Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your big time homecarts you still want that are somewhat attainable?

This is what happens
    When you constantly
    Piss off the Management.

Quote Originally Posted by HMG View Post
    I find it funny that you claim MVS is better because it had all the games for the overall platform, yet you prefer the Turbografx-16 over the PC engine...
    Who says my preferences have to make sense..? Lol

Ninja Combat Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by c0nn0r View Post
    Miss me with this Big Tymer BS. Take it from this Executive Status forum member (with his feet on the desk)... Ya ain’t fit to shine my shoes.

Educate yourself below:

taken from "http://www.neogeofreak.com/glossary.htm"

Collector terms / ladder system
    Used to describe ones collection level status by other NeoGeo fans, gamers, and collectors.

- AES
    Aspiring Freak - newbie in the Neo AES collecting game. Under 50 AES carts
    NeoGeoFreak: - reaching 100+ AES carts with 5 being converts.
    Big Tymer: - person with 4 Big Games or 3 Big Game and 8 converted carts.
    Executive: - having ALL the NeoGeo carts and Big Games in your collection.
    Super Freak: - the pinnacle of AES collecting. Owning all the unreleased/converts cartridges.

*(A person can own SuperFreak items and not be deemed a SuperFreak collector)

- MVS
    Aspiring Freak - newbie in the MVS collecting game. Under 50 MVS carts
    NeoGeoFreak: - reaching 80+ MVS carts
    Big Tymer: - reaching 100+ MVS carts .
    Executive: - having the completed MVS cartridge line-up.
    Super Freak: - the pinnacle of MVS collecting. Owning all MVS carts and unreleased prototype games.

*(A person can own SuperFreak items and not be deemed a SuperFreak collector)
    What counts as a "Big Game"? We talking slugs, blazing, golf games? And how tf do 8 converts mixed with 3 real games make you a big tymer? Miss me with that poser shit haha
    http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1130/blastcitylogo.jpg

maybe robo army , sengoku series , top hunter and ninja commando aes
    Last edited by pathlesscookies; 08-05-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Loyal Neo-Disciple

I wonder if wearing a 80's used car salesman suit and a Rolex can help me get to Big Tymer status.

edit: man NGF had people with too much disposable income and nothing going on in life by the balls. That's some room temp IQ manipulation shit. "Oh thanks for buying some carts from us, how many do you have? Under 50? Uh-oh, better buy more so BIG TYMERS don't make fun of you".
    Last edited by Burning Fight!!; 08-03-2020 at 09:16 PM.
    RIP Geese Howard. January 1953 - September 1920.. never forget

Ninja Combat Warrior

I can't even fathom owning 50 AES carts, let alone being shamed for it. For fucks sake I hardly own 10
    http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1130/blastcitylogo.jpg

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

I'm a cheap bastard, and my personal rule for buying old games is to never pay more for something than it originally cost new. Of course, that's $200 for older Neo Geo stuff. And they cost more by the end of the 1990s, didn't they?

Among the sub-$200 games I'd want, there's The King of Fighters '95 and The Super Spy. And they get more expensive every time I check.

If I had to go above that, I would get one of the Last Blade titles. Maybe the first one, since it's cheaper and I'm fine with the digital reissue of the second game.

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by redfield0009 View Post
    I can't even fathom owning 50 AES carts, let alone being shamed for it. For fucks sake I hardly own 10
    Yeah seriously. A few years ago I had over 40 games. Currently I have about 20-25 games I think..but even that feels bloated and I could easily trim some fat.

Really the only “expensive” games I have are some KOFs, Last Blade, and SS4.

Legend.

US AES Aero Fighters 3

Ukyo's Doctor

The main ones that I still would like to get at some point are Andro Dunos, Eightman, Flying Power Disc, Last Resort, Miracle Adventure, Ninja Commando, Sonic Wings 2 and SvC Chaos in Japanese format. And also to swap out my English Viewpoint for a Japanese version.

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by rcantor77 View Post
    The main ones that I still would like to get at some point are Andro Dunos, Eightman, Flying Power Disc, Last Resort, Miracle Adventure, Ninja Commando, Sonic Wings 2 and SvC Chaos in Japanese format. And also to swap out my English Viewpoint for a Japanese version.
    Has anyone here ever beaten viewpoint without cheating? I’m pretty good at shoot em ups and I can only get to the third level boss so far.

