Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MVS X Multi Video System

MVS X Multi Video System

http://www.snkmvsx.com/

mvsx-host.png
    figure-5_b.png
    figure-7_b.png

50 titles, supports MVS and AES mode, October 2020 release, prices are somewhat confusing: one screen shows bar top for $449, base $99, both $499, and another says $399.

17" 1280x1024 monitor, but I would have preferred at least a 19", supports pixel to pixel and scan line.

So similar to the other 3/4 cabinets out there from Arcade1Up, but looks very similar to the design of the iiRcade on Kickstarter, having the bar top option as well as offering a base, but thats where the similarities end:

https://iircade-immersive-arcade.kckb.st/13944777
    Last edited by TMOSteel; 08-11-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    You never forget your first Neo...

Krauser's Henchman
    Lolifoxgirl's basement in the West Korean slums

Ah yes, for those who wanted to spend even more on a Neo Geo Mini and have two absolutely useless buttons.

http://www.neo-archive.com

J. Max's Chauffeur
    In the Ikari Attack Helicopter over the Philadelphia Seaside with Johnny Maximum, Robert Garcia, Mr. Krabs, a drunk Majors Clark Still, and a Mean Guile to defeat evil, then eat cheesesteaks and water ice afterwards

I thought it had the same lineup as the Neo geo mini until I saw Baseball Stars on there, why is Top Players Golf chosen over Turfmasters and why Baseball Stars 1 over 2? Sometimes these game choices are head scratchers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Speaking of that, the most bizzare thing that happened at that TMG (http://www.toomanygames.com/) was Ed Flemming getting his truck front bumper stuck to a pole and ripping it clean off!! Goes to show, you shouldn't drink and drive.
    Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Yeah, but how do I get to the SNES games?
    Get the all the accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by Digmac View Post
    Ah yes, for those who wanted to spend even more on a Neo Geo Mini and have two absolutely useless buttons.
    I was thinking the extra buttons were to attract the modding crowd as the Arcade1Up cabinets created a huge market for this. You just know someone will hack this thing the moment it gets released.

Its also possible "other" games might be available down the road (who knows).

So I guess this is the NEO•GEO 3, to be honest it doesn't look that bad, the selection of games is truly head scratching at points ("Sports Classics"), but maybe more games will be added in the future like they did with the ASP and these might have something to do with the extra buttons too, but I'm sure it'll also get modded by a few people.

I'm also pretty curious about the build quality. At least the screen is the correct aspect ratio and it looks pretty good and finally both MVS and AES modes are supported.
    Last edited by FredyFired; 08-11-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Krauser's Henchman
    Lolifoxgirl's basement in the West Korean slums

Quote Originally Posted by FredyFired View Post
    So I guess this is the NEO•GEO 3
    This isn’t through SNK AFAIK, so I don’t think this is the 3rd Neo project they’ve got going on.

The game selection is pretty horrible. Not a single puzzle game or shmup. This is another Chinese turd in my book. Just get a cab for the same price or a little more.

http://www.neo-archive.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digmac View Post
    This isn’t through SNK AFAIK, so I don’t think this is the 3rd Neo project they’ve got going on.
    Oh, so this isn't through SNK, I got confused since the website looks really similar to the NGM and ASP ones, not that those aren't Chinese turds. Personally for me it isn't worth the price either, but at least it seems (we still have to see, cause you can never be sure with these things) to be of better quality than the last 2 attempts.

Though if this isn't the 3rd Neo project, then I still hope for that to be something better, worth the effort and money.

Cheng's Errand Boy

I would consider this if it was made by SNK, but damn $500 for some likely Chinese bootleg quality shit is a tough sell. If this thing is made of wood and has legit buttons/sticks then that’s a plus, but I’m not hopeful.
    Whose mouth do I have to shit in to get some respect around here?

Angel's Love Slave

Very similar to the if I recall correctly cade, but without mobile games and whored out Data East romz

Not even SNK's own stuff was of top tier quality so this is the kind of thing I'd consider under heavy floor clearing discounts, Mini style.

edit: top player's golf and baseball stars professional included, but no Neo Turf nor Baseball Stars 2.
    Planned double dipping confirmed.
    Last edited by Burning Fight!!; 08-11-2020 at 03:49 PM.
    "Play that shit like you just got your motherfucking check and couldn't pick up the thang" - KOF 98.

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

Not seeing anything indicating this is an officially licensed product. Only thing that might indicate it is the blurry copyright line on the side of the cabinet, but there's nothing at all on their website.

Putting this out there like this with all those games baked in is just asking for a big lawsuit.

