Neo geo stick recommendations

Hi there. So I have an aes but I'd really like a decent stick because the official one is alright but I feel like it could be better. Does anyone have any recommendations for any that can be sent to the UK?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You can mod the original stick with Seimitsu/Sanwa 24mm buttons. The stick is already a Seimitsu which they unfortunately no longer make and have not manufactured for a very long time.

Or you can take an already sanwa/seimitsu kitted out HRAP or similar, wire it for the Neo using a cheap Neo controller cable that can be found on ebay etc.

I'm sure you could've googled all this though... The fucking answers to anything in life are there after all!

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Ive tried the modded original sticks with sanwa buttons and it makes a huge improvement.I just use the original unmodded sticks but I see the appeal of the upgraded buttons.

I’ve been interested in retro stock pile sticks, they seem like really quality products but I have no experience with them.

Last edited:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
That is a beautiful stick to be proud of Redfield. I think a viewpoint themed retro stockpile stick may be in my future. If I’m able to convince the owner to make one for me that is.

The dude does some amazing stuff. If anyone can do a viewpoint themed stick it's him. If you get one I recommend the larger sized stick like my slug 3. It feels so damn good in my lap.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
The dude does some amazing stuff. If anyone can do a viewpoint themed stick it's him. If you get one I recommend the larger sized stick like my slug 3. It feels so damn good in my lap.

You can't hide it anymore redfield. We know you love your stick. :thevt::thevt::thevt::thevt:

For real though, Retro Stockpile sticks are a good option if you want one custom made with plexi. Prices are right on as well. I personally prefer arcade sticks with a metal CP, so the HORI Neo sticks are a good option without breaking the bank. I built my own from a PS2 era Hori RAP/Tekken stick and made my own Neo 29 inspired design for it. There are lots of directions you could go and it's a matter of what you personally prefer in a joystick.

You can mod the original stick with Seimitsu/Sanwa 24mm buttons. The stick is already a Seimitsu which they unfortunately no longer make and have not manufactured for a very long time.

Or you can take an already sanwa/seimitsu kitted out HRAP or similar, wire it for the Neo using a cheap Neo controller cable that can be found on ebay etc.

I'm sure you could've googled all this though... The fucking answers to anything in life are there after all!

I have I'm just lazy and would prefer just to buy one already made.

You can't hide it anymore redfield. We know you love your stick. :thevt::thevt::thevt::thevt:

For real though, Retro Stockpile sticks are a good option if you want one custom made with plexi. Prices are right on as well. I personally prefer arcade sticks with a metal CP, so the HORI Neo sticks are a good option without breaking the bank. I built my own from a PS2 era Hori RAP/Tekken stick and made my own Neo 29 inspired design for it. There are lots of directions you could go and it's a matter of what you personally prefer in a joystick.

Cheers. I'll message them on facebook to see if they do delivery to UK