Neo Geo World Vol. 1 - Previously unscanned Neo magazine

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
BM8kUOKl.jpg

Neo Geo World was a 3 volume magazine made and published by Softbank in 1995 for Japan only. It was one of the three Neo Geo related magazines that got released around the same time in 1995. You had Neo Geo Freak, Neo Geo Tsushin, and Neo Geo World magazines to choose from. While Neo Geo Freak and Neo Geo Tsushin were both under 600 yen, Neo Geo World Vol. 1 was almost 1000 yen. While Neo Geo Freak and Neo Geo Tsushin had most of the magazine focused on the new titles coming out, Neo Geo World offered a wider variety of content. They had information about the new releases as well, but there was also a good amount of the magazine dedicated to the titles that had already been released, as well as Neo Geo related news, game tips, and move sets.

Nowadays, the Neo Geo World magazines are difficult to come by, with sets of the three rarely going on sale even in Japan. Finding them individually can be easier, but it still proves difficult to complete the set. I happened to own two copies of Vol. 1, and one copy of Vol. 2. Since none of the Neo Geo World volumes have been scanned, and I owned a double of Vol. 1, I decided to disassemble the magazine and scan it in its entirety so that the community can enjoy it without tracking one down and importing it. There's lots of great artwork in here and plenty of small features on many Neo Geo titles. It's a very well rounded Neo Geo magazine in my opinion. There's even Neo Geo curry.

Enjoy guys.

PDF Download - 900MB - Full quality, no compression:
https://bit.ly/2PsmWIs

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Cheers! I wonder if Neo-Geo Curry is bigger, badder, and better than other curry?

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I didn't even open the pdf until this morning, wow! Can someone do this for every NGFreak magazine too?

Pinball

Kula's Candy
This is awesome- thanks. NeoGeo folks do indeed kick ass, and are bigger and badder, like the file size and resolution :-)

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I didn't even open the pdf until this morning, wow! Can someone do this for every NGFreak magazine too?

A good chunk of the NGF magazines have been scanned over on archive.org. While the page dimensions are large, the images have been compressed, and you see it a lot when you zoom in. The NGF magazines are about the same length as Neo Geo World, but their scans are around 70-80MB for the whole magazine, it’s been compressed that much.

For this one magazine, it was 17 hours of work. I wasn’t going to skimp out on the resolution of the pages, haha. People have plenty of storage on their computers and mobile devices now to where 900MB isn’t too bad. It’s very tedious though, and I have a newfound respect for people who scan heaps of magazines.

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
Real nice, thanks a lot for sharing and the work you put in!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
A good chunk of the NGF magazines have been scanned over on archive.org. While the page dimensions are large, the images have been compressed, and you see it a lot when you zoom in. The NGF magazines are about the same length as Neo Geo World, but their scans are around 70-80MB for the whole magazine, it’s been compressed that much.

For this one magazine, it was 17 hours of work. I wasn’t going to skimp out on the resolution of the pages, haha. People have plenty of storage on their computers and mobile devices now to where 900MB isn’t too bad. It’s very tedious though, and I have a newfound respect for people who scan heaps of magazines.

Your work is greatly appreciated Digmac. A lot of us are passionate about the neogeo brand and snk as a whole, but it is admittedly a lot of time and work required to translate and or attempt to share much of what is in our possessions. It is admirable when fellow fans take the time and the effort to share materials like this. Cheers :buttrock:

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Awesome quality! Thanks a ton for the upload! It's greatly appreciated :glee: