Is this a real style of MVS cab?

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
I'm not the most knowledgeable neogeo fan but I haven't seen anything like this before.

Is it a real style of cab that snk made? Or is it some kind of wacky conversion?

o8Wmldu.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Looks like Johnny-5 minus the arms.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Lol. Are you serious?

That thing is an abomination.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
So they gutted and disfigured an original Bally Xenophobe to produce that... thing... :eek_2:

This might be one of the few cases where a landfill would be considered mercy.

P.S. Player two buttons must be a real joy to use... if you you're an alien and have E.T.-like fingers.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I can't believe anyone would even think this was an original SNK cab... god damn it has no style.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Yesh - the buttons are spread SO far apart. This must be horrible to play anything on unless you have super giant hands.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Thanks for the info and the identification everyone! Darn that's so sad that an operator converted such an eclectic cabinet as Xenephobe, however I guess it probably made the operator many more years of $$$ once it was turned into a neogeo.

I agree, the cab is super funky looking and doesn't really look like something SNK would put out... however in the back of my mind I was thinking about how there were some really large and eclectic designs, like the Irritating Maze cab, so was thinking just maybe this thing was one of those.

Btw, on the off chance someone would like to buy this thing, it is for sale on fb marketplace in New Hampshire for $500. It apparently has a nonfunctioning 1 slot board in it. Search for "Now Geo" [sic]

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
My fingers hurt even thinking of trying to play on that thing.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Thanks for the info and the identification everyone! Darn that's so sad that an operator converted such an eclectic cabinet as Xenephobe, however I guess it probably made the operator many more years of $$$ once it was turned into a neogeo.

I agree, the cab is super funky looking and doesn't really look like something SNK would put out... however in the back of my mind I was thinking about how there were some really large and eclectic designs, like the Irritating Maze cab, so was thinking just maybe this thing was one of those.

Btw, on the off chance someone would like to buy this thing, it is for sale on fb marketplace in New Hampshire for $500. It apparently has a nonfunctioning 1 slot board in it. Search for "Now Geo" [sic]

4ak9ux.jpg

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Someone bothered to make the sides match and everything.