What's a Neo Geo rental flag worth?

gradius3

n00b
Hi guys,

was wondering what an original Neo Geo Rental Flag would be worth nowadays? The long yellow one with the G-Mantle on it.

For the NG games there often seems to be a consensus about the actual market prices. But for things like the flag it's rather difficult. I wasn't able to find something about this topic anywhere. Seems these flags are very rare and few people are willing to sell theirs.

I found a couple of threads, here also, discussing repros and attempts to produce them.

To make it clear, I have no intention of selling it. I just would like to know a price for this.

Any hints would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
An original non rental flag (lime green instead of yellow) in like new condition sold in Japan recently for $1000. Another one with more wear sold for around $400, and one with a small tear sold for around $200.

gradius3

n00b
Thanks for the fast reply! Great info! couldn't find any auctions about the flag. But you are talking about green flags in all three cases? Never saw that one. You don't happen to have a link/photo?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
D6C8F2B2-4FE8-446C-A79C-AFB0DC4D2A78.jpeg

Yes, I’m talking about the normal green banners in all three cases. I’d imagine yellow banner pricing would be similar.

gradius3

n00b
Wow! Never saw that one. Great to see there is another one besides the yellow flag. Thanks so much for the pic!!!

But I have to say I like the yellow one better. Maybe it's because I am so used to seeing it ;-)

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
View attachment 57431

Yes, I’m talking about the normal green banners in all three cases. I’d imagine yellow banner pricing would be similar.

Do you possibly know anyone who got any of them?

I'd happily trade a like-new or brand-new yellow rental one for than (for I have three of the yellow one, you see). :-)