’t think the SNK one would hold up as well since the games require you to be tougher on the controls. I remember playing zookeeper the most on it as I’d already played all the other games a ton. I don’t know if I would have paid more than that.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Apparently, it's legit:

Gstone announces the SNK NEOGEO MVSX Home Arcade Featuring 50 Classic SNK Titles The ultimate arcade is coming to North America in November 2020

Press release

Gstone Group, working closely with SNK, has announced the SNK NEOGEO MVSX home arcade system featuring 50 classic SNK NEOGEO titles releasing in North America in November 2020 with 10 built-in languages.

Thanks TMOSteel :buttrock:

You know I had taken it apart and tried a 1 slot in it and hadn’t touched it for years tbh. It’s not wired for Jamma sound though. So I had to put it back together. I only did it because you asked. Screen is good

View attachment 57483

View attachment 57484

View attachment 57485

You sir, are a scholar and gentleman thank you for the photos :buttrock: The screen looks like it held up really well. Thanks!

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Just a boring arcade 1up competitor. At least SNK is making royalty money off of it. I just want The new SNK to do something cool already. Give us a new console lol

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Apparently, it's legit:

Yep, legit. Apparently made by the same folks who did the previous 2 devices (mini and arcade stick). I don’t think I’ll be getting one, but it looks like the coolest of the 3 devices they’ve made.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I agree guys....that fucking button layout is ATROCIOUS. Where are my 4 buttons??? This isn't a Capcom CPS goddammit.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I agree guys....that fucking button layout is ATROCIOUS. Where are my 4 buttons??? This isn't a Capcom CPS goddammit.

They must've lifted the design from somewhere else and couldn't be arsed changing the CAD design to suit the product. This right here should be setting off alarm bells.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Yeah, for a mini cabinet and monitor it was worth about that much. I just couldn't find one locally!! I was thinking about placing some ports on it for controllers and turning it into a regular cab at the time.
BB

I got it for like $100 a long while ago. It’s not too heavy I actually just moved it around a bunch including lifting it three times. Definitely way lighter than a crt at comparable size. I have no idea what they sell for now

It’s ok I think the controls could be better but otherwise it’s fine. I don’t think the SNK one would hold up as well since the games require you to be tougher on the controls. I remember playing zookeeper the most on it as I’d already played all the other games a ton. I don’t know if I would have paid more than that.