I will say though that it looks pretty neat at face value.
    Last edited by Fygee; 08-11-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    Not seeing anything indicating this is an officially licensed product. Only thing that might indicate it is the blurry copyright line on the side of the cabinet, but there's nothing at all on their website.

Putting this out there like this with all those games baked in is just asking for a big lawsuit.

I will say though that it looks pretty neat at face value.
    The URL was registered May 26, 2020:

Organization: UNICO Technology Co.,Ltd
    Mailing Address: GuangDong, China

It could very well be legit, I would think plastering SNK, Neo-Geo and all the game titles all over the place without it being licensed would be beyond asking for trouble. It's not like SNK hasn't licensed the name before.

I did not lookup any history on this Unico but if you notice their name is on the side of the cabinet. A quick search and it seems like they have their hands in a lot of pies, but not necessarily gaming that I could find.

SHOCKbox Developer
    6 buttons?
    Just..NO.
    BB
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

bigbearatdreamamusement.net replace "at" with an "@"

I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    http://www.dreamamusement.net/photos/sth.gif is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

$500!? Just keep saving up the tickets for the real deal.

RevQuixo. Who He?

$500

Lick my nads

Rugal's Thug

Why they gotta put an X at the end of the name? Thought they learned their lesson the first time. Hope it's not the Neo3. But I agree this is way to out there to not be licensed.

King's Dry Cleaner

Price not withstanding, what the heck is up with the design? Tiny fake coin slot on the bar top plus a full size fake cooinslot on the pedestal. The speakers are on the base instead of above the monitor. That volume knob on the control panel cracks me up. It looks like someone at least half assed tried to make this look like a big red. I assume unico paid more for licensing that 1up.

I knew it was only a matter of time. I'm not interested, but still I wish a well-known name like Arcade1Up did it. All they have to do is take the technology of the other recent Neo products and blow it up.
    https://basementbrothers.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    I knew it was only a matter of time. I'm not interested, but still I wish a well-known name like Arcade1Up did it. All they have to do is take the technology of the other recent Neo products and blow it up.
    Yeah, but nobody wants to spend $500 for a Neo Geo cabinet with 4 games, which is what we would've gotten if Arcade1Up had produced one.

Better to get an iiRcade and be able to buy the Neo Geo ROMs you want, along with other Arcade titles. They already have a number of Neo games available.

$500 for 50 games is too steep, I'd consider the bar top + stand for more like $300 ish, and that a big ish...

Friend me on Facebook!
    Width is 15".... that is really tiny, and not comfortable with 2p. fail

Lolz-$500!? At least there's more than four games...
    Last edited by yagamikun; 08-11-2020 at 09:09 PM.

-餓狼伝説弟子-

Reminds me of the Gameroom Classics bartop release that came out during SNK Playmore’s time:

The mini crt it featured was interesting, though the emulation quality was a different story altogether.

I suppose I’ll keep an eye on this just to see how this one turns out.
    Last edited by BlackaneseNiNjA; 08-11-2020 at 09:40 PM.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

J. Max's Chauffeur
    In the Ikari Attack Helicopter over the Philadelphia Seaside with Johnny Maximum, Robert Garcia, Mr. Krabs, a drunk Majors Clark Still, and a Mean Guile to defeat evil, then eat cheesesteaks and water ice afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    Reminds me of the Gameroom Classics bartop release that came out during SNK Playmore’s time:

The mini crt it featured was interesting, though the emulation quality was a different story altogether.

I suppose I’ll keep an eye on this just to see how this one turns out.
    I still have the Taito one, I didn’t bother with the SNK one because I had two Neo cabs at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Speaking of that, the most bizzare thing that happened at that TMG (http://www.toomanygames.com/) was Ed Flemming getting his truck front bumper stuck to a pole and ripping it clean off!! Goes to show, you shouldn't drink and drive.
    Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Yeah, but how do I get to the SNES games?
    Get the all the accessories!

Armored Scrum Object
    It's impossible to take this shit seriously when they use six button sticks.

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

Ya the six buttons is dumb...as are some of the game choices. I mean what would be the rationale of not including the whole library...unless they’d be selling additional games down the road like an iircade setup.

$300 for a bar top would be much more reasonable...but we’ll see how this plays out I guess...

King's Dry Cleaner

This thing is a piece of shit but it's not dumb to put 6 buttons on it. It's just an emulation box. Anyone who isn't a retard will find a way to load up other (6 button) games on it like Street Fighter 2.

Samurai Shodown 2 plays better with 6 buttons than 4 buttons anyway. Like I'm going to press A+B and C+D in 2020.

Thread Information