How to delete profile and leave forum

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Someone mentioned it's a public forum which isn't completely correct.

It's a private forum open to the public. Being private means it can be a dictatorship and stop posting if you don't like it.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Isn't GDPR regarding publicly identifiable information though? There's nothing linking Mozzercool's real life identity to his retardation in neohyphengeodotcom.

GDPR is for personally identifiable information, not publicly identifiable information. For a forum this is username, email address and IP address. A site that operates in EU is bound by the law to respond to a "Right of Erasure" request. The only issue is that I'm not aware of any forum that can remove the IP address logs off the server or from the DB to do this. I've had to read these dumb EU laws (GDPR and the copyright one) in order to come up with SOP for forum staff. And to be clear, an EU user, when requesting this from an EU website, must clearly state the phrase "Right of Erasure" in their request as this is what is defined in the law. Generic requests for sites to delete their accounts aren't covered, since that is a separate process not governed by GDPR.

On a US (or non-EU) website if someone made the GDPR Request for Right of Erasure, you can simply replay with:
a12.jpg

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Who in the actual hell is this assclown? just ring the damn bell and log off.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Who in the actual hell is this assclown? just ring the damn bell and log off.

He’s a broke retard who lucked into an AES for $50 and thought that a niche console would have “reproduction styrofoam”, so he’s not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
He’s a broke retard who lucked into an AES for $50 and thought that a niche console would have “reproduction styrofoam”, so he’s not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Repro Styrofoam just killed me luz

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I even suggested he get crafty and cut his own which honestly would've been a bit of fun but I'm the asshole? lol

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I even suggested he get crafty and cut his own which honestly would've been a bit of fun but I'm the asshole? lol

“Surely you can’t be serious” was his response.

But like, No dude...surely YOU can’t be serious in thinking there was repro foam lol

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Hmm this is interesting, so yes GDPR is British but you have a US equivalent. Interestingly I have privately emailed one of the forums administrators to request my information be removed from this website and the fact I did this has come into the public domain in the above thread. That's a big failing on the admins part I believe and a probable breach of my right to privacy. Several weeks back I messaged )(&%% privately to also remove me details to which I got no response. Now yes, some of you are going to post more 7yr old IQ level abuse blah blah (see below lol) and say that I am pissed cause I've received a tiny bit of hate from a few members, but, more importantly it is worrying that your own administrators aren't very helpful. So I will be requesting the Neo Geo forums Privacy policy to see if they are in breach of it. More to come i'm sure...

If I was a Mod and you emailed me with that request I would email you a jpg of my balls.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
“Surely you can’t be serious” was his response.

But like, No dude...surely YOU can’t be serious in thinking there was repro foam lol

Eh you can get repro foam for Transformers, why not video game consoles?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hmm this is interesting, so yes GDPR is British but you have a US equivalent. Interestingly I have privately emailed one of the forums administrators to request my information be removed from this website and the fact I did this has come into the public domain in the above thread. That's a big failing on the admins part I believe and a probable breach of my right to privacy. Several weeks back I messaged )(&%% privately to also remove me details to which I got no response. Now yes, some of you are going to post more 7yr old IQ level abuse blah blah (see below lol) and say that I am pissed cause I've received a tiny bit of hate from a few members, but, more importantly it is worrying that your own administrators aren't very helpful. So I will be requesting the Neo Geo forums Privacy policy to see if they are in breach of it. More to come i'm sure...

The only administrator of this site who would do it is bobakusc at yahoo dot com.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
GDPR is for personally identifiable information, not publicly identifiable information. For a forum this is username, email address and IP address. A site that operates in EU is bound by the law to respond to a "Right of Erasure" request. The only issue is that I'm not aware of any forum that can remove the IP address logs off the server or from the DB to do this. I've had to read these dumb EU laws (GDPR and the copyright one) in order to come up with SOP for forum staff. And to be clear, an EU user, when requesting this from an EU website, must clearly state the phrase "Right of Erasure" in their request as this is what is defined in the law. Generic requests for sites to delete their accounts aren't covered, since that is a separate process not governed by GDPR.

On a US (or non-EU) website if someone made the GDPR Request for Right of Erasure, you can simply replay with:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/913/758/a12.jpg

Yes, indeed, personally identifiable. FFS I'm techincally supposed to know about that lol, I gotta go read on it for once.

As for Mozzer: just quit while you're ahead. Notice that no one but yourself put you in the position you're in, the moderation did not enforce a "mock the n00b" policy, nor there's a site rule for it. People got a laugh about the foam thing and weren't even mean about it, you could have just left the forums right in the moment when you realized no one's gonna point out to some magic dude that makes repros of the most useless thing that ever touched a Neo Geo console (after you of course). Instead you chose to be an attention seeking moron.

Your posts will only remain up in these forums because you hit the "post quick reply" button.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Eh you can get repro foam for Transformers, why not video game consoles?

Sure, except transformers is a franchise worth more than the entire worth of SNK alone, let alone the Neo Geo. How many times have you had to explain what the Neo Geo is, compared to how many times you’ve had to explain who Optimus Prime is?

When the new transformers movie gets announced, it makes millions. When Terry was announced for Smash Bros, how many twitter accounts were popping off “Terry who?” And Sakurai had to have a Nintendo direct explaining the Neo Geo.

Transformers has multiple conventions dedicated specifically to it worldwide. Neo Geo has a pop up shop in Tokyo.

They’re not even close to the same lol.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Lol show me a place where you can buy repro foam for video game consoles.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
How does the name 'RetardoFoam' sound? I think it will really connect with our client base.

I think we should add some double consonants to it... How do you feel about the Z?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Faouhmaru.

Why didn't he just wrap it in plastic bags line his box and spray foam it full?

bwi

20 Year Member
Sometimes i weep for the retards in my country....and there are plenty ( i don't really weep btw)

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Sometimes i weep for the retards in my country....and there are plenty ( i don't really weep btw)

Just one lone single tear? But don't feel bad. England gave the world Matt Berry and he's an international treasure.

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
GDPR has no equivalent in the US. I don’t understand the problem. Nobody knows who you are. You have not done anything super outlandish. Log off and walk away.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
See my sig for an example of how to request account deletion.