What are your big tymer homecarts that you regret selling?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
A lot of the active member base here have been in the game for a while, and over time things come and go for various reasons.

What are the homecarts you regret parting ways with? With the current market it sucks to buy things back, so I'm curious as to your answers.

For me personally, the only big tymer cart I've let go is SSVS unfixed. That was to fund my MD3 cause I couldn't pull that cash out of thin air. I don't really regret it, but I just know I probably won't be throwing down the cash for another SSVS unfixed after I already owned it.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
God, my list of "Big Tymer" carts I've sold isn't small - my early 20's sucked. Needed a roof over my head, food, and had to pay for college. So, let's see....

US Metal Slug X, US Metal Slug 3, US Last Blade, US Real Bout Special, US Last Blade 2, US KOF 98, US KOF 99, US KOF 97, US KOF 2001, US Sengoku 3, US Rage of the Dragons, US Art of Fighting 3, US Samurai Shodown 4, JPN MOTW...I know there's more I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Since this was back in the early aughts (so, almost 20 years ago), I think that I sold all of these for less than $500 each - most around the $300 or $400 mark.

Last edited:

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Metal Slug 3 JPN (£135) and View Point ENG (£110)

Not exactly big tymer but expensive home carts to get today

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
God, my list of "Big Tymer" carts I've sold isn't small - my early 20's sucked. Needed a roof over my head, food, and had to pay for college. So, let's see....

US Metal Slug X, US Metal Slug 3, US Last Blade, US Real Bout Special, US Last Blade 2, US KOF 98, US KOF 99, US KOF 97, US KOF 2001, US Sengoku 3, US Rage of the Dragons, US Art of Fighting 3, US Samurai Shodown 4, JPN MOTW...I know there's more I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Since this was back in the early aughts (so, almost 20 years ago), I think that I sold all of these for less than $500 each - most around the $300 or $400 mark.

Ouch. That's an amazing collection of stuff right there. It'd definitely be rough to part with any one of them, not to even speak of the whole stack.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
JP copies of MSX,2,3,4,5, Sengoku 2001

Although, they were doubles at the time so I guess I shouldn't feel too horrible.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Last Blade 2
Real Bout Special
Real Bout 2

:p

Games that were kinda expensive that I don’t regret selling are:

Art of Fighting 3
KOF 01
KOF 02
SVC Chaos
Sengoku 2

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I've never owned an AES or any home carts.

MVS cab, Omega, CD toploader, NGPC.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
US Metal Slug 5, is the homecart I most regret selling. I sold it for more than I originally paid for it, but I think I only got around $600 for it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've seen a lot of Slugs pass hands around here. I'm sure there's regret each time it gets a new owner.
I haven't let any home carts go. I did get rid of almost all my MVS kits. I don't have a cab anymore, so it seemed reasonable at the time. I can't imagine trying to chase down a complete MVS kit now.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I owned metal slug x English version and sold it off in 2013..I will end up picking up a metal slug game the next time I find one for a decent price. ( metal slug 1 is too rich for my blood though)

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I regret nothing. I sold like 30 carts beginning of the year and then jumped right back in. I've acquired all the "big tymer" home carts on my list already (English versions) and could honestly stop my collection around 12 or 13 games.

If I had to pick one though, it would have been my Japanese copy of X. I like the artwork better compared to english, but will never pay the price to get it back.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I sold like 60+ carts like 2 years ago. Got the itch and started buying them back at almost double the price at the end of last year. Got about 9 carts in and thought to myself what the hell am I doing. Sold off the 9 I purchased and kept the original 6 that I never sold 2 years ago and I'm done. Luckily my favorite Neo games are the cheaper one's. Sure there are some titles that I would love to have again like Last Blade's, Sengoku's, Ninja Commando, Real Bout's, Baseball Stars 2, Street Hoop. Just not worth spending all that money.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I sold like 60+ carts like 2 years ago. Got the itch and started buying them back at almost double the price at the end of last year. Got about 9 carts in and thought to myself what the hell am I doing. Sold off the 9 I purchased and kept the original 6 that I never sold 2 years ago and I'm done. Luckily my favorite Neo games are the cheaper one's. Sure there are some titles that I would love to have again like Last Blade's, Sengoku's, Ninja Commando, Real Bout's, Baseball Stars 2, Street Hoop. Just not worth spending all that money.

I've had a similar up and down over the years. I decided to get out of AES given it felt like a dead end console where all the games were expensive and nothing would change, then the 161-in-1 for AES started coming down in price, they're approaching the even $100 mark on Aliexpress, so I felt like getting another AES and a few games to go with a 161. I wanted at least one snaplock game, I went with KOF 98. I'm like Bilbo Baggins with the ring of power, I wanted to hold and look at a snaplock case, just one last time.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've had a similar up and down over the years. I decided to get out of AES given it felt like a dead end console where all the games were expensive and nothing would change, then the 161-in-1 for AES started coming down in price, they're approaching the even $100 mark on Aliexpress, so I felt like getting another AES and a few games to go with a 161. I wanted at least one snaplock game, I went with KOF 98. I'm like Bilbo Baggins with the ring of power, I wanted to hold and look at a snaplock case, just one last time.

Holding a snaplock or any Aes game in your hands almost feels like in Indiana Jones when he's holding the Golden Idol and you see the golden reflection on his face. Its almost like that.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

lmbo Neo-Geo CD

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Only big tymer games I had were Pulstar and MOTW and I don't regret selling them.

OK, maybe a little bit.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Holding a snaplock or any Aes game in your hands almost feels like in Indiana Jones when he's holding the Golden Idol and you see the golden reflection on his face. Its almost like that.

My precious...

Unfortunately I decided to sell everything a few years ago...divorce is expensive in a no-fault state.

Honestly I never really had anything super expensive or rare, but I had maybe 15-20 AES titles, 5 or 6 of them US.

But the "item" I miss the most is my SNK press kit. It was just one of those things i'm unlikely to ever find again in that condition for near that price.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Unfortunately I decided to sell everything a few years ago...divorce is expensive in a no-fault state.

Honestly I never really had anything super expensive or rare, but I had maybe 15-20 AES titles, 5 or 6 of them US.

But the "item" I miss the most is my SNK press kit. It was just one of those things i'm unlikely to ever find again in that condition for near that price.
How in the fuck did your wife know your stupid plastic VHS looking shitty games were worth money? I would claim this trash at 5 dollars a piece. Just like genesis games.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
How in the fuck did your wife know your stupid plastic VHS looking shitty games were worth money? I would claim this trash at 5 dollars a piece. Just like genesis games.

This guy right here is a smart cookie.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I'm pretty fortunate to still have the majority of what I've bought over the years, such that I think I'm only missing around 20 AES carts or so. Most of those 20 I've never owned before, but the one that always gets me is JPN Ninja Master's. I have owned a couple copies over the years, most recently probably 15 years ago. Definitely miss having that one on the shelf and am always looking to replace it.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've never owned any big tymer AES carts. Got to play most of them for the first time on CD or MVS.