MVS X Multi Video System

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
For those interested, it is now apparently available for preorder. They will be adding retail partners to their site later this month.

I guess the free gift is just for ordering direct. I see they fixed the kof98 marquee art in the updated mockup, but not on the demo unit.

https://shop.snkmvsx.com

"Arrives By Middle of Nov,2020 / Special gift for all pre-orders"

800x.webp

"The official shop pre-sale starts with the following regions:"

• The contiguous 48 States of the United States
  • Australia
  • United Kingdom
  • France
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • Netherlands
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Greece
  • Belgium

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Weren’t they giving Terry statues with this? Or is the preorder gift something different?

I’m a little disappointed by the speaker size but I may still get this. Kind of hesitant ordering direct from the manufacturer though... I know some people had terrible experiences buying direct from Arcade1Up. I think I would prefer to buy from Amazon.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Weren’t they giving Terry statues with this? Or is the preorder gift something different?

I’m a little disappointed by the speaker size but I may still get this. Kind of hesitant ordering direct from the manufacturer though... I know some people had terrible experiences buying direct from Arcade1Up. I think I would prefer to buy from Amazon.

Whats up neo_moe, yeah I think the little Terry statue is the free gift from them for direct orders. Amazon preorders should be up later this month so I’m sure waiting is just fine if you’re still interested in their product.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
So the scumbag who got an early review unit took down the video of it after I pointed out how it showed it was running at the wrong refresh rate and running choppily because of it.

Some really great journalism going on out there.

I bet almost every sponsored review will avoid showing footage of Samurai Shodown games or any games with flickering shadows since it demonstrates how obvious the refresh rate problem is.

This machine is a big turd.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Here is his final review video for those who are interested but couldn't view the stream video. I guess he's the only one who received the demo unit prior to the preorder launch:

Last edited:

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Am I the only one who sees that preorders are up for this?? Just preordered...

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Here is his final review video for those who are interested but couldn't view the stream video. I guess he's the only one who received the demo unit prior to the preorder launch:

Curious that they wouldn't allow him to open it up to see what kind of guts it has.

Troubling really.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Curious that they wouldn't allow him to open it up to see what kind of guts it has.

Troubling really.

Whats up Fygee. Yeah I was surprised by that as well since his channel (and a lot of 3/4 scale collectors in general) focus on modding these types of units. Either way, they do have the specs up for anyone who is curious:

original

Last edited:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Is there a way to turn on blood for games like Metal Slug? I didn't see anything in the review and the soldiers just explode into a ball of cum.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Is there a way to turn on blood for games like Metal Slug? I didn't see anything in the review and the soldiers just explode into a ball of cum.

nope - the live footage/ live stream - they tried messing with the language settings to get the blood. I kept asking them to HOLD START or STaRT+SELECT - i don't think they ever paid attention but its not using UNIBIOS to switch from console to mvs modes.

that was some complaints about it and there was a REP on the live stream that said they would take that feedback to their team.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
preordered for the lulz & ready for mods and hacks...

ps: shipping costs to eu are 74.98 USD

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Whats up Fygee. Yeah I was surprised by that as well since his channel (and a lot of 3/4 scale collectors in general) focus on modding these types of units. Either way, they do have the specs up for anyone who is curious:

original

It's unfortunate that the credit counters are only for show, not sure why they went through the trouble of adding them just for aesthetics and not functionality.

nope - the live footage/ live stream - they tried messing with the language settings to get the blood. I kept asking them to HOLD START or STaRT+SELECT - i don't think they ever paid attention but its not using UNIBIOS to switch from console to mvs modes.

that was some complaints about it and there was a REP on the live stream that said they would take that feedback to their team.

At the very least include the debug BIOS or write code to access the DIP settings some other way.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
It's unfortunate that the credit counters are only for show, not sure why they went through the trouble of adding them just for aesthetics and not functionality.

Hey whats up TMOSteel, though the led indicators don’t reflect player credits, they do seem to have some functionality: the numbers appear to change to reflect which collection and game you currently have selected.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Hey whats up TMOSteel, though the led indicators don’t reflect player credits, they do seem to have some functionality: the numbers appear to change to reflect which collection and game you currently have selected.

