Regional MVS Mini Marquees

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I am trying to confirm what marquees were actually officially released outside of Japan and the US.

Can anyone confirm exactly, prefereably with a photo, what MVS games came bundled with additional marquees that were not Japanese or English.

The current list of confirmed marquees that I have and am looking to complete is...

European
  • Fighters History Dynamite
  • Puzzle Bobble
  • Puzzle Bobble 2
  • Sonic Wings 2
  • Sonic Wings 3
  • Street Slam

Spanish
  • 3 Count Bout
  • Aggressors fo Dark Kombat
  • Art of Fighting 2
  • Bust A Move
  • Fatal Fury 2
  • Fatal Fury Special
  • Fatal Fury 3
  • KoF 2000
  • KoF 94
  • KoF 96
  • KoF 97
  • KoF 98
  • KoF 99
  • Magical Drop 2
  • Neo Geo Cup 98
  • Rage of the Dragons
  • Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Samurai Shodown II
  • Samurai Shodown III
  • Samurai Shodown IV
  • Savage Reign
  • Super Sidekicks 2
  • Super Sidekicks 3
  • Super Sidekicks 4
  • Top Hunter
  • World Heroes 2
  • World Hereos 2 Jet
  • World Heroes Perfect

Korean
  • King of Fighters 2000??? (Unverified)

Portuguese
  • Neo Geo Cup 98

Generic Filler
  • Electrocoin (UK)
  • Generalgame (Italy)
  • Gevin (Italy)
  • MGS (US)
  • Sipem (Italy)
  • SNK Black (US)
  • SNK White (Worldwide)

Last edited:

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Hey, I can be useful for once! My big red cab came with a spanish SamSho IV marquee. I rolled over and took a pic, but I can take it out and scan it later if you want something cleaner:
https://i.imgur.com/W1cxDA6.jpg

W1cxDA6l.jpg

Last edited:

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Hey, I can be useful for once! My big red cab came with a spanish SamSho IV marquee. I rolled over and took a pic, but I can take it out and scan it later if you want something cleaner:

Thanks for the reply. This is one I have already in my collection and have added to my list alrady. If you discover anymore that are not on teh lsit, then please let me know. Cheers.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Ah, my bad. Thought the list was what you DIDN'T have, good luck!

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
MVS title cards

I can confirm Samurai 3. See attached pic.
I can also tell you that your list is far from complete and missing many more of them. I have these and several others but they are in a different box that I can’t get to at the moment.

Attachments

• AD0CCA16-C0A4-4CF5-8522-3CB37DB88A8B.jpeg
    AD0CCA16-C0A4-4CF5-8522-3CB37DB88A8B.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 69611542-7B58-4BBF-85C2-4FCC60CC5691.jpeg
    69611542-7B58-4BBF-85C2-4FCC60CC5691.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 74

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I can confirm Samurai 3. See attached pic.
I can also tell you that your list is far from complete and missing many more of them. I have these and several others but they are in a different box that I can’t get to at the moment.

Hey Billy, thanks for replying. As you say, the list is far from complete which I knew it was, but Iknew early and later titles did not have a Spanish mini marquee so was looking to create a definitive list which would give me a point to collect from.

Thanks for those 3 pics, I will add them to the list. If you get time to look through your box and confirm others for me that would be much appreciated.

Also, if you find any doubles of owns I don't have... Let me know if you'd be happy to sell.

Cheers mate. :)

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I’d be happy to help with documenting them and rounding out the list. You, member Wyo (Nick), and myself; are among the very few people I actually know who enjoy collecting and trading these cards. And yes, I have a huge “spare/extra/trade” pile of them which I can PM you for your consideration.

I will make a genuine effort to go through them today and update the list here with what I find. Off the top of my head, I know that I have a Spanish KOF 96 and a Spanish Galaxy Fight so I’ll post pics of those later as well.

Regards.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Gonna check my pile of mini marquees and see if I can contribute in some way (with pictures). ;) The point is no american marquees, right?

I love this kind of stuff, I never leave the art set in the original MVS box... I keep all my flyers in a couple of ring binders so I can look at them from time to time, they're better than any game art book.

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
MVS Spanish Title Cards

Here’s the KOF ‘96 Spanish card

Attachments

• FB602F88-DE20-43DA-86A3-0E15EBF2E6FD.jpeg
    FB602F88-DE20-43DA-86A3-0E15EBF2E6FD.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 49

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Here's my regional marquees... not much, but I can confirm your "unverified" Portuguese Neo Geo Cup 98, if that helps (lower right in the first picture) ;)

Super Sidekicks 2 - SPA
Super Sidekicks 4 - Ultimate 11 SPA
Neo Geo Cup '98 - SPA
Neo Geo Cup '98 - POR

xWtzEgH.jpg

Samurai Shodown - SPA
Samurai Shodown II - SPA
World Heroes 2 - SPA
World Heroes Jet - SPA

ISzvORt.jpg

Top Hunter - SPA
Super Sidekicks 3 - SPA
3 Count Bout - SPA
King of Fighters 98 - SPA

CM7QrCV.jpg

Fatal Fury Special - SPA
Fatal Fury 2 - SPA
Savage Reign - SPA
Art Of Fighting 2 - SPA

lQN3LGZ.jpg

Puzzle Bobble - ENG EUR
Generic MVS Marquee - ??? :lolz:

wxLkLS2.jpg

While I'm here, just a couple of european oddities: generic MVS placeholder marquees for both italian official NeoGeo importers: Gevin (above), Sipem (below)

81x8CA1.jpg

Last edited:

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I’d be happy to help with documenting them and rounding out the list. You, member Wyo (Nick), and myself; are among the very few people I actually know who enjoy collecting and trading these cards. And yes, I have a huge “spare/extra/trade” pile of them which I can PM you for your consideration.

I will make a genuine effort to go through them today and update the list here with what I find. Off the top of my head, I know that I have a Spanish KOF 96 and a Spanish Galaxy Fight so I’ll post pics of those later as well.

Regards.

Yes it does seem it is only a few of us that like collect them separately to the games... After 20 years I am now only a few away for my English, Japanese and European set. Annoyed that I didnt previously bother with Spanish as now I want to... Hence trying to put a list together that doesn't seem to exist anywhere

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Gonna check my pile of mini marquees and see if I can contribute in some way (with pictures). ;) The point is no american marquees, right?

I love this kind of stuff, I never leave the art set in the original MVS box... I keep all my flyers in a couple of ring binders so I can look at them from time to time, they're better than any game art book.

Cool. Sound similar to me. I have my near complete English and Japanese sets in a really nice leather photo album, it has 2 marquees per page and has exactly enough pages for each game. Will need another for the regional ones...

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Here's my regional marquees... not much, but I can confirm your "unverified" Portuguese Neo Geo Cup 98, if that helps (lower right in the first picture) ;)

Super Sidekicks 2 - SPA
Super Sidekicks 4 - Ultimate 11 SPA
Neo Geo Cup '98 - SPA
Neo Geo Cup '98 - POR

xWtzEgH.jpg

Thanks for confirming the Portuguese marquee. Be great to know how mnay others had that regional release.

Fatal Fury Special - SPA
Fatal Fury 2 - SPA
Savage Reign - SPA
Art Of Fighting 2 - SPA

lQN3LGZ.jpg

Added Fatal Fury 2 to the list. Cheers.

While I'm here, just a couple of european oddities: generic MVS placeholder marquees for both italian official NeoGeo importers: Gevin (above), Sipem (below)

81x8CA1.jpg

Not these are ones I love. I have just picked up the blue cardboard Gevin marquee and I have been searching for years for one fo those Sipem marquees... would you consider selling one..?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I went through most of my stashes yesterday and found a few more. I’ll post up some more pics soon. Also made a list of all the extras I have so we can resume trading, and I have quite a large number of these extras so be ready.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I went through most of my stashes yesterday and found a few more. I’ll post up some more pics soon. Also made a list of all the extras I have so we can resume trading, and I have quite a large number of these extras so be ready.

Awesome stuff... looking forward to it.

The ones on this list that I don't have yet are...
3 Count Bout
Agressors of Dark Kombat
Bust A Move
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury 3
King of Fighters 96
Neo Geo Cup 98 (Portuguese)
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Samurai Shodown
Samurai Shodown III
World Heroes 2 Jet

Last edited:

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Not these are ones I love. I have just picked up the blue cardboard Gevin marquee and I have been searching for years for one fo those Sipem marquees... would you consider selling one..?

Sorry, I wish I could help you but I like to keep those in pairs, just in case I have to use them on a 2-slot cab (I'm currently in talks with an arcade operator for a Sipem Neo cab). ;) If I come across more, I'll be sure to contact you! (I live in Turin, that's the city where Sipem had their factory... I even have a Sipem promotional canvas bag :lolz: )

Generally speaking, I don't sell my Neo art (flyers, move strips, marquees), but maybe I could trade some doubles... I've never considered that option. It'll be interesting to check Supergun's list, maybe I'll also do a list of my doubles - with pictures.

I didn't notice Fatal Fury 2 wasn't on your list, glad I could contribute in some way! :buttrock:

Last edited:

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
By the way, I'm goin' a bit off topic here, but I've also took some pictures of my "regional" move strips:

Super Sidekicks 2 - SPA
Super Sidekicks 3 - SPA

QfoJGIs.jpg

Samurai Shodown 2 (both strips) - SPA

JYTlk85.jpg

King of Fighters 98 (both strips) - SPA

P7Hr1yS.jpg

World Heroes 2 Jet - SPA

366mhap.jpg

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Sorry, I wish I could help you but I like to keep those in pairs, just in case I have to use them on a 2-slot cab (I'm currently in talks with an arcade operator for a Sipem Neo cab). ;) If I come across more, I'll be sure to contact you! (I live in Turin, that's the city where Sipem had their factory... I even have a Sipem promotional canvas bag :lolz: )

Generally speaking, I don't sell my Neo art (flyers, move strips, marquees), but maybe I could trade some doubles... I've never considered that option. It'll be interesting to check Supergun's list, maybe I'll also do a list of my doubles - with pictures.

I didn't notice Fatal Fury 2 wasn't on your list, glad I could contribute in some way! :buttrock:

No problem mate... As you can see from this link, I've been looking for years...
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?254802

But please do let me know if you ever find one, maybe I can trade for one of the UK variants...
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?235510-MVS-Mini-Marquees

ThXtd.jpg

Last edited:

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Nice thread.

There are always jokes about the engurish of the japanese but the translations to spanish are hilarious as well.