Ordering from Suruga-Ya: The good and bad from the Neo perspective

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Here is my recent order:

PKaaZw0.jpg

Never received a game in a hanger bag before, and all the price stickers do not match the price I paid. Makes me wonder if they were pulled from an actual store. Nevertheless- very satisfied with my order from them!

Last edited:

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Here is my recent order:

PKaaZw0.jpg

Never received a game in a hanger bag before, and all the price stickers do not match the price I paid. Makes me wonder if they were pulled from an actual store. Nevertheless- very satisfied with my order from them!

Nice pick-ups!

Naika

Street Hoop Star
For all the issues everyone talked about per Suruga-ya, these pickups are definitely nice.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
For all the issues everyone talked about per Suruga-ya, these pickups are definitely nice.

I picked up an AES Last Resort from them for $250usd a few months ago in far better condition than they let on. They have some good deals every now and then so keep your eyes peeled!

Leback

Stakes Winner
I picked up an AES Last Resort from them for $250usd a few months ago in far better condition than they let on. They have some good deals every now and then so keep your eyes peeled!

I ordered a Fatal Fury (AES) from them a couple of months ago for a good price and the game turned out in fantastic condition. Probably a NOS that had been opened and played once. Even the sticker is like new.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Thanks. I've always had good luck- but I can't speak on the more expensive homecarts others have talked about. With other console games, I think most people will be pleased.

Just for fun- I looked at my order history to see what I bought from my very first order with Suruga-ya, back when they used to be on Rakuten. This was what I bought January 15 2013 and some of the prices I paid. I wish I bought more back then!
Spoiler:

M4qEBfT.jpg

QrQAYl3.jpg

Grove on Fight- 1,840 yen
Vampire Hunter- 38 yen
Real Bout Special- 101 yen
King of Fighters 94- 66 yen
King of Fighters 95- 50 yen
Fighters History Dynamite- 490 yen

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
For cheaper games they’re great. All of the issues I’ve had have been from Neo home carts, where condition matters for what you pay. There just isn’t any condition checking on behalf of Surugaya with their home carts, especially in their physical retail locations. I was talking with someone I know who lives and sells games in Japan and he told me that he’s gotten bootleg Mega Drive games when ordering from Surugaya online, so anything’s possible.

The more you order home carts from them, the more you’ll see how the condition doesn’t matter on their end.

Naika

Street Hoop Star

Very cool. Makes me curious how they're like with Saturn games...