Ah, sweet man, totally missed that! Did they bring that up in the video? I watched some when it live streamed but didn't catch that. I guess as long as it does something, right?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Ah, sweet man, totally missed that! Did they bring that up in the video? I watched some when it live streamed but didn't catch that. I guess as long as it does something, right?

He didn’t mention it in the reveal video, but during certain shots of the control panel you can see that the left led indicates the game you have selected and the right led indicates the total number of games in that “collection“.

For example, at time marker 09:02 he has kof 94 highlighted and the leds show “01” and “10”, meaning game 01/10 is selected (game #1 out of a total of 10 kof games).

The same thing happens at time marker 35:27 when he has Metal Slug 4 selected. The led indicators show 05/06 (game #5 out of a total of 6 available Metal Slug games).

video link: https://youtu.be/UKJGUYkr8D4

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
For those interested:

The company announced that they will be adding blood thanks to the feedback that they have received:

“We started our pre-order campaign this week and we have received lots of great feedback either about the arcade or the games. Everybody is very excited that the MVSX is back with great memories.

We do read and listen to every message which you have sent to us and we are adding the violence / blood switch in all samurai shodown and metal slug series as requested.”

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
it looks decent quality for the price point, not a huge fan of the games but if it's moddable like most of these mini systems it would be a mute point.

They really need to come out with a quality AES mini with two controllers. People would go nuts for that. Everything so far has had a gimmick

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
We do read and listen to every message which you have sent to us and we are adding the violence / blood switch in all samurai shodown and metal slug series as requested.”

There are more games than those two that have regional differences and censorship. It just shows (again) that the developers of this don't know shit about the Neo.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
There are more games than those two that have regional differences and censorship. It just shows (again) that the developers of this don't know shit about the Neo.

Sup GohanX, yeah I'm not sure if this is an indication of a unibios-style dip-switch toggle or a region setting option for all included titles. Censorship present in games like KOF, Real Bout, etc could be solved with either addition, though the overall emulation quality and refresh rate concerns will remain a topic of discussion until they also address those.

This was a response to the feedback that they received via the reveal video stream, so they do at least appear to be listening to input.

Last edited:

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
a big concern was, that they might sacrifice a lot of wood and plastic for a volume 2 / for emulating a few other games etc. - but this has an usb slot...and i am pretty sure, there will be blood...everywhere...

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I might pre order one just for fun. The thing is cheap and I might mod it to actually use a one slot and a video scaler. CRTs are getting old and more of a pain to deal with.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Part of that announcement included the fact that they will
Not be charging for delivery and refunding those who have preordered and were billed for freight.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member

Good point, thanks for bringing that up. I'm guessing the team behind the MVSX isn't the same team behind the Neogeo Arcade Stick Pro, despite being from the same company. From what I understand the stick pro doesn't have these issues (censorship). I don't own one to actually verify this.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
For those interested, it is now apparently available for preorder. They will be adding retail partners to their site later this month.

I guess the free gift is just for ordering direct. I see they fixed the kof98 marquee art in the updated mockup, but not on the demo unit.

https://shop.snkmvsx.com

"Arrives By Middle of Nov,2020 / Special gift for all pre-orders"

800x.webp

"The official shop pre-sale starts with the following regions:"

• The contiguous 48 States of the United States
  • Australia
  • United Kingdom
  • France
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • Netherlands
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Greece
  • Belgium

$449.00 for the top piece and another 100 bucks for the bottom half. Shit should have come as one unit to let the customer decide if they wanted it. Fucking awful.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
$449.00 for the top piece and another 100 bucks for the bottom half. Shit should have come as one unit to let the customer decide if they wanted it. Fucking awful.

It's only $499 if you buy the bundle, so $50 for the base if you buy both together. If you just buy the bar top now and want the base later, then it's $100 bucks.

They basically copied the design of the upcoming iiRcade cabinet.