Ukyo's Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSlugVet View Post
    Has anyone here ever beaten viewpoint without cheating? I’m pretty good at shoot em ups and I can only get to the third level boss so far.
    Yeah its a tough one... I once got to level 5 but generally I can only get to level 4. It will go back in the cab again soon and give it another good hammering.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kevums View Post
    US AES Aero Fighters 3
    Mr. Kevums,

Your presence is requested in this thread:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...as-he-grown-up

Regards,

-LS

can try 2 player simultaneous and see

KoF Grandmaster

Posing a question like this suggests that you're probably pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pathlesscookies View Post
    can try 2 player simultaneous and see
    can try 2 player competitive and sea

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

I haven't beaten it but an average player should be able to reach the third level boss the first time they play the game.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

Cham Cham's Banana

There are a couple more I would like to pick up, if I found them for a good price: Mark of the Wolves and Metal Slug X.
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com

-餓狼伝説弟子-

Yes; it just boiled down to having a lot of time 20+ years ago and tons of memorization and dedicated practice. These days, using save states to practice certain stage sections and boss encounters would be faster, but I force myself to learn via single runs. I always start from stage 1 and work on my play-throughs by developing consistency from there while pushing a little further each time.

It’s timely, but it’s a process that I have fun with and helped me run through games like the nes Ninja Gaiden titles, Magician Lord, Last Resort etc when I was younger. Dedicated practice and memorizing levels by forced single run playthroughs to gradually push progress. Your muscle memory will become second nature and you’ll enter the “zone” more often thanks to all the preceding levels becoming second nature.

This also reinforces efficient play to retain your powerups which helps immensely in other shooters (looking at you, Pulstar). Starting some stages with zero powerups after using a continue makes some game’s later levels 10 times harder than they would otherwise be (infamous “frog stage” from Magician Lord) if reached with appropriate power levels.

If you hit a progress wall, take a break and tackle it with a fresh mind in another session. Keep practicing and have fun
    Last edited by BlackaneseNiNjA; 08-05-2020 at 10:44 PM.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Kyokugen Trainee

The NGF definitions are hilarious. Funny thing is that half the Neo Library isn't even worth owning, even more so with the current market prices.

Obviously NGF is the spirit animal of all collectards.
    Last edited by 2D_Master; 08-05-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Crom, give us strength.

Host for Orochi

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 3.50.31 AM.png

Proof from the DHP that Dion was always full of shit.

http://www.neo-archive.com

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by rcantor77 View Post
    Yeah its a tough one... I once got to level 5 but generally I can only get to level 4. It will go back in the cab again soon and give it another good hammering.
    Yes I’ve been leaving it in my AES and playing at least once a day. Now I got to the 4th level boss. It’s definitely going to be a celebration if I ever finally beat it.

I totally agree judging a collection by how many carts you own is foolish. Big collections with lots of filler doesn’t do it for me like 20-25 of the best games.. However if you have 100 Neo Geo games and genuinely like and play them all more power to you.
    Last edited by MetalSlugVet; 08-06-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

Ok so if you have less than 50 games you're an "aspiring freak". If you have 80 MVS carts or 100 AES, you're a "Neo Geo freak". Why is the AES number higher than MVS and what about if you own 50-79 MVS or 50-99 AES? You're in freak limbo?
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

Lord, I'm getting Neo-PTSD from the Dion posts from the DHP. lol. Does he have a category now for "Neo Old-Tymer?"

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    Ok so if you have less than 50 games you're an "aspiring freak". If you have 80 MVS carts or 100 AES, you're a "Neo Geo freak". Why is the AES number higher than MVS and what about if you own 50-79 MVS or 50-99 AES? You're in freak limbo?
    Asking questions like that gets you a Dion headlock scenario.

Did Dion actually play the games?

Fio's Quartermaster

Quote Originally Posted by redfield0009 View Post
    Ya its a bit crazy, AES prices have gone bonkers since then. You could get most of the JPN library for under $100 when that was written. Im pushing 50 carts but i only play a half dozen or so regularly. Not a huge desire to play World Heroes when i have Garou and Last Blade but even that game seems to have tripled in price in the last year. Most of the commons i have i found in lots and didnt really seek them out.

With AES less is more and you are better off just getting a few great games that you enjoy. You should be shamed for not owning a copy of Sam Sho 2 ./ Sam Spirits 2 though.
    The Offensive Orgy Mode!!!

Thread Information