Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your big tymer homecarts that you regret selling?

Host for Orochi

What are your big tymer homecarts that you regret selling?

A lot of the active member base here have been in the game for a while, and over time things come and go for various reasons.

What are the homecarts you regret parting ways with? With the current market it sucks to buy things back, so I'm curious as to your answers.

For me personally, the only big tymer cart I've let go is SSVS unfixed. That was to fund my MD3 cause I couldn't pull that cash out of thin air. I don't really regret it, but I just know I probably won't be throwing down the cash for another SSVS unfixed after I already owned it.

http://www.neo-archive.com

God, my list of "Big Tymer" carts I've sold isn't small - my early 20's sucked. Needed a roof over my head, food, and had to pay for college. So, let's see....

US Metal Slug X, US Metal Slug 3, US Last Blade, US Real Bout Special, US Last Blade 2, US KOF 98, US KOF 99, US KOF 97, US KOF 2001, US Sengoku 3, US Rage of the Dragons, US Art of Fighting 3, US Samurai Shodown 4, JPN MOTW...I know there's more I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Since this was back in the early aughts (so, almost 20 years ago), I think that I sold all of these for less than $500 each - most around the $300 or $400 mark.
    Last edited by yagamikun; 08-05-2020 at 04:21 AM.

Dodgeball Yakuza

Metal Slug 3 JPN (135) and View Point ENG (110)

Not exactly big tymer but expensive home carts to get today

Cham Cham's Banana

Quote Originally Posted by yagamikun View Post
    God, my list of "Big Tymer" carts I've sold isn't small - my early 20's sucked. Needed a roof over my head, food, and had to pay for college. So, let's see....

US Metal Slug X, US Metal Slug 3, US Last Blade, US Real Bout Special, US Last Blade 2, US KOF 98, US KOF 99, US KOF 97, US KOF 2001, US Sengoku 3, US Rage of the Dragons, US Art of Fighting 3, US Samurai Shodown 4, JPN MOTW...I know there's more I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Since this was back in the early aughts (so, almost 20 years ago), I think that I sold all of these for less than $500 each - most around the $300 or $400 mark.
    Ouch. That's an amazing collection of stuff right there. It'd definitely be rough to part with any one of them, not to even speak of the whole stack.

Annex Florida Coalition
    Goodwill Ambassador

JP copies of MSX,2,3,4,5, Sengoku 2001

Although, they were doubles at the time so I guess I shouldn't feel too horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by garoudensetsu View Post
    Yes it take some time for it but now out of closet and open for sex from men. I homosexual proudly declare it to all to see. None of that weight can be over shoulders anymore. Regards

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

Last Blade 2
    Real Bout Special
    Real Bout 2

Games that were kinda expensive that I don’t regret selling are:

Art of Fighting 3
    KOF 01
    KOF 02
    SVC Chaos
    Sengoku 2

Mayor of Southtown

I've never owned an AES or any home carts.

MVS cab, Omega, CD toploader, NGPC.

H = Heinously
    M = Massive
    G = Gonad

USA AES Top Player's Golf CIB

Cham Cham's Banana

US Metal Slug 5, is the homecart I most regret selling. I sold it for more than I originally paid for it, but I think I only got around $600 for it.
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com

I've seen a lot of Slugs pass hands around here. I'm sure there's regret each time it gets a new owner.
    I haven't let any home carts go. I did get rid of almost all my MVS kits. I don't have a cab anymore, so it seemed reasonable at the time. I can't imagine trying to chase down a complete MVS kit now.
    Steam: SnethSS ; XBL:Sneth ; PSN:Sneth ; 3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch: 6190-2874-8805

Armored Scrum Object

I owned metal slug x English version and sold it off in 2013..I will end up picking up a metal slug game the next time I find one for a decent price. ( metal slug 1 is too rich for my blood though)

Ninja Combat Warrior

I regret nothing. I sold like 30 carts beginning of the year and then jumped right back in. I've acquired all the "big tymer" home carts on my list already (English versions) and could honestly stop my collection around 12 or 13 games.

If I had to pick one though, it would have been my Japanese copy of X. I like the artwork better compared to english, but will never pay the price to get it back.
    http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1130/blastcitylogo.jpg

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

I sold like 60+ carts like 2 years ago. Got the itch and started buying them back at almost double the price at the end of last year. Got about 9 carts in and thought to myself what the hell am I doing. Sold off the 9 I purchased and kept the original 6 that I never sold 2 years ago and I'm done. Luckily my favorite Neo games are the cheaper one's. Sure there are some titles that I would love to have again like Last Blade's, Sengoku's, Ninja Commando, Real Bout's, Baseball Stars 2, Street Hoop. Just not worth spending all that money.

H = Heinously
    M = Massive
    G = Gonad

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    I sold like 60+ carts like 2 years ago. Got the itch and started buying them back at almost double the price at the end of last year. Got about 9 carts in and thought to myself what the hell am I doing. Sold off the 9 I purchased and kept the original 6 that I never sold 2 years ago and I'm done. Luckily my favorite Neo games are the cheaper one's. Sure there are some titles that I would love to have again like Last Blade's, Sengoku's, Ninja Commando, Real Bout's, Baseball Stars 2, Street Hoop. Just not worth spending all that money.
    I've had a similar up and down over the years. I decided to get out of AES given it felt like a dead end console where all the games were expensive and nothing would change, then the 161-in-1 for AES started coming down in price, they're approaching the even $100 mark on Aliexpress, so I felt like getting another AES and a few games to go with a 161. I wanted at least one snaplock game, I went with KOF 98. I'm like Bilbo Baggins with the ring of power, I wanted to hold and look at a snaplock case, just one last time.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by HMG View Post
    I've had a similar up and down over the years. I decided to get out of AES given it felt like a dead end console where all the games were expensive and nothing would change, then the 161-in-1 for AES started coming down in price, they're approaching the even $100 mark on Aliexpress, so I felt like getting another AES and a few games to go with a 161. I wanted at least one snaplock game, I went with KOF 98. I'm like Bilbo Baggins with the ring of power, I wanted to hold and look at a snaplock case, just one last time.
    Holding a snaplock or any Aes game in your hands almost feels like in Indiana Jones when he's holding the Golden Idol and you see the golden reflection on his face. Its almost like that.

lmbo Neo-Geo CD

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    lmbo Neo-Geo CD
    You're never going to let that go, huh?

Bro's before hoes.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

Only big tymer games I had were Pulstar and MOTW and I don't regret selling them.

OK, maybe a little bit.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

H = Heinously
    M = Massive
    G = Gonad

Holding a snaplock or any Aes game in your hands almost feels like in Indiana Jones when he's holding the Golden Idol and you see the golden reflection on his face. Its almost like that.
    My precious...

Unfortunately I decided to sell everything a few years ago...divorce is expensive in a no-fault state.

Honestly I never really had anything super expensive or rare, but I had maybe 15-20 AES titles, 5 or 6 of them US.

But the "item" I miss the most is my SNK press kit. It was just one of those things i'm unlikely to ever find again in that condition for near that price.

MAX POWA SURGE!

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutlerHOF View Post
    Unfortunately I decided to sell everything a few years ago...divorce is expensive in a no-fault state.

Honestly I never really had anything super expensive or rare, but I had maybe 15-20 AES titles, 5 or 6 of them US.

But the "item" I miss the most is my SNK press kit. It was just one of those things i'm unlikely to ever find again in that condition for near that price.
    How in the fuck did your wife know your stupid plastic VHS looking shitty games were worth money? I would claim this trash at 5 dollars a piece. Just like genesis games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    fuck this gay earth

-starks out

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

Quote Originally Posted by max 330 mega View Post
    How in the fuck did your wife know your stupid plastic VHS looking shitty games were worth money? I would claim this trash at 5 dollars a piece. Just like genesis games.
    This guy right here is a smart cookie.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

Creator of the Master List
    I'm pretty fortunate to still have the majority of what I've bought over the years, such that I think I'm only missing around 20 AES carts or so. Most of those 20 I've never owned before, but the one that always gets me is JPN Ninja Master's. I have owned a couple copies over the years, most recently probably 15 years ago. Definitely miss having that one on the shelf and am always looking to replace it.

I've never owned any big tymer AES carts. Got to play most of them for the first time on CD or MVS.
    https://basementbrothers.net/

KoF Grandmaster

never mind

Thread Information